Groups

Brexiters Go to Iceland :p

No really

and Turkeys vote for Christmas (_;)

yougov.co.uk/new…et/

134 Comments

Original Poster

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvSaIWZWgAAfxSR.jpg:large

How can you not remember which way you voted in such an important referendum?

because I was drunk...same as every other day

RossD89

How can you not remember which way you voted in such an important … How can you not remember which way you voted in such an important referendum?

Original Poster

RossD89

How can you not remember which way you voted in such an important … How can you not remember which way you voted in such an important referendum?

glad you asked ross.... X)
    Is a major problem for pollsters and indeed people switching to the other side sans memory
    people forget (_;)

Quick, everyone act surprised at that table. X)

Well I tend to shop at Sainsburys, Waitrose and Coop and voted leave.

I do go to Asda now and again and pop into Tesco Express as its opposite work.

Don't shop in Iceland, Morrisons, Aldi or Lidl as they are not near me or I pass regularly.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well I tend to shop at Sainsburys, Waitrose and Coop and voted leave. I … Well I tend to shop at Sainsburys, Waitrose and Coop and voted leave. I do go to Asda now and again and pop into Tesco Express as its opposite work.Don't shop in Iceland, Morrisons, Aldi or Lidl as they are not near me or I pass regularly.

Well same here don't go to Iceland as they closed here years ago

thewongwing101

Well same here don't go to Iceland as they closed here years ago

We had a frozen shop (farm foods) that I used to pass going to visit my parents but they turned into Sainsburys Local.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

We had a frozen shop (farm foods) that I used to pass going to visit my … We had a frozen shop (farm foods) that I used to pass going to visit my parents but they turned into Sainsburys Local.

Getting a new shop here some say it will be a 'savers'
    but farm foods sound great
    no sainsbobs here even a local would be something

Do you have a link for a poll for how education affected someone's vote? Or one for income?

Original Poster

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Do you have a link for a poll for how education affected someone's vote? … Do you have a link for a poll for how education affected someone's vote? Or one for income?

No and the cricket highlights are just starting
    fairly obvious that it is low and low for leave however
    just look at the witney byelection last night for people who don't 'believe' in polls
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 21st Oct 2016

Always lie in surveys and polls anyway

Aww bless

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Do you have a link for a poll for how education affected someone's vote? … Do you have a link for a poll for how education affected someone's vote? Or one for income?

I don't have a degree and earn less than the avarage national salary and voted leave. Happy?

I use all of them except ocado and I didn't even vote .. Think I need therapy thanks to this poll .

GAVINLEWISHUKD

I don't have a degree and earn less than the avarage national salary and … I don't have a degree and earn less than the avarage national salary and voted leave. Happy?

I doubt it. Not until you are suitably patronised would HEAWD be happy, I imagine.

plodging

I use all of them except ocado and I didn't even vote .. Think I need … I use all of them except ocado and I didn't even vote .. Think I need therapy thanks to this poll .

Nah it just makes you a regular person that doesn't fall into a really funny attempt at stereotyping.

People currently doing well for themselves vote for the status quo and vice versa shocker!

GAVINLEWISHUKD

I don't have a degree and earn less than the avarage national salary and … I don't have a degree and earn less than the avarage national salary and voted leave. Happy?

Why are you taking it so personally? I'm not happy or sad knowing that, I'm simply interested in how demographics voted.

This is fairly basic research that is done in so many industries but when it comes to Brexit people get so upset if they think that economics or education played a factor in voting.

There are 24 UK Ocado Stores and There are 850 Iceland Stores also the vast majority of those Ocado's are very close to London,

Just sayin' like.

drasim

Nah it just makes you a regular person that doesn't fall into a really … Nah it just makes you a regular person that doesn't fall into a really funny attempt at stereotyping.

There's a difference between stereotyping and facts and figures.

What do you think of the so-called 'education divide' in voting that seems to be emerging? Isn't that a cause for concern?

haritori

There are 24 UK Ocado Stores and There are 850 Iceland Stores also the … There are 24 UK Ocado Stores and There are 850 Iceland Stores also the vast majority of those Ocado's are very close to London, Just sayin' like.

There are 350 Waitrose stores if you want a better comparison.

Just sayin' like.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

There's a difference between stereotyping and facts and figures.What do … There's a difference between stereotyping and facts and figures.What do you think of the so-called 'education divide' in voting that seems to be emerging? Isn't that a cause for concern?

Figures aren't facts in case of polls where small data samples can be manipulated, i.e. the petition made the day after the referendum wanting another referendum (mostly ineligible voters). In this case, sample data of approx 100,000 people have a higher probability of being factually incorrect.

The education divide is new to me as you are genuinely the only person i've noticed who's brought up a divide in income and education in all discussion and article related to the referendum.

Edited by: "drasim" 21st Oct 2016

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

There are 350 Waitrose stores if you want a better comparison. Just … There are 350 Waitrose stores if you want a better comparison. Just sayin' like.

Why are you taking it so personally?, I'm simply interested in how demographics voted.

This is fairly basic research that is done in so many industries but when it comes to Brexit people get so upset if they think that living down south and having more money factor in voting.

