BRITISH AIRWAYS/VIRGIN ATLANTIC TICKET - GET PARTIAL REFUND FROM AUG 04 - MARCH 06

Found 6th Jul 2008
airpassengerrefund.co.uk/

WELCOME TO THE INFORMATION SITE FOR THE BRITISH AIRWAYS AND VIRGIN ATLANTIC AIR PASSENGER REFUND SETTLEMENT
------------

IF YOU BOUGHT A TICKET ON BRITISH AIRWAYS OR VIRGIN ATLANTIC AIRWAYS IN THE U.S. OR IN THE U.K. BETWEEN 11 AUGUST 2004 AND 23 MARCH 2006, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A PARTIAL REFUND OF THE FUEL SURCHARGE.
The refund applies to tickets on long-haul flights. The purchase must have been made in the United States or in the United Kingdom. Long-haul flights include all Virgin Atlantic flights and most British Airways flights between the U.K. and non-E.U. destinations, including flights to and from the United States. A complete list of qualifying flights on British Airways can be found by clicking the tab to the left entitled Important Documents and clicking the List of Qualifying Long-Haul British Airways Flights. All Flights on Virgin Atlantic qualify as long-haul flights.

CALL FREE PHONE 0800 043 0343

22 Comments

Banned

Flown both in that timeframe. Whats it all about? Illegal over charging?

Above post wasnt there when I replied!!!

A proposed Settlement has been reached in a class action about fuel surcharges paid by passengers of British Airways Plc (“BA”) and Virgin Atlantic Airways, Ltd. (“Virgin Atlantic”). The lawsuit claims that BA and Virgin Atlantic unlawfully conspired to fix prices of fuel surcharges imposed on “long-haul” passenger fares. Long-haul flights include most flights between the U.K. and non-E.U. destinations, including flights to and from the United States. All flights on Virgin Atlantic qualify as long-haul.
The two companies being sued are BA and Virgin Atlantic. The Settlement resolves the claims of United Kingdom Classes and United States Classes. In the U.K., it requires the companies to refund up to £73,531,076 to members of the U.K. Settlement Classes who submit valid claim forms. In the U.K., BA and Virgin Atlantic will keep refunds that are unclaimed. In the U.S., it requires the companies to refund up to $59,007,273 to U.S. Class Members who submit valid claim forms. In the U.S., unclaimed funds will be donated to a charity, Miracle Flights for Kids.

Claiming a refund is straightforward, and there is no cost to you. You may file a claim online by clicking the Submit Your Claim Online tab to the left. If you have any questions, please review the questions and answers provided in the Frequently Asked Questions section of this website.
This is the official Settlement Site operated by the Settlement Administrator. All claims will be handled by the Settlement Administrator. Please do not contact the airlines directly about this Settlement. All questions should be directed to the Settlement Administrator in one of the following ways:

i don't mind they can keep my refund and give it to charity
(unclaimed funds will be donated to a charity, Miracle Flights for Kids.)

Original Poster

you maybe entitled to £4 - £20 per passenger - big half page ad in sunday paper:thumbsup:

Great, thank you. Rep for info.

Original Poster

what pzzles me off is that ba /virgin - here and usof a have all of our details who have flown - corporate as well
so why cant they go through their records - a simple click on comp - send us all a cheque

they say they will pay non claimed into charity - really nice gesture - i am sooo critical of this move -
tesco have a promotion on they will donate 0.0000000000000003p or the like to charity for people using their cash machine - small print underneath says minimum they will donate is £33000 - they have already set their marker -
rant over:oops:

i know where you are coming from holly, but something, is better than nothing, right?:thumbsup:

Original Poster

charlie2;2468755

i know where you are coming from holly, but something, is better than … i know where you are coming from holly, but something, is better than nothing, right?:thumbsup:

see your point but the richard branson alone could wipe out world poverty - find a malaria cure so 100000s of kiddies shouldnt die (there nearly there!!) etc etc

if the richest 1% gave 1% of their wealth - we would live in a perfect world ....:thinking:

i know its crazy with the amount of money some people have, they couldn't possibly spend it in there life time, yet too greedy to help others.

I will claim the money and donate to charity myself, if anyone does the same i know a great charity that started this year and is desperate for donations.

which one is that dmissy13?

[url]www.iih.org.uk[/url] not that much there yet we only launched in May.

Sorry to bump an old thread but didn't see the need to start a new one.

Just had the papers through from submitting my details through the website. It states that only US claimants will have their funds gifted to charity if they don't apply for the refund ...in the UK BA will keep all refunds which aren't claimed!! £73.5M!!

Banned

I flew Virgin to the US (x 4 tickets) in March 2006. Havent a clue of the dates, but have a feeling it was later than the 23rd!

guv;2732173

I flew Virgin to the US (x 4 tickets) in March 2006. Havent a clue of the … I flew Virgin to the US (x 4 tickets) in March 2006. Havent a clue of the dates, but have a feeling it was later than the 23rd!

The dates you flew don't matter..It's when you purchased the tickets as that's when you would be charged for the fuel duty.

Banned

Postcard;2732409

The dates you flew don't matter..It's when you purchased the tickets as … The dates you flew don't matter..It's when you purchased the tickets as that's when you would be charged for the fuel duty.

Oooh. OK thanks.

Funnily enough (thanks to our postman who appears to be illiterate!) we received in error something that appears to be from such an application.

Its from

Air Passenger Fuel Surcharge Settlement
Kenneth R Feinberg Esq
Settlement Adminstrator
c/o eqiq systems
PO box 62677
London EC2P 2UB

Need to get it back in the postbox to get to the correct person. Not sure if it is connected, but may well be.

guv;2732820

Oooh. OK thanks.Funnily enough (thanks to our postman who appears to be … Oooh. OK thanks.Funnily enough (thanks to our postman who appears to be illiterate!) we received in error something that appears to be from such an application. Its fromAir Passenger Fuel Surcharge SettlementKenneth R Feinberg EsqSettlement Adminstratorc/o eqiq systemsPO box 62677London EC2P 2UBNeed to get it back in the postbox to get to the correct person. Not sure if it is connected, but may well be.

Indeed it is. He's the chap dealing with UK claims. The info they send through the post is the same as what's available on their website. i.e claim form and list of valid flights.

Banned

Postcard;2733241

Indeed it is. He's the chap dealing with UK claims. The info they send … Indeed it is. He's the chap dealing with UK claims. The info they send through the post is the same as what's available on their website. i.e claim form and list of valid flights.

Ive already written a suitable comment on the envelope for the postman! If only he could read properly!

At least it shows they are dealing with the claims!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I got a nice cheque for £40.24 as a result of this in the post this morning.

am from st.lucia and use to travel from london to st.lucia every dec. i need to know how to go ahead and do so and how much would i get

Strong 2 year bump is strong

So I got a card thru door to submit claims by end of Dec 2012, I thought I already did send in a claim form, so did it online again, quite easy to do....You all get your refunds? I have been to San Fran twice.......
Post a comment
@
    Text