Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Brillant alarm protects van or car and sends warning text

Posted 20th Nov 2021
A friend had his Van broken into and over 5 grand of tools stollen. My car had all the contents stollen despite the factory car alarm going off. This system you can install your self and no monthly subscription, just top up with a £10 sim or your own sim and free app on your phone will send you a text if someone tries your doors.
vanolarm.co.uk/pro…rm/
From£99.95 to £163.75 plus sim card
Vanolarm
The Simple, Self Installed, Smart Van Alarm System that protects Vans, Tools & livelihoods.
You insurance company may also offer you discount in premium with this fitted
Community Updates
Permanent Offers
New Comment
Top comments
I fancy sweet bread / cake all of a sudden
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Nov 2021
13 Comments
  1. Avatar
    I fancy sweet bread / cake all of a sudden
    Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Nov 2021
  2. Avatar
    richp20/11/2021 16:58

Not keen on it myself 🤢

Someone's stollen your taste buds?
  3. Avatar
    Gollywood20/11/2021 16:59

Someone's stollen your taste buds?

Hopefully someone's stolen the stollen
  4. Avatar
    My car factory installed alarm sends me notifications every time a door is opened or the boot.

Texts can take up to 15 minutes to come and rely on the vehicle being parked where there is signal. They often have jamming devices in their vehicle which they park close by to which jams phones and gps. My mate bought a jammer on eBay for £10 and it does work!

Good idea but far from perfect, these people are usually in and out in minutes. Really not sure what you are going to do if you get a message as they will be tooled up and will be a group of them usually when robbing vans aside from watch them.
    Edited by: "deleted2402824" 20th Nov 2021
  5. Avatar
    The Simple, Self Installed, Smart Van Alarm System that protects Vans, Tools & livelihoods. - erm, no, no it doesn't provide any protection - all it does is send you a text message when trigged. Don't leave valuables in an unattended vehicle...

I recall back in the day after what must have been the 3rd break in we parked in an underground "secure" garage. It was a Ford Fiesta, parked between a Jag & a Porsche - plenty of other high value cars in there. They smashed the little triangular window (that apparently costs more to replace than the actual moving bit of glass in the door!) They stole mix tapes (gives you a clue to how long ago it was) and left the signed Beautiful South tape (lol). I would argue that there was nothing of any "retail" value, but still they broke into a secure garage and into our car to steal items from the closed glove box. I guess they thought there was something of value in the car - otherwise why risk it and ignore all the other the other cars? I have no idea how me receiving a text message would have "saved" my "valuables". Also I very much doubt anyone in Northern Ireland would see any insurance discount.
  6. Avatar
    This 'discussion' sounds like a self promotion advert.
  7. Avatar
    PaulandPam20/11/2021 18:57

This 'discussion' sounds like a self promotion advert.

OP wants his cake and eat it too
  8. Avatar
    Knew a guy that had van done and figured they come back for his new tools and they did.
    Fitted siren in the back that went off one Friday evening and when he ran out to find two bandits stood looking at him tooled up. What could he do? Watch them go and phoned police but they were never caught.
    Edited by: "wayners" 20th Nov 2021
  9. Avatar
    Author
    This system includes a tracker. You set a perimeter area, and if your vehicle goes outside that area you can track your vehicle.
    The friend I refer to is a builder, he has to carry the tools with him in his van to the site/ job.

If you are on the neighbourhood site "next door", in the London areas of "next door " you will see every day people posting that their car was broken into or their £80,000 Range Rover has been stolen off the drive. Often with ring camera footage of the theft.

If someone touches your vehicle and the noddy piezo alarm goes off it will make the burglar think twice. In the meantime the text will alert you to look out in the street and ring the Police. Or in my case chase after them.

A couple of days after my car was robbed in the same street a van was targeted, though no signs of entry the owner disturbed the thief and he ran off dropping his mobile phone. I came out as the Police arrived and they took rhe phone in evidence and went searching for him. I have not heard if they caught the guy..

If anyone knows of a better alarm/tracker/ phone notifier please post?
  10. Avatar
    Proveright21/11/2021 00:41

This system includes a tracker. You set a perimeter area, and if your …This system includes a tracker. You set a perimeter area, and if your vehicle goes outside that area you can track your vehicle. The friend I refer to is a builder, he has to carry the tools with him in his van to the site/ job. If you are on the neighbourhood site "next door", in the London areas of "next door " you will see every day people posting that their car was broken into or their £80,000 Range Rover has been stolen off the drive. Often with ring camera footage of the theft. If someone touches your vehicle and the noddy piezo alarm goes off it will make the burglar think twice. In the meantime the text will alert you to look out in the street and ring the Police. Or in my case chase after them. A couple of days after my car was robbed in the same street a van was targeted, though no signs of entry the owner disturbed the thief and he ran off dropping his mobile phone. I came out as the Police arrived and they took rhe phone in evidence and went searching for him. I have not heard if they caught the guy.. If anyone knows of a better alarm/tracker/ phone notifier please post?

Just watch the video on this news article, pay attention to where this is happening and how many people are around then tell me anyone is really going to care about an alarm….. news.sky.com/video/video-thieves-use-angle-grinder-to-steal-bicycle-from-outside-shopping-centre-12465215

Even when they are caught they are just cautioned and let go.
    Edited by: "deleted2402824" 21st Nov 2021
  11. Avatar
    Could fit a powerful strobe, plus a fog machine like they use in jewellers to the alarm so thieves couldn't see what they were nicking. Plus, a wire cage inside the van to protect the tools rigged up to an electric fence energiser, but safely isolated from the bodywork so no passers by could get a shock, would likely be legal providing there was signage.

This fog machine looks a bit weedy:-

I saw a neat idea in an electronics magazine, back in the day when a car locks were a complete joke and an immobiliser was just a hidden switch to disable the ignition. It was a circuit that monitored the RPM and made the engine misfire and cut out, so a thief would think he was trying to nick a crate and hopefully abandon it , rather than searching for the hidden immobiliser switch.
    Edited by: "melted" 21st Nov 2021
  12. Avatar
    melted21/11/2021 19:33

Could fit a powerful strobe, plus a fog machine like they use in jewellers …Could fit a powerful strobe, plus a fog machine like they use in jewellers to the alarm so thieves couldn't see what they were nicking. Plus, a wire cage inside the van to protect the tools rigged up to an electric fence energiser, but safely isolated from the bodywork so no passers by could get a shock, would likely be legal providing there was signage.This fog machine looks a bit weedy:- [Video] I saw a neat idea in an electronics magazine, back in the day when a car locks were a complete joke and an immobiliser was just a hidden switch to disable the ignition. It was a circuit that monitored the RPM and made the engine misfire and cut out, so a thief would think he was trying to nick a crate and hopefully abandon it , rather than searching for the hidden immobiliser switch.

A lot don’t steal the vehicles they just use battery powered angle grinders to cut their way in and transfer the tools into another waiting vehicle
Post a comment
Top Merchants