British gas increase

Found 1st Aug 2017
should the UK boycott british gas and is there a Facebook page of support

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

Impossible. Centrica (British Gas's parent company) is a gas wholesalers.

But from a pure customer point of view nobody should be using BG (unless you have no choice) as they have not been competitive for many years.

No point in a FB group vote with your feet, well direct debit.

they were the cheapest for me last year,obviously after increase will have to reconsider after looking at other options

Leccy whole sale price is DOWN and they put their retail price UP!

About time to we all stop paying the water, leccy and gas bills. They cant cut us all off its time to stop profit on basic human services in 2017!

Pointless, the other suppliers will all announce equally exorbitant price rises over the next few months too.

Im with sainsburys energy who are british gas.Until 4 months ago they were the cheapest.As i need a supplier that does warm home discount.
Now £85 a year more.Not good.
I am changing from my fixed deal to their standard tarrif today and switching to Eon tomorrow.
This means I dont get hit with exit fees.Eon £75.00 saving over 12 months and £30.00 topcashback for using uswitch.

Got a collective fix from BG via Martin Lewis/MSE - they have very good service and as far as I am aware they froze their prices when others were putting theirs up a while back - the increase has been due.

Shopping around for Gas and Elec is just a mundane part of modern life, sometimes the big guys are cheaper sometimes more expensive.

Why not just vote with your feet and go elsewhere. British Gas is not forcing anyone to take out their products?

Personally i know our old generation like British gas and BT so they won't move.

What's the point of boycotting a supplier, just keep switching to the cheapest tariff you can get regardless of supplier.

I'm paying my current suppliers 9.4p + 5% vat per kw/h for electricity and 2.005 +vat per kw/h for gas, but I'm about to switch as otherwise I get automatically moved to their expensive standard rate tariffs next month when the contract ends.

Best rates I could find in my area were Iresa 10.812p per kw/h + vat (day rate) for electricity, and 2.468p INC vat per kw/h for gas with SSE (energy helpline deal).
Edited by: "melted" 2nd Aug 2017

GAVINLEWISHUKD22 h, 5 m ago

Impossible. Centrica (British Gas's parent company) is a gas …Impossible. Centrica (British Gas's parent company) is a gas wholesalers.But from a pure customer point of view nobody should be using BG (unless you have no choice) as they have not been competitive for many years.No point in a FB group vote with your feet, well direct debit.

Nobody is, or ever was, using BG for supply of gas.

Ooooo the power of social media? And in the real world no one gives a toss about online campaigns petitions etc etc becauee next week there will be another bandwagon for the keyboard warriors to jump on.
Post a comment
@
    Text