Groups

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

Banned
    Man, they don't make wonderful films like this anymore.

19 Comments

I have to agree. Good scripts and acting have fallen by the wayside in favour of special effects and 'perfect' looking actors/actresses.

One thing I don't miss from older films is the RIDICULOUSLY LOUD MUSIC EVERY TIME ANYTHING IS HAPPENING ON SCREEN!oO

There are loads of great films out there. You just need to look past the majority of the dross they pump out for the masses.

I think I remember that film
    Yes, I recall, I think we both kinda liked it

Lovely looking woman, an ethereal quality about her.

youtube.com/wat…jFc

Quietus

One thing I don't miss from older films is the RIDICULOUSLY LOUD MUSIC … One thing I don't miss from older films is the RIDICULOUSLY LOUD MUSIC EVERY TIME ANYTHING IS HAPPENING ON SCREEN!oO

Except for Jaws.

Mark2111

Except for Jaws.

Haha, that's a pretty good exception, but I was thinking more of the older films with the orchestra constantly on full volume just because somebody walks across a room, and then gets completely out of control when that person embraces another. Then you go deaf when their lips meet.:|

Original Poster Banned

Mark2111

Lovely looking woman, an ethereal quality about … Lovely looking woman, an ethereal quality about her.https://youtube.com/watch?v=lH2W1TaHjFc

I love that scene and Henry Mancini's version of Moon River, both of them together are absolute perfection. Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's [1961] and Olivia Hussey (Romeo and Juliet [1968]) are Goddesses in human form.

Mark2111

Lovely looking woman, an ethereal quality about … Lovely looking woman, an ethereal quality about her.https://youtube.com/watch?v=lH2W1TaHjFc

And then the Mars corporation turned her into a dirty hat thief. Is nothing sacred?
    youtube.com/wat…5AM

Spasho

I love that scene and Henry Mancini's version of Moon River, both of them … I love that scene and Henry Mancini's version of Moon River, both of them together are absolute perfection. Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany's [1961] and Olivia Hussey (Romeo and Juliet [1968]) are Goddesses in human form.

Im interested to see how the reported remake starring Rihanna and Will Smith will turn out, aren't you?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Im interested to see how the reported remake starring Rihanna and Will … Im interested to see how the reported remake starring Rihanna and Will Smith will turn out, aren't you?

Uh... uh...
    Ha-hah!
    Moon River, flow tight like Joan Rivers
    Mile wide, I'm ya style guide, to the west side, gonna crossy wit ma posse!
    C'mon. etc.

Banned

kramer vs kramer

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Im interested to see how the reported remake starring Rihanna and Will … Im interested to see how the reported remake starring Rihanna and Will Smith will turn out, aren't you?

Will Smith used to be a great actor but now he just comes off as OK, imo. Musically I've never liked Rihanna too much, her music sounds repetitive, clichéd, uncreative and unoriginal like most singers/musicians nowadays.

Anyone still remember Maroon 5? It still exists but it's crap now.

withering heights 1937

To kill a mocking bird

What ever happend to baby Jane

Stella Dallas 1937

agree with you about the 1968 Juliet, Spasho.

although AFAIK i haven't seen any of the other filmic versions.

tourism.verona.it/en/…use

I loved that version of R&J ('68) it was a real classic, much better than the one with DiCaprio, that was awful
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2386
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927275
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4081766
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764633

See more discussions