I am not surprised to see the supermarkets at the cheaper end of the market come out ahead as its those in the lower income jobs that have seen the most competition coming from wave after wave of uncontrolled immigration over the past few decades and seen their wages and earning potential slashed while those at the upper end of the pay scale have seen the price of the services they use falling due to the wages of the poorest stagnating.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Why are you taking it so personally? I'm not happy or sad knowing that, … Why are you taking it so personally? I'm not happy or sad knowing that, I'm simply interested in how demographics voted. This is fairly basic research that is done in so many industries but when it comes to Brexit people get so upset if they think that economics or education played a factor in voting.

My personal economics and also my education played no part in my vote if I am honest as I don't do bad in life ....What played a part in my vote is that I opened my eyes to my surroundings both visually and also statistically and decided that I didn't like the changes that were being forced upon me by staying in the EU
    O and also for your research i am from up norf so maybe less "culturised" ?
    Edited by: "livinthedream" 21st Oct 2016

DarkEnergy2012

they'll be sorry when the price of a king prawn ring flies up to more … they'll be sorry when the price of a king prawn ring flies up to more than they get in benefits

As long as hotdog pizza stays at £2, I'm sure most of Iceland customers don't care

Ohhh I love hotdog stuffed crust pizza.

If they bring back donner kebab pizza....

moneysavingkitten

As long as hotdog pizza stays at £2, I'm sure most of Iceland customers … As long as hotdog pizza stays at £2, I'm sure most of Iceland customers don't care :)Ohhh I love hotdog stuffed crust pizza.If they bring back donner kebab pizza....

They need to bring back the hot+sour soup as well , bloody loved that with a couple of spoons of lazy co chopped chillies in it !

Original Poster

haritori

There are 24 UK Ocado Stores and There are 850 Iceland Stores also the … There are 24 UK Ocado Stores and There are 850 Iceland Stores also the vast majority of those Ocado's are very close to London, Just sayin' like.

haritori

I don't know exactly how YouGov conducted this survey tbh
    however they are a very well respected market research company
    with a huge online 'panel' this is just a very very small part of what they do
    and has just been highlighted as a bit of fun/advertising

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

As long as hotdog pizza stays at £2, I'm sure most of Iceland customers … As long as hotdog pizza stays at £2, I'm sure most of Iceland customers don't care :)Ohhh I love hotdog stuffed crust pizza.If they bring back donner kebab pizza....

TBH never appreciated Iceland when we had one

thewongwing101

I don't know exactly how YouGov conducted this survey tbhhowever they are … I don't know exactly how YouGov conducted this survey tbhhowever they are a very well respected market research company with a huge online 'panel' this is just a very very small part of what they doand has just been highlighted as a bit of fun/advertising

Sorry Wongy I wasnt trying to condescend your thread, I know it was a bit of fun I was just playing with our resident troll.

I like iceland, esp when they used to sell Dracula lollies, I like abit of Cola Ice Lolly.

Original Poster

haritori

Sorry Wongy I wasnt trying to condescend your thread, I know it was a bit … Sorry Wongy I wasnt trying to condescend your thread, I know it was a bit of fun I was just playing with our resident troll.I like iceland, esp when they used to sell Dracula lollies, I like abit of Cola Ice Lolly.

The thing that gets me is.....
    people moan about 'pollsters' but then what are they doing on a shopping website then ?
    this is important these are the people who largely decide what will be thrown in your face
    as the latest thing to buy
    #rantover

drasim

Figures aren't facts in case of polls where small data samples can be … Figures aren't facts in case of polls where small data samples can be manipulated, i.e. the petition made the day after the referendum wanting another referendum (mostly ineligible voters). In this case, sample data of approx 100,000 people have a higher probability of being factually incorrect. The education divide is new to me as you are genuinely the only person i've noticed who's brought up a divide in income and education in all discussion and article related to the referendum.

That's fair enough. If you haven't taken much of an interest in the way voting went then that's fine, but look at the figures for postgraduate voters and voters without a degree if you're interested.

Or just look at the areas that voted remain and see if there's anything interesting.

of course the irony is, we'll all be shopping at iceland pretty soon, bitter little shoppers.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Reckon you won't be shopping at Sainsbury's and Waitrose next year. oO

I also heard Iceland has the largest percentage of women that like '50 shades of grey', mainly because they spank themselves as the leave the shop

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

That's fair enough. If you haven't taken much of an interest in the way … That's fair enough. If you haven't taken much of an interest in the way voting went then that's fine, but look at the figures for postgraduate voters and voters without a degree if you're interested.Or just look at the areas that voted remain and see if there's anything interesting.

I like how you initially request poll data showing education background of voters and then go on to suggest you already have the data. The thing is, you also know that there isn't an overwhelming majority of degree holders who voted remain.

all the remoaners saying there will be no jobs and look someone employing people to do pointless surveys. happy days.

thewongwing101

The thing that gets me is.....people moan about 'pollsters' but then what … The thing that gets me is.....people moan about 'pollsters' but then what are they doing on a shopping website then ?this is important these are the people who largely decide what will be thrown in your faceas the latest thing to buy #rantover

Im not sure how to reply? I honestly wasnt getting at you or the poll.

Original Poster

haritori

Im not sure how to reply? I honestly wasnt getting at you or the poll.

Sorry have a go on the l;eek
    https://media.giphy.com/media/d1eN71s1fpJ7i/giphy.gif
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 21st Oct 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944487
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767269
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047112
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32452

See more discussions