Groups

Britons could pay fee to retain benefits of EU citizenship after Brexit, says Europe's chief negotiator

Banned
    EU citizenship!

Seems odd. I didn't know there was a nation called EU

21 Comments

Banned

The last time I was asked "to pay fee to retain benefits " the company went bust.

& no I didnt pay.

What benefits ?

there will be no EU in a couple of years, they messed it up with greed

Now we need to get out asap

I have no problem with freedom of movement as long as it's good countries like Sweden, Norway, Germany, etc. And not Latvia, Poland, Romania, etc. Countries with a similar GDP.

Also I'd much rather prefer this if possible instead of eu countries
    change.org/p/p…and

Edited by: "KM4353" 27th Nov 2016

KM4353

I have no problem with freedom of movement as long as it's good countries … I have no problem with freedom of movement as long as it's good countries like Sweden, Norway, Germany, etc. And not Latvia, Poland, Romania, etc. Countries with a similar GDP.Also I'd much rather prefer this if possible instead of eu countrieshttps://www.change.org/p/parliament-of-the-united-kingdom-parliament-of-australia-parliament-of-canada-parliament-of-new-zealand-advocate-and-introduce-legislation-promoting-the-free-movement-of-citizens-between-the-uk-canada-australia-and-new-zealand

I'd move to any of those 3 countries in a heartbeat if I could

Good countries and bad countries now, bet you won't be moaning about Poland when your boiler breaks over Christmas and a polish bloke gets sent to fix it.

Banned

Oh, EU, you're so edgy and cool.

they need us more than we need them

hope we'll still have Panettone & German Christmas markets run by Romanians X)

DarkEnergy2012

hope we'll still have Panettone & German Christmas markets run by … hope we'll still have Panettone & German Christmas markets run by Romanians X)

​them Romanians, coming over here and taking our Germans jobs.

Depends on how it would allow people to work - could whole companies full of workers have single market access?

It would create a two tiered nation although we already almost have that. This would possibly enshrine it.

Maybe Junker's and Co could fund it.

European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker is set to receive an annual pay rise of £8,793.
    The pay rise will see Juncker's annual salary jump to £275,275, twice that of Prime Minister Theresa May, who gets £143,492.

Despite cutbacks across the continent, 55,000 EU bureaucrats will receive a 3.3 per cent pay rise backdated to July.

Them European beaucrats still living in the sky and making wishy-washy demands.

shasnir

Maybe Junker's and Co could fund it.European Commission president … Maybe Junker's and Co could fund it.European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker is set to receive an annual pay rise of £8,793.The pay rise will see Juncker's annual salary jump to £275,275, twice that of Prime Minister Theresa May, who gets £143,492.Despite cutbacks across the continent, 55,000 EU bureaucrats will receive a 3.3 per cent pay rise backdated to July.

​in the same way our MPs got 10% so dont try and say its an EU issue

The EU is a corrupt institution.

We already pay a fee to the euro liberal s, 12Billion quid every year.

Error440

Good countries and bad countries now, bet you won't be moaning about … Good countries and bad countries now, bet you won't be moaning about Poland when your boiler breaks over Christmas and a polish bloke gets sent to fix it.

As most boiler men and plumbers are here, guess who do their boilers and plumbing in Poland?

splender

As most boiler men and plumbers are here, guess who do their boilers and … As most boiler men and plumbers are here, guess who do their boilers and plumbing in Poland?

The system works then, damn foreigners going over to poland to do plumbing and buy their cheap housing stock.

Error440

The system works then, damn foreigners going over to poland to do … The system works then, damn foreigners going over to poland to do plumbing and buy their cheap housing stock.

Works very well for neoliberalism, freedom of movement of people means easy flow of people between countries where wages are compressed, very good for capital growth and business expansion, low wages means the business profit is subsidised by state welfare benefits, and where there is still labour shortage, each country is able to immigrate people from outside of EU, which is fab as then each country makes local law, including no minimum wages and no welfare benefits for low wage earning. It is all very good for business and remove labour risks for businesses. So A people moves to B country, C people then moves to A country, and D people moves to C country .. and so on. This is possible because capital and cash are always what businesses want, not people, as then people become de-nationalised into nobody but mere labour quantity as a resource. Then why Brexit, Trumpism and rise of consevatism and protectionism as the have-nots now assert they are real flesh and blood and deserve a decent living and not de-nationalised as nobody. So it is a battle of cheap labour as nobody versus businesses globalised where labour is being de-nationalised into homogenous cheapest quantity as large scale commodity.
    Edited by: "splender" 29th Nov 2016

Eggs and chickens social security is paid for by the people who work, ultimately its weak governments that permit low wages and are willing to fill in the gap from the public purse, its not a sound strategy for the future, robbing peter to pay paul wont last when peter hasn't had a payrise in 3 years.

Another thing that promotes low pay and higher rents is population density so why not make it easy for people to move around to less competitive markets even if its just the OAPs looking for a cheap place to retire.

This proposal would get my backing. Instead of the UK paying £350m each week to the EU, each Remainiac could pay, say, £35 each week to stay a personal member of their glorious EU.

I wonder how many would actually pay...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Santander - Compensation1520
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261378
      3. word association Game74044573
      4. Giffgaff New goodybags22

See more discussions