Expired

British gas homecare 400 alternative

Found 5th Aug 2013
Hi guys , been quoted £457.50 for my next years renewal of home care 400 ( includes central heating - plumbing and drains- also all electrical wiring and fixtures ) do you guys know of any good alternatives, its bloody £37.68 a month. A bit excessive if you ask me. Every penny is a prisoner . thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
i worked for bgas ask for a continuarion discount of being a loyal customer to them...helps if u have duel fuel also...also if not shop around
amazingbob123

i worked for bgas ask for a continuarion discount of being a loyal … i worked for bgas ask for a continuarion discount of being a loyal customer to them...helps if u have duel fuel also...also if not shop around

I've got dual fuel with them , but their engineers aren't always great and I've had to call them out more than once for the same problem - but it goes down as multiple call outs.
I know this gives peace of mind but ignoring the boiler system are your paying £300 a year on the rest of it and getting them out to do the work each year or are you just paying out each year just in case?
I am paying about £160 a year which covers a service each year and a max charge of £50 per repair. Over the last 5 years I have only had one repair to the boiler system which was a £200 part + labour at yes £50.
Assuming no bad luck and a fairly modern house would it be more cost effective to insure the boiler, which this contract is, stash the rest away to cover the other cost?

You're better to put the money away in a savings account each month then paying a local plumber to do the work when it needs doing. This way you're keeping it local and not lining the pockets of the massive corporations. Over 3 years, this is costing you over £1200 and I know very few people who need to spend that in 10 years.
go to swinton home emergancy cover £6.99 full cover
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants