Expired

British gas alternatives?

Found 31st Dec 2011
Just wondering if British gas is still the best offer out there or are there cheaper alternatives gas and electricity?

Please let me hear your experience about this.
I was thinking about changing but I'm not sure how easy and reliable this is, and how much you really save at the end.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Just use one of the comparison sites, and yes, you could save hundreds a year.

Check out this website for the lowdown:

moneysavingexpert.com/uti…ity

What's cheaper for my postcode may not be cheaper for your postcode.. probably applies to all suppliers.

Original Poster

Thats very helpful for a start

Ellie Phant

What's cheaper for my postcode may not be cheaper for your postcode.. … What's cheaper for my postcode may not be cheaper for your postcode.. probably applies to all suppliers.

Thats very helpful for a start

I am saving £240 ish by keeping with the same company but on a different tarriff.......... check yours out, you may be surprised. they don't normally advertise the fact they have better rates especially if you do online billing and paperless.

It's not only the cheapest tarif to think about .................it's also customer service ...........and BG fails miserably on customer service and so do other companys . I changed from Northern Electric to Scottish Power a few years back and they have been excellent in every way.

ive just switched form rip off BritGas to NPower. did it when their £100 shopping voucher offer was on, as well as getting £30 cash back (coupla weeks ago) BritGas seem to have had their prices rocket in recent months and NPower offered a fix tarrif at a better rate than BG

If you're on British Gas's standard tariff, then you'll definitely save something. Even if it's just switching to a cheaper British Gas tariff.

I looked for the cheapest company using uSwitch, then went to the company's site and signed up (went through Topcashback and got £90). nPower was cheapest for me.

Original Poster

I'm serious.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions