British Gas email

Posted 26th Mar
Check out this email from British Gas.

"Hello
We need to ask for your help so we can be there for our most vulnerable customers and look after our employees during the current coronavirus outbreak.

So for now, we can only help with prepay meter issues or emergencies (e.g. no heating or hot water).

Please don't contact us about anything else

If you do, we've asked our customer service advisers to politely explain that we can't help right now. We wouldn't normally do this, but we need to make sure our customer service advisers and engineers are there for those in the greatest need. We really hope you'll understand.

Of course, you can still find answers to questions and manage your account through our website or app.

And for all the latest updates keep checking our Covid-19 FAQs.Read our coronavirus FAQs

Thanks for understanding,
Your British Gas team"

So if you were planning on contacting them to say you can't pay your bill, they have now authorised you not to bother.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

8 Comments
Every cloud, eh Gav.
tryn2help26/03/2020 23:03

Every cloud, eh Gav.

I'm not even with them anymore. They are just too useless to take me off the database. I can't even tell them now!

Just thought it might be useful to someone who was struggling to decide which bills to pay and which to not.
Does that mean people can’t call to leave them either
Well I have been waiting since the 9th December 2019 (15 weeks) for SSE to register my new gas meter.

Looks like it's going to be a while longer.

Useless, useless, useless 😡
ChelseaRae27/03/2020 02:30

Does that mean people can’t call to leave them either

You wouldnt call BG to leave them, you leave by contacting the new supplier. But yes in times like this, switching provider should not be a priority. Lines need to be clear to help those most at risk. like off supply.
SmokinAce727/03/2020 09:13

You wouldnt call BG to leave them, you leave by contacting the new …You wouldnt call BG to leave them, you leave by contacting the new supplier. But yes in times like this, switching provider should not be a priority. Lines need to be clear to help those most at risk. like off supply.

Not with BG and not wanting to leave them personally but whilst I agree with what you’re saying in regard to priority I was coming from the view that it’s the kind of chore many people now have the time on their hands to do that perhaps they’ve been putting off and in any case I don’t see that BG (or many other suppliers) would turn down new custom should someone call to switch.
ChelseaRae27/03/2020 09:19

Not with BG and not wanting to leave them personally but whilst I agree …Not with BG and not wanting to leave them personally but whilst I agree with what you’re saying in regard to priority I was coming from the view that it’s the kind of chore many people now have the time on their hands to do that perhaps they’ve been putting off and in any case I don’t see that BG (or many other suppliers) would turn down new custom should someone call to switch.

BG has closed their sales lines so yes they would turn down new custom. The only lines open right now is for PAYG. Everything else can be done online.
SmokinAce727/03/2020 09:23

BG has closed their sales lines so yes they would turn down new custom. …BG has closed their sales lines so yes they would turn down new custom. The only lines open right now is for PAYG. Everything else can be done online.

I stand corrected but glad to hear they genuinely are prioritising their services 👏🏼
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants