Groups

breakdown cover recommendations please

Hi can anyone suggest best breakdown cover please as I was covered under my car insurance but just changed. Looking for best cover at cheapest price as have a 500 mile round trip next weekend. Last year I only called them out once. I never drive out of the country. Once a fortnight I travel 70 miles from home. Looked on quidco etc but totally mind boggling as so many to choose from. Also seen one on groupon but never heard of these. Any help greatly appreciated thanks

16 Comments

Start Rescue. Also on quidco. Paid £61 for three star (full cover minus Europe) for 2 cars and got about £12 quidco. So worked out less than £25 a car.

I've been with autoaid for years about £45 covers you and your spouse in any car that you're travelling in. Price stays the same each year. Would highly recommend them as I've been towed home from Birmingham to London with 3 kids and it was hassle free.

I cannot recommend Startrescue too highly. They have come out to me twice within a fortnight (thanks to the useless garage.) Superb service. Polite, prompt and great value for money wether you get 'cash back' or not.
    Edited by: "Diegobound" 20th Aug 2016

Green flag here, but we are lucky enough to have never called them out, my first year I got a £25 amazon voucher, my renewal for year 2 was £20 cheaper than any of the other major providers,

+1 AutoAid

Hi mods. How come my link was removed? I thought it would help the OP?

Diegobound

Hi mods. How come my link was removed? I thought it would help the OP?

Probably had an affiliate link associated with it.

Banned

kwikfit fit

so basically what were seeing here is everyone avoiding the big boys (aka RAC /AA). the last few experiences with RAC have been shocking as theyve asked **** tow trucks to come get me/ leave me at the side of the road for 3 hours... the heirarchy system of kids/ lone female is the biggest ranking factor lol

Autoaid...

FTOdude170

so basically what were seeing here is everyone avoiding the big boys (aka … so basically what were seeing here is everyone avoiding the big boys (aka RAC /AA). the last few experiences with RAC have been shocking as theyve asked **** tow trucks to come get me/ leave me at the side of the road for 3 hours... the heirarchy system of kids/ lone female is the biggest ranking factor lol

TBH I never had a problem with the big boys (only used twice). The problem is price. I had basic cover with RAC at £29. Start Rescue give me full cover for the same price. I'm paying for a guy to stand in a supermarket carpark trying to sell their services!

Original Poster

Thanks for all taking time to reply. Going to sit down shortly and look at the above named. X

Look at what offers tcb and quidco have. Ive just gone from rac to greenflag, around £50 cheaper. Plus £17.50 tcb.

not rac, when I needed them they put it out to a local firm with just a tow truck and no tools to look at the problem, (unlike what they advertise) had to re call them out the following day (which they didn't turn up to on time) which then they fixed the problem in half hour but cost me 2 days and about 5 hours

so if i can just ask a question, how do you guys and gals get on with these companies nationally.. for example.. are these local companies, will they respond if i break down in newcastle and then bring me back to luton? ive always wondered.

kwikfit, paid £26 for full rescue inc homestart.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Uncharted - The Lost Legacy runtime?11
      2. Best roaming data PAYG for USA11
      3. Sky broadband cancel notice period.22
      4. Car MOT77

See more discussions