Bringing items out of the UK and VAT

Posted 28th Nov
So I am going out of the EU this coming Christmas period and am going to buy some stuff on black friday/cyber monday and bring it with me as gifts. I was wondering if I am able to claim back the VAT paid or something similar along that line. Any help will be appreciated.
Community Updates
Misc
5 Comments
Where do you live and where are the goods being purchased?

If you live in the UK and buying in the UK then no you can't.
Live in the UK and buying abroad you might be able to, check the terms of that country.
Live abroad and buying in the UK, yes you can.
It is only working if you leave the EU for more than 12 month or have a foreign (non-EU) passport as proof.
On the assumption you live in UK: no. But you may be able to if you:
visit the UK but live outside the EU and are going back home
are an EU resident leaving the EU for 12 months or more
are a non-EU resident but work or study in the UK and are leaving the EU for 12 months or more
or are a business registered outside EU.
There is a freephone hotline to assist you considering implementing any loopholes to the above: 0800 788 887, otherwise more info at:
gov.uk/tax…ing
gov.uk/gui…-uk
jon81uk28/11/2019 14:23

Where do you live and where are the goods being purchased?If you live in …Where do you live and where are the goods being purchased?If you live in the UK and buying in the UK then no you can't.Live in the UK and buying abroad you might be able to, check the terms of that country.Live abroad and buying in the UK, yes you can.

I'm from Singapore here doing my uni, going back over the Christmas break and wondering if I can claim vat for black Friday purchases for myself and my friends.
unfoly28/11/2019 15:09

I'm from Singapore here doing my uni, going back over the Christmas break …I'm from Singapore here doing my uni, going back over the Christmas break and wondering if I can claim vat for black Friday purchases for myself and my friends.

As Andy said above, you need to be leaving the UK for 12 months or more then. If you come back after Christmas then it doesn't count for tax free shopping gov.uk/tax…ing
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions