British Gas tariff question?

6 replies
Found 7th Apr 2009
Hia,

Just done a uswitch search & I'm on click click energy 4 duel fuel but websaver 2 duel fuel is coming up cheaper.

Is there any reason why it's bad to swap or do I just call them and ask to move tarif?

Cheers,
worto.

6 Comments

Original Poster

just call them

heh - will do - I just don't like to trust them too much - sometimes they try to move people from old tariffs by offering what looks like a better deal on a new tariff but they only look better for a few months then they goto pot.

thanks.

they wont call you and offer.. they want you on the more expensive tariff lol

find out how long you are tied to being on that option if at all.

its maddening to keep changing over but i think you do save more that way

Wait!! don't call......Try quidco or another cashback site first and do the deal over the internet. You may get ajuicy bonus:)

Original Poster

they wont call you and offer.. they want you on the more expensive tariff … they wont call you and offer.. they want you on the more expensive tariff lol

yeah I know thats why I want to try and work it out myself before I call them but they have so many tariffs I think I need to call them to work it out - just worried that they'll sign me up to whatever is best for them instead of me! I'm pretty sure I'm not tied into anything at the mo.

Wait!! don't call......Try quidco or another cashback site first and do … Wait!! don't call......Try quidco or another cashback site first and do the deal over the internet. You may get ajuicy bonus

I don't think I can get anything from this as I'll just be moving tariff and not actually changing supplier?

I could do with staying with BG for the next few months until I've got my boiler replaced as I have homecare with them and it's pretty knackered - I don't think anyone else will cover it in it's current state!

Banned

worto03;4854823

yeah I know thats why I want to try and work it out myself before I call … yeah I know thats why I want to try and work it out myself before I call them but they have so many tariffs I think I need to call them to work it out - just worried that they'll sign me up to whatever is best for them instead of me! I'm pretty sure I'm not tied into anything at the mo.I don't think I can get anything from this as I'll just be moving tariff and not actually changing supplier?I could do with staying with BG for the next few months until I've got my boiler replaced as I have homecare with them and it's pretty knackered - I don't think anyone else will cover it in it's current state!

you boiler cover has nothing to do with being a BG customer, also you do know if your boiler is over 7 yrs old it wont be replaced ( think its 7 yrs)

Original Poster

you boiler cover has nothing to do with being a BG customer, also you do … you boiler cover has nothing to do with being a BG customer, also you do know if your boiler is over 7 yrs old it wont be replaced ( think its 7 yrs)

thanks for the reply, I get cheaper homecare if I stay with BG as a customer so it's worth staying with them until I get it replaced. I know I can move provider & keep the homecare but it'll go up then. The boiler is around 12 years old we think so they won't replace it but do keep coming out every few weeks to give it a good kicking and replace a few random parts until it starts working for a few weeks again!

They quoted me £4000 to replace it so I kindly told them to shove it I'm currently trying to find someone I can trust to do it for around £2000. At least the old thing got me through one last winter!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?32
    2. Driving anxiety.1517
    3. Xbox Newbie34
    4. private number44

See more discussions