British Gas Dual: Collective Fix December 2016 dodge.

11 replies
Found 5th Oct 2016
Anyone having this collective tariff from The MSE site last December will not receive their warm home grant until several weeks after their deal ends(mid / late December 16.
It seems to me that it is timed to force customers to stay with British Gas for another year or not receive their £140 government grant. I spent 80 minutes on the phone to them without a resolution that will not cost me money & preventing me from changing energy suppliers.
Any know a BIG stick I can hit them over the head with please.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

I thought the collective tariff was with British Gas anyway?
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

each company has its own time to add the money to the bills, that's just when BG add theirs, make sure you change to BG cheapest tariff while you wait. You can also change your gas and leave your electric with them as the money is only paid into the electric account. If you switch again make sure the new company is part of the scheme as not all are.

Original Poster

I want to change supplier but if I do so before at least 3 weeks after my 12 month contract ends I will not receive the payment.
It it a trap to try to prevent customers switching (which I do most years).

Original Poster

chimp14uk

I thought the collective tariff was with British Gas anyway?I'm not sure … I thought the collective tariff was with British Gas anyway?I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Yes it is .

landros1

I want to change supplier but if I do so before at least 3 weeks after my … I want to change supplier but if I do so before at least 3 weeks after my 12 month contract ends I will not receive the payment.It it a trap to try to prevent customers switching (which I do most years).

Then as I said ask BG to move you to their cheapest tariff, with no exit fee, leave your ekectric with them and take out gas elsewhere, for us, my mother it's cheaper anyway not to have duel fuel and the move your electric once it's been paid.

Original Poster

eslick

each company has its own time to add the money to the bills, that's just … each company has its own time to add the money to the bills, that's just when BG add theirs, make sure you change to BG cheapest tariff while you wait. You can also change your gas and leave your electric with them as the money is only paid into the electric account. If you switch again make sure the new company is part of the scheme as not all are.

They suggested that change to their standard tariff which is penalty free which is £25 month more expensive.
I can now see why they score so badly on customer care.

Original Poster

eslick

Then as I said ask BG to move you to their cheapest tariff, with no exit … Then as I said ask BG to move you to their cheapest tariff, with no exit fee, leave your ekectric with them and take out gas elsewhere, for us, my mother it's cheaper anyway not to have duel fuel and the move your electric once it's been paid.

I do not think I will qualify for my duel fuel cashback if I do not port both.

landros1

I do not think I will qualify for my duel fuel cashback if I do not port … I do not think I will qualify for my duel fuel cashback if I do not port both.

Check money saving experts site, the cash back is split for each transfer, on quidco you normally get one cash back for one transfer and more for two. Did my mothers the other week, having gas with a saves £150 with electric with b £10 but duel it's only £110 then got £15 for each switch.

Original Poster

eslick

Check money saving experts site, the cash back is split for each … Check money saving experts site, the cash back is split for each transfer, on quidco you normally get one cash back for one transfer and more for two. Did my mothers the other week, having gas with a saves 170.15€ (£150) with electric with b 11.34€ (£10) but duel it's only 124.78€ (£110) then got 17.02€ (£15) for each switch.

I applied for the warm home discount in August.I can not see why they cannot pay it out before late December unless it is because there is money in it for them.

landros1

I applied for the warm home discount in August.I can not see why they … I applied for the warm home discount in August.I can not see why they cannot pay it out before late December unless it is because there is money in it for them.

Because the companies get the money at different time, relation got it in November with one company, February with another.

Original Poster

Small wonder most people feel it is to much trouble to move off a standard tariff even though it saves £100s.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73802
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!66
    4. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11

See more discussions