Bridgestone Run Flat Tyre quotes - Help !!

16 replies
Found 7th Aug 2016
Could someone please help me find a cheap quote for a new run flat tyre for my Mercedes GLA200. Fitted with Bridgestone at the moment, which costs around 114 pounds at halfords for a new tyre.

Should I go for a used one. Suggestions needed guys ?

Heres the number plate EX65LFZ. This should say it all !!

16 Comments

If you post the model and size and then we can find the best price for what you need.

Post your size.

The recommends are to buy in pairs, and this isn't just tyre sale pressure, it really is important.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

If you post the model and size and then we can find the best price for … If you post the model and size and then we can find the best price for what you need.

Thanks for your reply.
Updated the post with vehicle number plate. Its a GLA 200.

Original Poster

Robj1

Post your size.The recommends are to buy in pairs, and this isn't just … Post your size.The recommends are to buy in pairs, and this isn't just tyre sale pressure, it really is important.

Thanks for your reply.
Updated the post with vehicle number plate. Its a GLA 200

£114 for the original tyres is a good price. About £109 is the cheapest I can find non fitted.

Cheapest comparable one I can find are here. Plus fitting at probably £10 you might as well go to Halfords.

Oponeo have Yokohama's @81 unfitted. oponeo.co.uk/tyr…-mo
I have used Oponeo a couple of times, they are based in Germany but customer service is excellent with perfect English spoken.

Original Poster

Could a puncture be repaired on run flat tires?

Original Poster

Bump

silentshouts

Yes ive had runflat tyres repaired but obviously depends where the puncture is.
Some places refuse to fix them so you might need to shop around.

silentshouts

​Yes, depending on the location of the puncture. Its also not a patch or plug, you need it to be re-vulcanised. The repair garage will need to send the tyre away to do this.

A friend has had this done, cost £20 if I remember correctly, and the garage lent a tyre during the week repair time.

silentshouts

in theory yes - but the recomemdation from all tyre manufacturers is no!

Have you ever seen a RFT that has been removed - it is very easy to damage the tyre getting it off the rim and the concept of RFT is extremely stiff sidewalls

Also always fit the same brand / variant of tyre on the same axle - and if the one being replaced is well worn consider replacing both on the same axle - this will help with wear and also tyre pressure monitoring

TBH - if thte price is £114 fitted that is a good price - my BMW tyres are normally minimum £150 per corner

EliTom

Original Poster

Robj1

​Yes, depending on the location of the puncture. Its also not a patch or p … ​Yes, depending on the location of the puncture. Its also not a patch or plug, you need it to be re-vulcanised. The repair garage will need to send the tyre away to do this. A friend has had this done, cost £20 if I remember correctly, and the garage lent a tyre during the week repair time.

Could you suggest a garage that could do the repairs for me (ie.Halfords, Kwikfit etc)

silentshouts

Could you suggest a garage that could do the repairs for me (ie.Halfords, … Could you suggest a garage that could do the repairs for me (ie.Halfords, Kwikfit etc)

think very carefully about a repair .... any damage to teh sidewall during removal will significantly compromise the tyre .... and if the fitting station damage the tyre will the tell you ? ..

EliTom

silentshouts

Could you suggest a garage that could do the repairs for me (ie.Halfords, … Could you suggest a garage that could do the repairs for me (ie.Halfords, Kwikfit etc)

Do NOT repair a runflat tyre. As said before all the tyre companies tell you not to for safety they are not designed to be repaired

Tyre is your main contact with the road is it really worth a blow out at 90mph to save a few quid. Reputable garages wont repair a runflat for you anyway

Bridgestone and Michelin both state there RFT's can be repaired.

eTyres and ATS Euromaster do run flat repairs I believe.

Robj1

Bridgestone and Michelin both state there RFT's can be repaired. eTyres … Bridgestone and Michelin both state there RFT's can be repaired. eTyres and ATS Euromaster do run flat repairs I believe.

official line here

etyres.co.uk/run…es/

BUT ...... this is subject to many conditions ..... and also if the tyre can be got off the rim easily without damage ..... not always easy

I had a Bridgestone replaced on my BMW last week and the tyre fitter totally wrecked the tyre getting it to come of the rim

EliTom
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    2. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11
    3. Urgent help needed with travel agent56
    4. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22

See more discussions