Brighton Marina free parking

Found 25th Sep 2012
Anyone know Brighton well?

I plan to visit Brighton on Sunday and I understand that you get up to 4 hours free parking at the multi storey car park at Brighton Marina.

Does it restrict you to a no return policy? As I want to move around once and come back.
Community Updates
24 Comments
I'd assume there must be a return policy otherwise there wouldn't be a 4 hour limit as people would just move there car to another space

brightonmarina.co.uk/abo…spx
You would have to leave the car park then return not just move space ! I would think
It's quite a walk from anywhere that you would want to visit....don't think it's worth saving a few quid and waisting so much of your day.
Depends on where in Brighton you wish to visit. Assuming it's the town centre and beach area, you may find that it is cheaper to park on the outskirts and get a bus in (check the local operator's website for details on which buses run at regular times on the day you wish to go, Saturday or Sunday). Parking at places like right next to the Brighton Centre are silly expensive, £25 for a 4 hour plus stay.

If however, you wanted to go to the Marina, then use the four hours in the multi, move to the three hours in Asda, then back again until home time.
Oh, I'm going to add as well, a local Asda in Hollingbury (just along the A27 from Brighton) normally has the cheapest petrol going in the area. Someone may know somewhere cheaper but that's what I've found, so that could save you a few a pounds too.
moose109

Depends on where in Brighton you wish to visit. Assuming it's the town … Depends on where in Brighton you wish to visit. Assuming it's the town centre and beach area, you may find that it is cheaper to park on the outskirts and get a bus in (check the local operator's website for details on which buses run at regular times on the day you wish to go, Saturday or Sunday). Parking at places like right next to the Brighton Centre are silly expensive, £25 for a 4 hour plus stay.If however, you wanted to go to the Marina, then use the four hours in the multi, move to the three hours in Asda, then back again until home time.

we want to visit the marina and then go down to the pier. how do you move to asda?

cheers for the asda petrol, will definately be using that.
renown

You would have to leave the car park then return not just move space ! I … You would have to leave the car park then return not just move space ! I would think

yes will be doing this as we will drive down to the pier and then back.
mutley1

we want to visit the marina and then go down to the pier. how do you … we want to visit the marina and then go down to the pier. how do you move to asda?cheers for the asda petrol, will definately be using that.

So marina will be cheap, pier not so with parking.

With Asda, I'm guessing you'll be using M23/A23? If so, head one junction along towards Lewes and it is literally just off that, look it up on Google Maps so you see what I mean.
mutley1

we want to visit the marina and then go down to the pier. how do you move … we want to visit the marina and then go down to the pier. how do you move to asda?cheers for the asda petrol, will definately be using that.

Surely the price of petrol at the pumps in Brighton is only relevant to that area as prices vary by region
moose109

So marina will be cheap, pier not so with parking.With Asda, I'm guessing … So marina will be cheap, pier not so with parking.With Asda, I'm guessing you'll be using M23/A23? If so, head one junction along towards Lewes and it is literally just off that, look it up on Google Maps so you see what I mean.

no, i mean move to asda which in the marina to get the 3 hours parking. i can find the other asda as i got a satnav.
slamdunkin

Surely the price of petrol at the pumps in Brighton is only relevant to … Surely the price of petrol at the pumps in Brighton is only relevant to that area as prices vary by region

true to a certain extent but prices around the south east don't vary much. you have to go up north before you notice the big differential so for us, the asda one would be the cheapest. asda is always cheaper for petrol.
so what are you doing at brighton marina? Its a long way from any of brightons tourist attractions. you'll have to use a car park anyway near the pier!
Edited by: "csiman" 25th Sep 2012
csiman

so what are you doing at brighton marina? Its a long way from any of … so what are you doing at brighton marina? Its a long way from any of brightons tourist attractions. you'll have to use a car park anyway near the pier!

bit complicated to explain but we want to have a family meal at pizza hut at the marina before moving on to the pier. we'll only be in brighton for 4-5 hours. we may use the waitrose car park at the pier which give free parking for customers but these tend to be time limited to 2 hours.
mutley1

bit complicated to explain but we want to have a family meal at pizza hut … bit complicated to explain but we want to have a family meal at pizza hut at the marina before moving on to the pier. we'll only be in brighton for 4-5 hours. we may use the waitrose car park at the pier which give free parking for customers but these tend to be time limited to 2 hours.

there is a pizza hut in central brighton

http://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/find-a-hut/map-info.aspx?storeid=428&d=0.0

parking is £6 for 4 hours nearby right in the centre by west st / pier / promenade

en.parkopedia.co.uk/par…n1/
Park in Morrison's, I hear you can park there all day, no one takes a blind bit of notice. X)
I hope you get better weather than last weekend. Did you see the state of the weather last weekend on the news.
Park in lewes road area, (find Halfords, B&Q on satnav) plenty of streets to park off lewes road, take 20 min stroll to pier or any bus to old steine, buy return ticket for old Volks railway, runs from pier to marina. Or 1 mile walk. Sorted.
WoolyM

I hope you get better weather than last weekend. Did you see the state of … I hope you get better weather than last weekend. Did you see the state of the weather last weekend on the news.

we were in margate on saturday and it was really sunny and warm so it wasn't all bad last weekend. this weekend it is supposed to be really nice in brighton, hence the proposed trip.
greg_68

Park in Morrison's, I hear you can park there all day, no one takes a … Park in Morrison's, I hear you can park there all day, no one takes a blind bit of notice. X)

don't want to risk this as some people have been done for parking too long in supermarket carparks. would definately spoil a nice family day out for us.
MalcolmTucker

Park in lewes road area, (find Halfords, B&Q on satnav) plenty of streets … Park in lewes road area, (find Halfords, B&Q on satnav) plenty of streets to park off lewes road, take 20 min stroll to pier or any bus to old steine, buy return ticket for old Volks railway, runs from pier to marina. Or 1 mile walk. Sorted.

bus / volks railway for a family would work out more than £6 that the car park charges though
mutley1

no, i mean move to asda which in the marina to get the 3 hours parking. … no, i mean move to asda which in the marina to get the 3 hours parking. i can find the other asda as i got a satnav.

Here is the link for the Marina Asda
And here is the link for the Hollingbury Asda

I didn't know the Marina one does petrol now and both are listing their petrol at 135.7p, which is pretty decent for the area. I live a bit up the A23 and the cheapest here is 138.9p, so it really does make a difference for me filling up when I go down that way to see a friend etc.
moose109

Here is the link for the Marina AsdaAnd here is the link for the … Here is the link for the Marina AsdaAnd here is the link for the Hollingbury AsdaI didn't know the Marina one does petrol now and both are listing their petrol at 135.7p, which is pretty decent for the area. I live a bit up the A23 and the cheapest here is 138.9p, so it really does make a difference for me filling up when I go down that way to see a friend etc.

cheers mate, that is really kind of you.
definately filling up on the petrol, it's 138.9p around my way as well so will be saving 2p a litre which is not bad as we are there anyway.
Parking down marine drive isn't too expensive, depending on what time of year you go, can't remember. Plus its free after 6pm.

I was there about 2 weeks ago, parked in the hospital at £4.50 for 6 hours, it's a little walk into town but i don't mind walking through kemp town as it has nice shops.
Edited by: "Badders256" 26th Sep 2012
You can not park a transit van in the car park at the marina had to use asda as van was to high for the barriers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions