British Gas is to increase energy bills...

Found 10th Apr
Assume this is the start, usually one supplier increases prices then others follow suit..

British Gas is to increase energy bills for dual fuel customers on its standard variable tariff by an average of 5.5 per cent, or £60 a year, hitting 4.1 million households. The rise will take effect from the end of May.

Source

Also don't forget E:ON is scrapping various discounts on April 19th
Community Updates
Top comments
Think they mean increasing directors pay, profits and dividends
14 Comments
People should just move it's really not that difficult. I've moved 5 times in the 3 years i've owned a house and now get 100% renewable electicity for a fraction of what BG charge(or any other company on a standard tarriff)
Go for a low, fixed term content with no exit fees... Whatever happens with prices you are happy when you start so no need to complain...
ccnp58 m ago

Well,they have to heat their homes.
AW007927 m ago

Well,they have to heat their homes.

i no for pay as go, it's gone from 26p standing charge too 30p and rest tarrif increased by penny or so, i tried to go monthly but after there trying to change my mind and i said still go ahead, failed the credit check, only credit check i failed. and since i been with smart meters i sure it going quicker but then that's probably just the higher prices,.

my luxury in life are low cost but because essential bills seem to be hight cost.
I like Gas, can't see why it would be expected to rise in cost.
Anyone with British Gas should move they are one of the dearest around. I’m in a large 3 bed and only pay £53 a month if I was with bf it would be £120 a month. It’s legal robbery.
Scotland131447 m ago

Anyone with British Gas should move they are one of the dearest around. …Anyone with British Gas should move they are one of the dearest around. I’m in a large 3 bed and only pay £53 a month if I was with bf it would be £120 a month. It’s legal robbery.

who you with? that sounds ultra cheap
Scotland1314 wrote:
Anyone with British Gas should move they are one of the dearest around. I’m in a large 3 bed and only pay £53 a month if I was with bf it would be £120 a month. It’s legal robbery.

who you with? that sounds ultra cheap

I’m with Bristol energy. I’m due to look for new supplier as my year contract is up at end of month
British Gas is and always will be expensive, customers can now rest assured that they will receive the most expensive gas available to their homes following the price increase. Remember it’s not just any gas it’s British Gas (sourced from the Russian federation)
Yeah but what ppl are forgetting is the quality of the product, don't forget you get what you pay for.
BG have vast experience in this field and will provide the best gas available.
Joey.Bloggsy7 m ago

Yeah but what ppl are forgetting is the quality of the product, don't …Yeah but what ppl are forgetting is the quality of the product, don't forget you get what you pay for. BG have vast experience in this field and will provide the best gas available.

Only the best for the flamethrower.

33615895-vGnTb.jpg
I just switched to British Gas last month All Online Mar 2019 as they were the cheapest big 6 deal.
This is a fixed tariff.
Need a big six due to warm home discount.
In my aera one select is the best deal £102.16 a year cheaper. Poor reviews.
Outfox the market have better reviews so would use them @ £76.89 cheaper.
you dont actually need to switch if thats the part that frightens people... just get off standard variable tariffs and enter into a contract...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants