Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 3rd Jan 2022
Anyone vouch for this site? Can't seem to find any reviews etc.

Bricksdirect.co.uk

I know, I know.....if you have to ask, steer clear. but just wondered.

thanks
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
New Comment
6 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Had a quick look as they are selling the Singapore Architecture for £40 but charging nearly £12 postage.
  2. Avatar
    Author
    JimboParrot03/01/2022 16:41

Had a quick look as they are selling the Singapore Architecture for £40 …Had a quick look as they are selling the Singapore Architecture for £40 but charging nearly £12 postage.

Yeah it's the 20% off new mario stuff that's luring me. Even with the postage, it's good when buying the lot.
  3. Avatar
    I can't vouch for it but something about it feels very off, I wouldn't personally risk it (especially with the fact it's a Dutch company, it doesn't say where they're shipping from so you may be liable for fees).
  4. Avatar
    Author
    Jocques03/01/2022 17:49

I can't vouch for it but something about it feels very off, I wouldn't …I can't vouch for it but something about it feels very off, I wouldn't personally risk it (especially with the fact it's a Dutch company, it doesn't say where they're shipping from so you may be liable for fees).

Fair point there. The £40 saving based on £200 spend couldn't be wiped by fees.
  5. Avatar
    I’ve just looked at the payment method AVOID!
    46604211-4G7E2.jpg
  6. Avatar
    Toptrumpet03/01/2022 18:12

I’ve just looked at the payment method AVOID![Image]

Payment methods are stated to include CC & PP and if those options are available at checkout then the implied major drama of bank transfer is of zero concern.

The dot co dot uk website is directly linked from the dot nl site and so is as credible as the dot nl site that has comments posted at a dull TP page.

The dot co dot uk site's company name & contact details are same as stated at Amazon Marketplace seller webpage which has 5 years of Amazon Marketplace trading history and recent good ratings.

Summary:
    site appears to be administered by the company stated within it with no indication that the site has been hijacked;
    no payment method issues if CC and/or PP are included in the range of payment methods available at checkout;
    expect to pay import VAT, plus import admin fee if import VAT is not pre-paid;
    option of Amazon marketplace purchase from company quoting same contact details, although pricing may be different
    via Amazon.
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…4QU
Post a comment