Groups

Breech Baby - Any tips that have worked for you to turn head down?

Ok just about 33wks,baby mainly been breech early on,but turned at some point around 26-27wks,had it confirmed at 28wks by scan that it was head down,was head down last week,today it's not!

Any tips that worked for you,to turn,there loads on various websites but wondering if anyone adamant about any working,some sound pretty wild and I wouldn't bother trying etc.

At moment got an iPod down there playing music see if it wants to listen and makes it way round. Does seem pretty spacious in there and baby not a big one so think time for it to move yet maybe. Been told that if 36wks comes and still breech they see what it doing then and consider options of what to do next.

19 Comments

my girl turnd every day for the last 3 weeks i was carrying her (she was 4 weeks early) so i wouldnt worry to much the baby will move on his/her own a few more times yet as did my other 3 lol but a bath can help them to move more if that helps they like the sound of the water so try running it well your in there x

Original Poster

alexcruxon;5934035

my girl turnd every day for the last 3 weeks i was carrying her (she was … my girl turnd every day for the last 3 weeks i was carrying her (she was 4 weeks early) so i wouldnt worry to much the baby will move on his/her own a few more times yet as did my other 3 lol

Yeh M/W said it probably move but there always a few that won't!

I'm back in again Friday for BP check so I'll get them have another feel see what it is doing,I'll feel more hopefull if it's def changing so hopefully it's doing something else!

I wouldn't worry too much now - I had transverse lie at 37/38 weeks but he moved to head down in time (average size baby as well).
    I was told to sit leaning forwards, straddling a chair with pelvis in open position
    Good luck!!

Dont worry to much, my son turned in the last couple of days before he was born at 38wks, he kept twisting and turning all the time, i felt it when it happened as well it hurt lol

He did go head down and was born 24hrs later weighing 6lb 5

My MW got it wrong, @ 38 weeks baby was 'breech' 3 MW at my centre checked, went for a scan the next day and he was head down lol.

but tips I have heard are rocking forward and back on hands and knees.

I was so worried 38 weeks that I couldnt have a natural birth and I found this,

spinningbabies.com/

Defo worth a look

Original Poster

magpieno1;5934107

I wouldn't worry too much now - I had transverse lie at 37/38 weeks but … I wouldn't worry too much now - I had transverse lie at 37/38 weeks but he moved to head down in time (average size baby as well).I was told to sit leaning forwards, straddling a chair with pelvis in open positionGood luck!!

Yeh my friend mentioned that earlier today,I only want to try anything that not extreme etc.

Original Poster

amcol;5934134

Dont worry to much, my son turned in the last couple of days before he … Dont worry to much, my son turned in the last couple of days before he was born at 38wks, he kept twisting and turning all the time, i felt it when it happened as well it hurt lolHe did go head down and was born 24hrs later weighing 6lb 5

Yeh I heard them going right at last minute litrally too.

Original Poster

4lyons09;5934139

My MW got it wrong, @ 38 weeks baby was 'breech' 3 MW at my centre … My MW got it wrong, @ 38 weeks baby was 'breech' 3 MW at my centre checked, went for a scan the next day and he was head down lol. but tips I have heard are rocking forward and back on hands and knees.I was so worried 38 weeks that I couldnt have a natural birth and I found this,http://www.spinningbabies.com/Defo worth a look

I've had a look at that website earlier infact.

Hi, I'm now 20 weeks, my cousin's baby was also breech late on, she got one reflexology treatment.On return to hospital for last scan baby had turned. Maybe worth a try!! and enjoy the relaxation while you can. Fingers crossed .. good luck:thumbsup:

But don't forgot reflexology can also trigger labour.....

I think I remember another trick was to scrub the floor! Apparently the motion helps turn the baby.

My little girl was also transverse, was 2 weeks late, but turned just in time for a speedy birth. She's stubborn now and won't be forced into making a decision but when she does she sticks to her guns! ;-)

Best of luck to you

Original Poster

Butterflies;5934368

I think I remember another trick was to scrub the floor! Apparently the … I think I remember another trick was to scrub the floor! Apparently the motion helps turn the baby.My little girl was also transverse, was 2 weeks late, but turned just in time for a speedy birth. She's stubborn now and won't be forced into making a decision but when she does she sticks to her guns! ;-)Best of luck to you

Oh well I got a lot of cleaning to do when I move next week.

I'm getting plenty of exercise too,I'm walking 3-4 miles some days,depends.

Have you got a birthing ball ? Bouncing and rocking on that for a little each day is supposed to help turn baby .

And keeping active and upright

Although didnt help me! Mine was on its side head down most of pregnancy then turned back to back in labour. So painful!

Original Poster

angelfins;5935691

Have you got a birthing ball ? Bouncing and rocking on that for a little … Have you got a birthing ball ? Bouncing and rocking on that for a little each day is supposed to help turn baby . And keeping active and uprightAlthough didnt help me! Mine was on its side head down most of pregnancy then turned back to back in labour. So painful!

We have a large pilates ball thats all,but don't expect it's much different from what you mention.

get on all fours and rock hun x

I have three children - two of whom were breech at birth - born feet rather than bottom first. I had natural births with all three and didn't find the breech births any more difficult than the head first presentation. My daughter was 8lbs 3ozs and breech - so not even a small baby! Personally I wouldn't worry about which way up they are. I was told that tryng to turn them isn't a good idea as this would cause a problem if the cord was short. I do appreciate that ideas change over the years though...........
    Good luck with the pregnancy whichever way up the baby is!

My brother was born Breech in a Natural Birth. Mum said it didn't feel any different to when I was born except that he had ticklish feet.

Original Poster

Susannah;5935931

I have three children - two of whom were breech at birth - born feet … I have three children - two of whom were breech at birth - born feet rather than bottom first. I had natural births with all three and didn't find the breech births any more difficult than the head first presentation. My daughter was 8lbs 3ozs and breech - so not even a small baby! Personally I wouldn't worry about which way up they are. I was told that tryng to turn them isn't a good idea as this would cause a problem if the cord was short. I do appreciate that ideas change over the years though...........Good luck with the pregnancy whichever way up the baby is!

If they do try and turn they weigh up the options by scan and if they think it's possible,if they get in distress then your in right place if baby don't like it.

I think a lot as changed possibly over the last decade or so,they not really trained to deliver a breech baby,as it's common practise to do C-Section if Breech,I've been told though it is my choice though...got 3 more wks or so to see what baby is doing.
    Some staff will refuse to deliver,so you need to know if there be someone available who is in the know and have delivered a breech baby before,it's probably not likely these days.

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5940663

If they do try and turn they weigh up the options by scan and if they … If they do try and turn they weigh up the options by scan and if they think it's possible,if they get in distress then your in right place if baby don't like it.I think a lot as changed possibly over the last decade or so,they not really trained to deliver a breech baby,as it's common practise to do C-Section if Breech,I've been told though it is my choice though...got 3 more wks or so to see what baby is doing.Some staff will refuse to deliver,so you need to know if there be someone available who is in the know and have delivered a breech baby before,it's probably not likely these days.

I was told that I woud need a c-section but I complained so they said they would 'give me a go' to see how it went, As it was, I delivered two of may children breech. With my second daughter they didn't get much of a chance - I arrived at the hospital in no pain, went for a wee and she almost fell down the toilet!
    Really hope things go well. xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Three connection910
      2. DVD storage34
      3. What will £250 get me second hand mobile44
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?617

See more discussions