Misc
45 Comments
Work there everyday, it's alright
Never been. Too south.
Creatishh26th Jul

Work there everyday, it's alright

May I ask where? Brighton my home
deleted79467
good for a day out from london quite often go to ford market/car boot on a Saturday then head over to brighton
Niixxxy8 m ago

May I ask where? Brighton my home

near the level
Creatishh26th Jul

near the level

Not the best of parks haha...
Good for a night out, awful place to live. Used to live just down the coast road, hated Brighton.
cmdr_elito21 m ago

Good for a night out, awful place to live. Used to live just down the …Good for a night out, awful place to live. Used to live just down the coast road, hated Brighton.

Why is it an awful place to live? I love living here...
Niixxxy27 m ago

Have you lived there long? I live 5 miles away and have done all my life but only been once in last 10 years. Serious drugs and violence issues and filthy outside the main tourist areas..It was the drug death capital of the UK for 10 years in a row finally losing that infamous title last year. £100k for a beach hut.

Brighton Council is completely inept. The hospital is terrible. London prices for food and drink without the comfort and luxury. £16 for 4 hours parking. Polluted and gridlocked traffic (thanks to the green party) . Exorbitant bus prices (£3.50 to go a mile one way). Southern rail. I could go on....

The trouble now is that most of the locals seem to be moving out into my local area with house prices tripling in 10 years,

Its great for a day out but I wouldn't venture out at night on my own.
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Jul
Niixxxy19 m ago

Too much crime, parking is exceptionally expensive, shops are too expensive (except Poundland and some of those budget ones found in all towns), too busy, full of pollution and traffic.
chocci12 m ago

Have you lived there long? I live 5 miles away and have done all my life …Have you lived there long? I live 5 miles away and have done all my life but only been once in last 10 years. Serious drugs and violence issues and filthy outside the main tourist areas..It was the drug death capital of the UK for 10 years in a row finally losing that infamous title last year. £100k for a beach hut. Brighton Council is completely inept. The hospital is terrible. London prices for food and drink without the comfort and luxury. £16 for 4 hours parking. Polluted and gridlocked traffic (thanks to the green party) . Exorbitant bus prices (£3.50 to go a mile one way). Southern rail. I could go on....The trouble now is that most of the locals seem to be moving out into my local area with house prices tripling in 10 years,

Yeah Ive lived here for 14 years. I completely agree with you Brighton is seriously loosing its appeal for a lot of people, I remember when my son was in Junior school one of the mum’s said she was moving away from Brighton, I asked her why & she replied because Brighton is dirty!!
Where I live is not so bad (near Preston Park) & fortunately we have a car so going into Brighton town centre is something we do not do & we tend to avoid the beach etc & go elsewhere.
Niixxxy3 m ago

Yeah Ive lived here for 14 years. I completely agree with you Brighton is …Yeah Ive lived here for 14 years. I completely agree with you Brighton is seriously loosing its appeal for a lot of people, I remember when my son was in Junior school one of the mum’s said she was moving away from Brighton, I asked her why & she replied because Brighton is dirty!! Where I live is not so bad (near Preston Park) & fortunately we have a car so going into Brighton town centre is something we do not do & we tend to avoid the beach etc & go elsewhere.

Preston Park is indeed, much nicer. Although, if you dont go into the town centre or go to the beach, then you don't really know Brighton
Edited by: "chocci" 26th Jul
chocci3 m ago

Preston Park is indeed, much nicer. Although, if you dont go into the town …Preston Park is indeed, much nicer. Although, if you dont go into the town centre or go to the beach, then you don't really know Brighton

Haha I do know Brighton I see it all believe me.
Oh and Brighton is basically London in sea with all the bad people from London moving there.
cmdr_elito4 m ago

Oh and Brighton is basically London in sea with all the bad people from …Oh and Brighton is basically London in sea with all the bad people from London moving there.

Bad people??
Niixxxy5 m ago

Bad people??

Drug gangs for starters. A lot of customers in Brighton
Fantastic place !
Niixxxy1 h, 47 m ago

For sure, beggars can't be choosers, 10 mins walk to beach at lunch
Niixxxy1 h, 33 m ago

Bad people??

Drug dealers, kids with knives, moped gangs. The whole southeast has effectively become the cheap option for Londoners.
Niixxxy2 h, 55 m ago

So true, thats what puts me off going there
Don't know about living there, but as coach driver I love taking people there. I particularly like the pride weekend. Real carnival atmosphere, though I do get the feeling that the capacity for violence is there, simmering under the surface. I didn't find the food particularly expensive there either.
Grew up there but moved away, too busy for my liking

However, it does have my favourite burger place (burger brothers)
Edited by: "delusion" 27th Jul
Never been to Brighton, New Brighton however is quite a nice place.
cmdr_elito26th Jul

Too much crime, parking is exceptionally expensive, shops are too …Too much crime, parking is exceptionally expensive, shops are too expensive (except Poundland and some of those budget ones found in all towns), too busy, full of pollution and traffic.

I have to agree and so many better beaches on the south coast.
I grew up in Hove.
Edited by: "david_wavid" 27th Jul
Shocked to read some of the comments on here! Never been to Brighton but always heard it was a city of peace and love dominated by hippies...

34509827-SsgpU.jpg
No
Wongy11015 m ago

no train station ?

Grade two star listed one I believe.why bother going all that way for grade two star when Huddersfield is grade one?
psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

Grade two star listed one I believe.why bother going all that way for …Grade two star listed one I believe.why bother going all that way for grade two star when Huddersfield is grade one?

Ours is only grade 2 as well
every day's a school day.
Wongy11010 m ago

Ours is only grade 2 as well every day's a school day.

My son got a book about them for christmaz
mrty7 h, 54 m ago

Don't know about living there, but as coach driver I love taking people …Don't know about living there, but as coach driver I love taking people there. I particularly like the pride weekend. Real carnival atmosphere, though I do get the feeling that the capacity for violence is there, simmering under the surface. I didn't find the food particularly expensive there either.

True, The Pride weekend is something else . I live right near the park where it all happens, the sights Ive seen . Actually its next weekend this year!!
cmdr_elito19 h, 0 m ago

Drug dealers, kids with knives, moped gangs. The whole southeast has …Drug dealers, kids with knives, moped gangs. The whole southeast has effectively become the cheap option for Londoners.

cmdr_elito20 h, 37 m ago

Oh and Brighton is basically London in sea with all the bad people from …Oh and Brighton is basically London in sea with all the bad people from London moving there.

Some stupid uneducated comments from you in this thread
Edited by: "waterloo" 27th Jul
waterloo56 m ago

Some stupid uneducated comments from you in this thread

Brighton is on the top end of the legal limit for pollution - source WHO report

Some parts of Brighton are so deprived they are worse than areas of London - evening Argus

Crime - roughly 3,000 offences a month so 36,000 a year which based on the last population census means that 13% of the population in this area will be a victim of some kind of crime per year meaning within 7 years of living there you will be a victim of crime. That stat is pretty high.

Parking - regency square 4 hours = £10 where I live another city (similar population) 24 hours = £6

If you want to see any more statistics google is your friend. Plenty out there and you don’t need to be that well educated to read and understand what’s going on.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Jul
cmdr_elito9 m ago

Brighton is on the top end of the legal limit for pollution - source WHO …Brighton is on the top end of the legal limit for pollution - source WHO reportSome parts of Brighton are so deprived they are worse than areas of London - evening Argus Crime - roughly 3,000 offences a month so 36,000 a year which based on the last population census means that 13% of the population in this area will be a victim of some kind of crime per year meaning within 7 years of living there you will be a victim of crime. That stat is pretty high.If you want to see any more statistics google is your friend. Plenty out there and you don’t need to be that well educated to read and understand what’s going on.

You talk about stats, but you conveniently forgot to add the statistics on what i quoteted you on not the rubbish you have replied with
waterloo19 m ago

You talk about stats, but you conveniently forgot to add the statistics … You talk about stats, but you conveniently forgot to add the statistics on what i quoteted you on not the rubbish you have replied with

34511855.jpg

34511855.jpg

That represents roughly 2% influx of Londoners per year into the Brighton and Hove area. It’s been going on for at least 10 years or more so ex Londoners make up about 20% of the population or 1 in 5.

Anyway I’m bored now of proving you wrong got better things to do. I guess the only thing to say is educated people must live in a bubble not looking at the world around them, either that or they stay in their high rise luxury apartment in Brighton too afraid to face the world, hopefully it’s not cladded.....
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 27th Jul
cmdr_elito22 m ago

[Image] [Image] That represents roughly 2% influx of Londoners per year …[Image] [Image] That represents roughly 2% influx of Londoners per year into the Brighton and Hove area. It’s been going on for at least 10 years or more so ex Londoners make up about 20% of the population or 1 in 5.Anyway I’m bored now of proving you wrong got better things to do. I guess the only thing to say is educated people must live in a bubble not looking at the world around them, either that or they stay in their high rise luxury apartment in Brighton too afraid to face the world, hopefully it’s not cladded.....

Still nothing to back up what you said, why bother you are just digging yourself a bigger hole give it a rest it's embarrassing.
Edited by: "waterloo" 27th Jul
cmdr_elito12 m ago

[Image] [Image] That represents roughly 2% influx of Londoners per year …[Image] [Image] That represents roughly 2% influx of Londoners per year into the Brighton and Hove area. It’s been going on for at least 10 years or more so ex Londoners make up about 20% of the population or 1 in 5.Anyway I’m bored now of proving you wrong got better things to do. I guess the only thing to say is educated people must live in a bubble not looking at the world around them, either that or they stay in their high rise luxury apartment in Brighton too afraid to face the world, hopefully it’s not cladded.....

Where do you live??
cmdr_elito3 h, 21 m ago

Brighton is on the top end of the legal limit for pollution - source WHO …Brighton is on the top end of the legal limit for pollution - source WHO reportSome parts of Brighton are so deprived they are worse than areas of London - evening Argus Crime - roughly 3,000 offences a month so 36,000 a year which based on the last population census means that 13% of the population in this area will be a victim of some kind of crime per year meaning within 7 years of living there you will be a victim of crime. That stat is pretty high.Parking - regency square 4 hours = £10 where I live another city (similar population) 24 hours = £6 If you want to see any more statistics google is your friend. Plenty out there and you don’t need to be that well educated to read and understand what’s going on.

Are you sure you are not getting Brighton mixed up with The Bronx They vote for the Green party in Brighton and can imagine they are a very eco-friendly city.

34513575-Aytbw.jpg
Worked in Portslade for a couple of years. Quite like it down that way.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants