Expired

Bricked wii or hardware fault...help please

2 replies
Found 6th Sep 2009
Hi, I've got a softmodded wii and the other day after installing a few wad files my wii won't turn on. What i want to know is have i bricked it or is there a hardware issue because my wii doesn't connect to the tv at all no black screen just a blue screen that says AV No signal. Most of the info i've seen said there will be a black screen after. Has anyone else had the same problem? Thanks for any help.

1. Misc
  2. Wii
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Wii
2 Comments

Do a hard reset unplug power lead and push power button a few times to drain the voltage left in the console when it doesn't have any life plug it back in and attempt to turn it on,

When you soft modded it are you sure you did it right? as there should be nothing that bricks it once its been modded it sounds to me like its latched up as there was something a bit off with the wad file i had my sisters latch when i tried to run an iffy game after flashing and after a couple of hard resets it fired up it had the exact issue that you describe with just a blue screen.

Original Poster

polly69;6224151

Do a hard reset unplug power lead and push power button a few times to … Do a hard reset unplug power lead and push power button a few times to drain the voltage left in the console when it doesn't have any life plug it back in and attempt to turn it on,When you soft modded it are you sure you did it right? as there should be nothing that bricks it once its been modded it sounds to me like its latched up as there was something a bit off with the wad file i had my sisters latch when i tried to run an iffy game after flashing and after a couple of hard resets it fired up it had the exact issue that you describe with just a blue screen.

Hi, Thanks for your help.....i'll give that a try....rep left :thumbsup:

I did the softmod right but tried to install some ios wads to get a new game to run and then it died.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition71781
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions