Groups

Brexit - would you have voted differently?

Banned
    I doubt many people will have changed their minds, but will be interesting to see...

122 Comments

Nope. I voted out, I wanted change. Whether or not its a change for the better is irrelevant to me.

No way out out out

nope out means out

No what the **** do major & blair think we are thick hmmm...... yes by the looks of it bad move.

voted out, absolutely no reason to change my mind

I'd hazard a guess and say that the majority on HUKD want out and would still want out despite what we know now.

Pops

No. But I don't think anyone knows how to proceed with the leaving EU.

Original Poster Banned

Only just joined this site, but it looks like a lot of people support Brexit

Voted in because most people who voted out didn't know what they hated. Wish we stayed in as we are getting railed for prices. Thanks guys!

this thread needs to be moved to misc

Original Poster Banned

mattmerch

this thread needs to be moved to misc

How do I do that?

I voted to stay, I'd still vote to stay.

Grimmy322

Voted in because most people who voted out didn't know what they hated. … Voted in because most people who voted out didn't know what they hated. Wish we stayed in as we are getting railed for prices. Thanks guys!

Thanks for signing up to tell we did not know what we wanted is it tony or john ?

Of all the places to ask, I think HUKD will still want to be out no matter what happens.

StolenDiagram

Nope. I voted out, I wanted change. Whether or not its a change for the … Nope. I voted out, I wanted change. Whether or not its a change for the better is irrelevant to me.

What a ridiculous statement!

So you wanted change but not fussed about whether the change is positive or not, to the nation or even yourself?

Talk about a wasted vote from an uninformed voter.

cdm22

Of all the places to ask, I think HUKD will still want to be out no … Of all the places to ask, I think HUKD will still want to be out no matter what happens.

Why the consensus? Surely a vote for OUT goes against the ethos of this site? The sterling weakened by 15-20% so prices for anything imported goes up. Bad news for anyone looking for a bargain.

I think it's way too early to be asking this question. In five years time we will know which side really lied the most. I voted remain btw.

Wonder if the majority would still have voted Conservative back in 2010/2015 if they knew that the country would be on its knees in 2016/2017.

118luke

Wonder if the majority would still have voted Conservative back in … Wonder if the majority would still have voted Conservative back in 2010/2015 if they knew that the country would be on its knees in 2016/2017.

We are only struggling because of all of the money Labour borrowed that the Conservatives are trying to pay back. If Labour had got in again they clearly stated they would continue to borrow even more money so by now things would be 10 times worse.

118luke

Wonder if the majority would still have voted Conservative back in … Wonder if the majority would still have voted Conservative back in 2010/2015 if they knew that the country would be on its knees in 2016/2017.

Poor Tories, now they're at fault for exercising democracy....

Pops

Pleased we voted out and eventually the EU will cease to exist when the French and German people wake up and also decide to leave.

Out and would not change the vote!

I voted leave and have absolutely no regrets.

donaldduck2

We are only struggling because of all of the money Labour borrowed that … We are only struggling because of all of the money Labour borrowed that the Conservatives are trying to pay back. If Labour had got in again they clearly stated they would continue to borrow even more money so by now things would be 10 times worse.

We're struggling because we have a nation of thick people, who sit and watch television all night and don't stand up for a damn thing in their lives because we're all pathetic and weak minded, looking for our next fix of consumerism, alcohol or some other distraction.

Don't blame labour, blame yourself.

Voted out but not because I'm a racist Daily Mail BNP / UKIP supporter (to be clear, I'm none of those). I think it may hurt the country to begin with but our future generations (our children) will have more opportunities in this country (by that I mean with more investment in education, health care, professional jobs). Like with most big change, there will be trial and error and things will no doubtly go wrong however i think give it 10, 15, 20 years and we will look back and say its the right thing.

I'm all for immigration and appreciate and respect all walks of life regardless of faith and creed. With this debate, I know there will be some who will have racist thoughts in mind or say put the British first but let me just say - we have always had free education and one of the best globally - it has always been down to us whether or not we want to use it but some would rather not and then end up with no GCSEs, no ALEVELS and complain they can't find a job when it's pride that they don't take ANY job to get an income.

I voted stay and I still would and just wish more people had cos this country looks a joke with how leaving the EU is going so far

ritchiedrama

We're struggling because we have a nation of thick people, who sit and … We're struggling because we have a nation of thick people, who sit and watch television all night and don't stand up for a damn thing in their lives because we're all pathetic and weak minded, looking for our next fix of consumerism, alcohol or some other distraction.Don't blame labour, blame yourself.

Not my fault as i never voted for Labour and disagree with their money borrowing policy.

I live by Mr Micawber's financial recipe for happiness:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

ritchiedrama

We're struggling because we have a nation of thick people, who sit and … We're struggling because we have a nation of thick people, who sit and watch television all night and don't stand up for a damn thing in their lives because we're all pathetic and weak minded, looking for our next fix of consumerism, alcohol or some other distraction.Don't blame labour, blame yourself.

Best comment ever made on this site, bar none.

miducky

I voted stay and I still would and just wish more people had cos this … I voted stay and I still would and just wish more people had cos this country looks a joke with how leaving the EU is going so far

Problem was nobody believed we would vote to leave so there was no preparation made for Brexit hence why it has been a shambles but fear not Great Britain will once again be Great again.

Voted leave and still glad I did.

donaldduck2

Problem was nobody believed we would vote to leave so there was no … Problem was nobody believed we would vote to leave so there was no preparation made for Brexit hence why it has been a shambles but fear not Great Britain will once again be Great again.

Nobody accounted for the masses who thought 'OUT' meant 'CHANGE'. Didn't care if it was positive or negative and had absolutely no idea of short or long term impacts of leaving the EU. For clarity, that's not saying anybody who voted out is uninformed, far from it, but that is what swung the balance in favour of leaving.
    Edited by: "BMOLE" 28th Feb

voted out.. and would still vote out..

stay why change something thats is working

I voted out because The Sun told us readers too, I won't change my mind unless The Sun tells me too.

BMOLE

What a ridiculous statement! So you wanted change but not fussed about … What a ridiculous statement! So you wanted change but not fussed about whether the change is positive or not, to the nation or even yourself?Talk about a wasted vote from an uninformed voter.

​Um exactly what information were we given. Lots of ifs ,buts, maybes and scare stories. Not a lot of solid information though.

Schumarvel

​Um exactly what information were we given. Lots of ifs ,buts, maybes and … ​Um exactly what information were we given. Lots of ifs ,buts, maybes and scare stories. Not a lot of solid information though.

Who said either side gave accurate information or was even able to give accurate, hypothetical information?

Voting for change and not caring whether it's positive or negative defeats the point slightly, hence my comments about being uninformed.

I was torn between in and out, but eventually decided on out as there seemed so much scare mongering by the government and large corporations (and still is).

I believe staying in would have only been beneficial to the large corporations with lower wages from EU migration (mainly from Eastern Europe) and normal people will eventually benefit from it (will probably take a turn for the worse for 5 years or so, but will be better for my children when they leave school in 8 or so years).

Now just have to worry about them getting jobs with the new AI and robots.

StolenDiagram

Nope. I voted out, I wanted change. Whether or not its a change for the … Nope. I voted out, I wanted change. Whether or not its a change for the better is irrelevant to me.

Eh? What bizarre logic. Please elaborate.

donaldduck2

Not my fault as i never voted for Labour and disagree with their money … Not my fault as i never voted for Labour and disagree with their money borrowing policy. I live by Mr Micawber's financial recipe for happiness: "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Doesn't matter what you voted for, it doesn't make a difference. If you can't see the whole voting malarky as a distraction then you're screwed.

I've been alive for 30 years, my father 58, my grandmother 78 years.

All I have heard my whole life from them, and other people in the older generation is how they get screwed by the government, this can be seen now, in history, everywhere.

Until there is a COMPLETE change, there is no point even caring about it, you will always get the short straw they don't care about you, none of them do.

No, I don't have all the answers, no I don't know what a better "system" would be -- but what I do know is, it'd be arrogant, ignorant and stupid to believe there isn't a better system somewhere, that collectively we could come up with.

The only advice I can give to you is, literally as cliche as it is, be the change you want to see in the world. Blaming Labour, is not the answer, blaming Conversatives, or supporting either of the parties is not the answer it is all nonsense.

I don't expect many people to agree with me, and that's fine but the same people complaining for the last 70 years, are still complaining and we've had many different parties 'leading' the country in that time.

cdm22

Of all the places to ask, I think HUKD will still want to be out no … Of all the places to ask, I think HUKD will still want to be out no matter what happens.

Indeed. But that's probably reflected by their general intelligence or lack of.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64522
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133
      4. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***22

See more discussions