Groups

British Gas Winter Rebate

I am trying to find a link to the winter rebate team so i can register and apply to have some discounts for my gas bill as i have recieved a bill of £300. i know they operate only for some months during the year but which??

these are only for people on benefits..

14 Comments

I've never heard of it,whose eligible ?

Banned

are you confusing this with the £300 pensioners get towards there heating

Original Poster

sassie;4050894

are you confusing this with the £300 pensioners get towards there heating

no winter rebate are for those on benefits

never heard of it i know pensioners get it but didnt know anyone else could?

Banned

danib;4050927

no winter rebate are for those on benefits

well im with british gas and never heard of it, their is a special tariff for people on benfuts called essentials tariff, but be careful as the price maybe slightly cheaper but you get charged more at the 1st rate, so check your workings out 1st, and i know last time i checked it was only only the gas or elec that was cheaper not both

Banned

i remember now, you mean the two payments of something like £30, i think they stopped this last year

Original Poster

sassie;4051011

i remember now, i think they stopped this last year didnt they, you mean … i remember now, i think they stopped this last year didnt they, you mean the two payments of something like £30

yes that s right. is this something they do every year i thought?

Banned

danib;4051083

yes that s right. is this something they do every year i thought?

no they finished with it, they never did it this year

all I have found from a google search is this website warmfront.co.uk/ind…htm which may help people on certain benefits to insulate etc.

not sure if the 2 payments still runs as the chap across the road got 60 pounds from a rebate but he isnt sure where

Banned

linw;4051423

not sure if the 2 payments still runs as the chap across the road got 60 … not sure if the 2 payments still runs as the chap across the road got 60 pounds from a rebate but he isnt sure where

maybe from another supplier, i know BG havent done it this year but maybe others have

sassie;4051444

maybe from another supplier, i know BG havent done it this year but maybe … maybe from another supplier, i know BG havent done it this year but maybe others have

looks like its a benefit christmas bonus can be between 10 and 60 pounds

Banned

linw;4051569

looks like its a benefit christmas bonus can be between 10 and 60 pounds

pop over and ask him who off - lol

linw;4051423

not sure if the 2 payments still runs as the chap across the road got 60 … not sure if the 2 payments still runs as the chap across the road got 60 pounds from a rebate but he isnt sure where

Perhaps they were cold weather payments.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions