Groups

British Gas in 10% gas price cut

British Gas has announced it will reduce its standard tariff gas prices by 10% from 19 February.
    It said the move would benefit more than 7.5 million homes and cut £84 from the average annual gas bill.

Celebration Time !!

petrol price rising

Council tax expected to rise 5%

15 Comments

"from 19 February"

What year

I think we all deserve better!

Original Poster

Predikuesi;4148428

"from 19 February"What year :)I think we all deserve better!

predictions for a heatwave on feb 19th - :-D - we wish

About time too!!

Thanks for info

because that time the summer will start and people will not be using much gas but they will have ripped of all the money from customers in winter bills

british gas

workers
    distributors
    customers

no need for fat cats in boardrooms = cheaper fuel

Banned

bloody standard tariff, what about the rest of us, or was our gas purchased from a different barrel

sassie;4149114

bloody standard tariff, what about the rest of us, or was our gas … bloody standard tariff, what about the rest of us, or was our gas purchased from a different barrel

I expect they'll follow in time, maybe for the start of summer??

I bet there are some people who will give meter readings as if they've hardly used any gas, then at the end of summer give the proper readings and pay the lower price!

Original Poster

Benjimoron;4149208

I bet there are some people who will give meter readings as if they've … I bet there are some people who will give meter readings as if they've hardly used any gas, then at the end of summer give the proper readings and pay the lower price!

great idea - thanks benj:thumbsup:

holly100;4149390

I'm not saying do it, just some people might!

The sort of people who would turn away the people who come to read the meter as they keep on having people read the meter and once a year is enough.

holly100;4149390

lol

Those sort of people who might do that should of course remember that they'll probably gat a larger bill than expected in the summer so should be puting a reasonable amount away for it. As long as they're paying a regular direct debit it should be ok. I think as long as the payments for what they use are calculated at the newer rate by submitting a low reading at the change over time they should be ok!

It will go back up 30% in April

Benjimoron;4149208

I bet there are some people who will give meter readings as if they've … I bet there are some people who will give meter readings as if they've hardly used any gas, then at the end of summer give the proper readings and pay the lower price!

And while there may be some peeps that do that cant trust British Gas anyway even if they read the meter. Ive known them to send an estmated bill higher than the reading they took many times. :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1227
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions