"Breaking bad " movie, now on Netflix

Posted 12th Oct
El Camino, Jesse Pinkman story, Movie has just arrived on Netflix. Only announcing it as I see 'Breaking Bad' making almost everybody's top ten list of favourite TV shows on here. Now to sit back and watch it.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

19 Comments
Thanks for reminding me, op.
That's my viewing for tonight sorted.
Was ok, I probably expected too much.
I watched it last night, it wasn't as good as the series, and centred around Jesse's escape.
Does it go on for way too long and only have a couple of good bits?
do I need to see the series before watching this or is it independent?
mds125612/10/2019 15:08

do I need to see the series before watching this or is it independent?

You need to have seen the series
_Whatever_12/10/2019 15:20

You need to have seen the series

Yeah, probably need the background info which I haven't. Watched the first 20mins of EC and gave up. As an outsider to the franchise EC seemed exceptionally slow, and I don't have a spare lifetime nor inclination to catch up on what I may have missed. Highly rated though.
AndyRoyd12/10/2019 15:27

Yeah, probably need the background info which I haven't. Watched the first …Yeah, probably need the background info which I haven't. Watched the first 20mins of EC and gave up. As an outsider to the franchise EC seemed exceptionally slow, and I don't have a spare lifetime nor inclination to catch up on what I may have missed. Highly rated though.

Yeah it really does rely on you understanding breaking bad as a series. I really enjoyed it being a big fan of the show. Lots of the original cast making appearances as well
Meh, Breaking Bad wasn't that amazing imo. Some good scenes and moments here and there. Enjoyed Gus and Hector Salamanca story more than the actual protagonists. Probably won't bother with this.
awiew12/10/2019 15:34

Meh, Breaking Bad wasn't that amazing imo. Some good scenes and moments …Meh, Breaking Bad wasn't that amazing imo. Some good scenes and moments here and there. Enjoyed Gus and Hector Salamanca story more than the actual protagonists. Probably won't bother with this.

This. Everybody raves on about it, but forgets that every season it was so close to being cancelled. I personally enjoyed the show, but it wasn’t up there with top favourites.

As for el Camino - I honestly wouldn’t waste your time. It seemed so pointless. 1.2 hours of flashbacks, the other .3 of him basically getting cash to flee the state.
Worth a watch if your a breaking bad fan but nothing to write home about.
Breaking bad, absolutely epic one of best series of all time But.... Not a patch on suits.
moneybanks1412/10/2019 19:37

Breaking bad, absolutely epic one of best series of all time But.... Not a …Breaking bad, absolutely epic one of best series of all time But.... Not a patch on suits.

Suits lost it when Michael and Rachel left still good but not as good. Sense8 is up there with the best shows though..
dunno12/10/2019 14:45

Does it go on for way too long and only have a couple of good bits? …Does it go on for way too long and only have a couple of good bits?

No it was too short imo
Anyone that liked Breaking Bad and is looking for a new series to watch should watch Alias JJ based on Pablo Escobar hitman. Only thing it's in Spanish but subtitles only makes u focus more on not missing any of it. Available on Netflix. Back to the breaking bad movie felt more like a continuation of the series more then a movie. Had to recall who was who. But still worth watching if you seen the series.
Jordztar12/10/2019 15:54

This. Everybody raves on about it, but forgets that every season it was so …This. Everybody raves on about it, but forgets that every season it was so close to being cancelled. I personally enjoyed the show, but it wasn’t up there with top favourites.As for el Camino - I honestly wouldn’t waste your time. It seemed so pointless. 1.2 hours of flashbacks, the other .3 of him basically getting cash to flee the state.

I don't recall it being close to cancellation, barring the first series when the writers strike kicked in, but that could be said for loads around that time. A couple of times there were half hearted threats from AMC, but they happen regularly, and I think it was FX and another network were both there chomping at the bit to take over production, so even if AMC had let it go there wasn't any chance of it being cancelled. I might be remembering it wrong though, you got a link to the cancellation stories please?
julieallen14/10/2019 06:24

I don't recall it being close to cancellation, barring the first series …I don't recall it being close to cancellation, barring the first series when the writers strike kicked in, but that could be said for loads around that time. A couple of times there were half hearted threats from AMC, but they happen regularly, and I think it was FX and another network were both there chomping at the bit to take over production, so even if AMC had let it go there wasn't any chance of it being cancelled. I might be remembering it wrong though, you got a link to the cancellation stories please?

Sure.

lmgtfy.com/?q=…e=1
Jordztar14/10/2019 06:46

Sure.https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+breaking+bad+was+almost+cancelled&iie=1

Do you have an actual link rather than a sarcastic reply that doesn't actually show that it almost cancelled every season?
I think everyone's aware it was rejected from a few networks before it started and there was a bit of a wobble around season 3, but as far as I know, it was never in danger of being cancelled.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants