Brexit: Euro zone economy set for best year in a decade as UK registers worst living standards squeeze since 1815

Top comments
Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world want to immigrate into the UK.

Sadly look at the third world countries below UK, how awful it must be to live in Japan, France, Austria or Italy eh?

en.wikipedia.org/wik…dex

2016 Rank estimates for 2015
16 UK
17 Japan
18 South Korea
19 Israel
20 Luxembourg
21 France
22 Belgium
23 FInland
24 Austria
25 Slovenia
26 Italy

32459175-1rCnX.jpg
29 Comments
PhoenixRising56 m ago

Did anyone expect anything different? It just goes to show the ignorance …Did anyone expect anything different? It just goes to show the ignorance of some Brexiteers in a previous thread.Remainers furious that UK grows faster than expected

32459159-8YBzR.jpg
Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world want to immigrate into the UK.

Sadly look at the third world countries below UK, how awful it must be to live in Japan, France, Austria or Italy eh?

en.wikipedia.org/wik…dex

2016 Rank estimates for 2015
16 UK
17 Japan
18 South Korea
19 Israel
20 Luxembourg
21 France
22 Belgium
23 FInland
24 Austria
25 Slovenia
26 Italy

32459175-1rCnX.jpg
They would be emigrants , till they get here, then they're immigrants.

the govt has reduced borrowing by £70bn , so thats good news ..
quote "Housing associations will be reclassified as private bodies allowing their £70bn debt to be removed from the government's balance sheet."
all it takes is a slip of the pen....
davewave30 m ago

Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world …Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world want to immigrate into the UK.Sadly look at the third world countries below UK, how awful it must be to live in Japan, France, Austria or Italy eh?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#Complete_list_of_countries2016 Rank estimates for 2015...16 UK17 Japan18 South Korea19 Israel20 Luxembourg21 France22 Belgium23 FInland24 Austria25 Slovenia26 Italy[Image]

What does the HDI have to do with growth? In any case, the latest HDI report was compiled using 2015 data.

The latest report was released on 21 March 2017 and compiled on the basis of estimates for 2015.
GwanGy17 m ago

They would be emigrants , till they get here, then they're immigrants.the …They would be emigrants , till they get here, then they're immigrants.the govt has reduced borrowing by £70bn , so thats good news ..quote "Housing associations will be reclassified as private bodies allowing their £70bn debt to be removed from the government's balance sheet."all it takes is a slip of the pen....

one would 'emigrate from' but I stated 'immigrate into'...sadly I couldn't give a fig about your pedantry.
PhoenixRising4 m ago

What does the HDI have to do with growth? In any case, the latest HDI …What does the HDI have to do with growth? In any case, the latest HDI report was compiled using 2015 data.The latest report was released on 21 March 2017 and compiled on the basis of estimates for 2015.

HDI is not about growth.
This post is not about growth
This post and HDI refer to living standards, read the title again.
You're welcome.
davewave3 m ago

HDI is not about growth.This post is not about growthThis post and HDI …HDI is not about growth.This post is not about growthThis post and HDI refer to living standards, read the title again.You're welcome.

Have you read the article or did you just read the title?

The article is pretty much all about growth. In any case, you didn't address my point about the 2017 HDI report being base on 2015 data. Brexit was in 2016 wasn't it?

You're welcome.
Since 1815!! davewave

I bet that warmed the old cockles eh...
PhoenixRising5 m ago

Have you read the article or did you just read the title?The article is …Have you read the article or did you just read the title?The article is pretty much all about growth. In any case, you didn't address my point about the 2017 HDI report being base on 2015 data. Brexit was in 2016 wasn't it?You're welcome.

the latest data available is 2016 on 2015 data.

Pray tell how many economists predicted the 2008 crisis?

This survey of opinions is questioning predicted growth contingent on predicted outcome of ongoing negotiation - so unlikely to be accurate - I predict.
It' rather strange, any conceivably bad economic news is because of Brexit. Yet, any good news is due to us still being in tbe EU.

Brexit is happening, and the majority of the UK say it can't come soon enough. Yet, all those with overseas connections fear others won' be allowed to join them here.

Role on health care charges for foreign nationals.

Role on National ID cards to ensure education is only accessible to those legally here.

Role on to only UK nationals being entitled to social housing, or any benefits to help pay their rent.

Role on Brexit.
I think you mean roll but that just sums Brexit up perfectly.
This thread has predictably turned into just a Wiki battle.

EDIT: clarification.
Edited by: "Uranus" 17th Nov 2017
Dilithium45 m ago

It' rather strange, any conceivably bad economic news is because of …It' rather strange, any conceivably bad economic news is because of Brexit. Yet, any good news is due to us still being in tbe EU.Brexit is happening, and the majority of the UK say it can't come soon enough. Yet, all those with overseas connections fear others won' be allowed to join them here.Role on health care charges for foreign nationals. Role on National ID cards to ensure education is only accessible to those legally here.Role on to only UK nationals being entitled to social housing, or any benefits to help pay their rent.Role on Brexit.

Roll*

Not usually a spelling policeman but that's pretty egregious.
The spelling Police are out in force.

I've probably just been corrected by a hard working immigrant, but that merely shows the quality of education you will soon miss out on.

Au revoir. Bon voyage. Arriverderci. Auf Wiedersehen. Good riddance.
The Euro Zone economies were blighted by the recession and lived on borrowed time before that. Finally improvements have come. Generations have been blighted by poor chances and ecomomics, a few good years wont change that.
Dilithium23 m ago

The spelling Police are out in force.I've probably just been corrected by …The spelling Police are out in force.I've probably just been corrected by a hard working immigrant, but that merely shows the quality of education you will soon miss out on.Au revoir. Bon voyage. Arriverderci. Auf Wiedersehen. Good riddance.

Or just someone that paid attention at school and doesn't blame all their failings on them johnny foreigners.

Even if it was an immigrant - you have just massively belittled yourself but then you probably do not realise that!
groenleader16 m ago

The Euro Zone economies were blighted by the recession and lived on …The Euro Zone economies were blighted by the recession and lived on borrowed time before that. Finally improvements have come. Generations have been blighted by poor chances and ecomomics, a few good years wont change that.

Exactly what's youth unemployment like in Spain, France, Italy, Greece... unbelievable that people think EU is paradise.
Towelie30 m ago

Or just someone that paid attention at school and doesn't blame all their …Or just someone that paid attention at school and doesn't blame all their failings on them johnny foreigners.Even if it was an immigrant - you have just massively belittled yourself but then you probably do not realise that!

Remainers must be getting really desperate if all they have left is to goad haha!

Somone please remind them of that date again, some time in March 2019 I believe?
Dilithium2 h, 41 m ago

Remainers must be getting really desperate if all they have left is to …Remainers must be getting really desperate if all they have left is to goad haha!Somone please remind them of that date again, some time in March 2019 I believe?

I think you are getting goading and being corrected a little confused.

Clocks go forward in March 2018, we don't need to wait until 2019.
Dilithium4 h, 2 m ago

The spelling Police are out in force.I've probably just been corrected by …The spelling Police are out in force.I've probably just been corrected by a hard working immigrant, but that merely shows the quality of education you will soon miss out on.Au revoir. Bon voyage. Arriverderci. Auf Wiedersehen. Good riddance.

Are you addressing me?
I'm British, as presumably you are. If our education system is so excellent what then can account for your poor English sir, plain stupidity?
davewave6 h, 0 m ago

Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world …Living standards in the UK are so low that people from around the world want to immigrate into the UK.Sadly look at the third world countries below UK, how awful it must be to live in Japan, France, Austria or Italy eh?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index#Complete_list_of_countries2016 Rank estimates for 2015...16 UK17 Japan18 South Korea19 Israel20 Luxembourg21 France22 Belgium23 FInland24 Austria25 Slovenia26 Italy[Image]

*did.
Cr0m8 m ago

Are you addressing me?I'm British, as presumably you are. If our education …Are you addressing me?I'm British, as presumably you are. If our education system is so excellent what then can account for your poor English sir, plain stupidity?

My spelling today has been shocking in general, it's Friday on a day off and I'm on a mobile.

Not sure if you've tasted alcohol but I'm happy to say it' going down well dear fellow.
Cr0m15 h, 35 m ago

Are you addressing me?I'm British, as presumably you are. If our education …Are you addressing me?I'm British, as presumably you are. If our education system is so excellent what then can account for your poor English sir, plain stupidity?

Dilithium15 h, 27 m ago

My spelling today has been shocking in general, it's Friday on a day off …My spelling today has been shocking in general, it's Friday on a day off and I'm on a mobile.Not sure if you've tasted alcohol but I'm happy to say it' going down well dear fellow.

Cr0m19 h, 55 m ago

Roll* Not usually a spelling policeman but that's pretty egregious.

Brexit came about because of enough of British are against the other British in generosity of sharing and in their compassion in words of kindness and deeds to each other. This means spelling(=point scoring in these Brexit threads, this time a petty example in the context as we know role is meant as roll),housing, wages and in a category of social justice called "bums on seats" in health centres, buses, hospitals,schools, housing queue, jobs.

A tool used by some of the British against the other British : the concept of undeserving classes of people or less deserving in value as a British citizen. By constraining much more of the fairer distribution of wealth, even when UK ranks highly in the GDP per capita index, meant that some British got much more wealth in the UK and beyond (EU) than the less deserving or undeserving. As shown partly by the Human Development Index is also quite high in the ranking table. So the question is why is there the concept of undeserving classes of people. The answer to this question explains partly why Brexit. As you may know, we just had Remebrance Day, in times of war and trouble, every man and woman had fairer share of "bums on seat" as service to the country and equally deserving of service from the country in return.

In summar for voters, there are two clubs offering two memberships, British membership and Euro membership, if a person gets enough of the real and perceived value out of the membership moving forward, he or she stays in irrespective of the nationality of the members in the clubs. By not sharing out the value of wealth and inherent problems created by the EU membership more fairly, British acting against each other, that's how the less loved voted to get out.
utter drivel, as always.
splender15 m ago

Brexit came about because of enough of British are against the other …Brexit came about because of enough of British are against the other British in generosity of sharing and in their compassion in words of kindness and deeds to each other. This means spelling(=point scoring in these Brexit threads, this time a petty example in the context as we know role is meant as roll),housing, wages and in a category of social justice called "bums on seats" in health centres, buses, hospitals,schools, housing queue, jobs.A tool used by some of the British against the other British : the concept of undeserving classes of people or less deserving in value as a British citizen. By constraining much more of the fairer distribution of wealth, even when UK ranks highly in the GDP per capita index, meant that some British got much more wealth in the UK and beyond (EU) than the less deserving or undeserving. As shown partly by the Human Development Index is also quite high in the ranking table. So the question is why is there the concept of undeserving classes of people. The answer to this question explains partly why Brexit. As you may know, we just had Remebrance Day, in times of war and trouble, every man and woman had fairer share of "bums on seat" as service to the country and equally deserving of service from the country in return.In summar for voters, there are two clubs offering two memberships, British membership and Euro membership, if a person gets enough of the real and perceived value out of the membership moving forward, he or she stays in irrespective of the nationality of the members in the clubs. By not sharing out the value of wealth and inherent problems created by the EU membership more fairly, British acting against each other, that's how the less loved voted to get out.

Human nature unfortunately imho born out of poor guidance as children, they always have too look down upon someone in order to reassure themselves of their own importance and position in their self created social hierarchy.

Where once it was the Romans, the scots, then saxons and Norse, then the French, Spanish, Catholics then blacks, then indians and Chinese, irish etc, overtime the figures of hate have changed, now in this multicultural world of many religion we have decided to pick on class.
Segata-Sanshiro57 m ago

Human nature unfortunately imho born out of poor guidance as children, …Human nature unfortunately imho born out of poor guidance as children, they always have too look down upon someone in order to reassure themselves of their own importance and position in their self created social hierarchy.Where once it was the Romans, the scots, then saxons and Norse, then the French, Spanish, Catholics then blacks, then indians and Chinese, irish etc, overtime the figures of hate have changed, now in this multicultural world of many religion we have decided to pick on class.

human equality and respect for the individual is always hard to strive for, as indeed for animals with advanced sensory and sentient perceptions; it takes some men and women here in MISC to:-

in the words of Martin Niemöller:".....................and I did not speak out, ....Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me."
I’ve given up with arguing with idiots but it’s nice to see some still trying to educate and inform.

I feel anyone different will still be blamed for people’s own failings but such is life.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions