Broadband

Posted 7th Sep
Am currently with sky been a customer for over 7 years. My contract ended and they are offering me a deal which is £5 more to what ive been paying. Whats people’s recommendation as thinking to end my contract with sky. I told the guy on the phone about their yearly price increase if they will increase this big and he said they will so ill be paying £7 more each month
Can anyone recommend any broadband with unlimited downloads plz
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
Urgh they pulled that with me. I’m sitting there saying to them “I could just leave this as a rolling contract and pay less - how are you not getting this? Infuriated I cancelled and joined plus net. They are getting worse and worse.
Have a look at MSE’s Broadband Unbundled Deals. Click on filters for all options if required
Edited by: "LemonHead" 7th Sep
If you can get virgin don’t bother to pay for others as they promise the world through BT lines which do NOT deliver
NowBB uses same infrastructure as Sky. Minimum £80 cashback for £18/m ADSL or £100 cashback for fibre at £23/m or £28/m; all 12m contracts inc line rental and unlim anytime calls to ll+mob.
topcashback.co.uk/now…nd/
nowtv.com/bro…and
One-off £5 delivery fee.
Psusu07/09/2020 23:23

If you can get virgin don’t bother to pay for others as they promise the w …If you can get virgin don’t bother to pay for others as they promise the world through BT lines which do NOT deliver

I disagree. I don't have FTTP in my neighbourhood, no Virgin service as well. So I am dependent entirely on Openreach but have had little to complain about in the last few years. A lot depends on the distance of your house from the telephone exchange and the equipment installed by the service provider there.
bozo00708/09/2020 06:15

I disagree. I don't have FTTP in my neighbourhood, no Virgin service as …I disagree. I don't have FTTP in my neighbourhood, no Virgin service as well. So I am dependent entirely on Openreach but have had little to complain about in the last few years. A lot depends on the distance of your house from the telephone exchange and the equipment installed by the service provider there.

Ok you can disagree with me openreach/BT lines are build for 90s speed and you tell me that speed on cooper lines is fast in 2020! They just money grabber never invested on lines and infrastructure they just up sell their services after you call them they tell you what you written same excuse!
Psusu08/09/2020 11:13

Ok you can disagree with me openreach/BT lines are build for 90s speed and …Ok you can disagree with me openreach/BT lines are build for 90s speed and you tell me that speed on cooper lines is fast in 2020! They just money grabber never invested on lines and infrastructure they just up sell their services after you call them they tell you what you written same excuse!

I routinely get 130 - 150Mbps on those very lines. Hardly 90s speed. I am attaching a screen shot of a speed test done just for this response.

Perhaps your area has a problem but that doesn't mean it is a universal issue as you seem to imply.

41866444-zXhHR.jpg
AndyRoyd08/09/2020 03:08

NowBB uses same infrastructure as Sky. Minimum £80 cashback for £18/m ADSL …NowBB uses same infrastructure as Sky. Minimum £80 cashback for £18/m ADSL or £100 cashback for fibre at £23/m or £28/m; all 12m contracts inc line rental and unlim anytime calls to ll+mob.https://www.topcashback.co.uk/now-broadband/https://www.nowtv.com/broadbandOne-off £5 delivery fee.

Never heard of them. Do they reduce streaming at peak times? I had plusnet and they told me something like fair usage and that at 5 they reduce my speed does nowbb do the same?
LemonHead07/09/2020 23:19

Have a look at MSE’s Broadband Unbundled Deals. Click on filters for all o …Have a look at MSE’s Broadband Unbundled Deals. Click on filters for all options if required

Thanks
Psusu07/09/2020 23:23

If you can get virgin don’t bother to pay for others as they promise the w …If you can get virgin don’t bother to pay for others as they promise the world through BT lines which do NOT deliver

Virgin used to send me wrong bills each month for calls i never made lol i ended my contract after 14 days
Nat_urally07/09/2020 22:42

Urgh they pulled that with me. I’m sitting there saying to them “I could ju …Urgh they pulled that with me. I’m sitting there saying to them “I could just leave this as a rolling contract and pay less - how are you not getting this? Infuriated I cancelled and joined plus net. They are getting worse and worse.

U mean sky is getting worse right? Problem is with plusnet they reduce my speed at peak times. I need it to watch iptv and if internet speed isnt good i wont be able to watch anything
AndyRoyd08/09/2020 03:08

NowBB uses same infrastructure as Sky. Minimum £80 cashback for £18/m ADSL …NowBB uses same infrastructure as Sky. Minimum £80 cashback for £18/m ADSL or £100 cashback for fibre at £23/m or £28/m; all 12m contracts inc line rental and unlim anytime calls to ll+mob.https://www.topcashback.co.uk/now-broadband/https://www.nowtv.com/broadbandOne-off £5 delivery fee.

We are sorry NOW Broadband is unavailable at your address!
Why not choose NOW TV Passes instead?
Choose from the latest & best movies, must-see TV shows, awesome kids TV, and the freshest reality shows you won't find o
ahmed17809/09/2020 17:32

U mean sky is getting worse right? Problem is with plusnet they reduce my …U mean sky is getting worse right? Problem is with plusnet they reduce my speed at peak times. I need it to watch iptv and if internet speed isnt good i wont be able to watch anything

Plusnet KFI states no throttling or TM at anytime, so any regular speed reduction issue will be with the source you are attempting to access and/or overcontention. If the issue is the source then choice of ISP is irrelevant.
AndyRoyd11/09/2020 05:39

Plusnet KFI states no throttling or TM at anytime, so any regular speed …Plusnet KFI states no throttling or TM at anytime, so any regular speed reduction issue will be with the source you are attempting to access and/or overcontention. If the issue is the source then choice of ISP is irrelevant.

So do u recommend plusnet?
ahmed17812/09/2020 15:20

So do u recommend plusnet?

Haven't recommended anyone. Just countered the earlier inaccurate statement that PN CS would state it actively implements throttling on a consumer fixed line BB product at 5pm when it does not.
"Is traffic prioritisation used during peak hours? No...
Are any services, content, applications or protocols always slowed down? No...
Is traffic prioritisation used to manage congestion in particular locations? No...
We don't limit your line speed, usage or downloads. Traffic prioritisation isn't applied to Unlimited, Unlimited Fibre, Unlimited Fibre Extra, Business Unlimited or Business Unlimited Fibre...
"
plus.net/hel…on/
plus.net/hel…on/
AndyRoyd12/09/2020 16:23

Haven't recommended anyone. Just countered the earlier inaccurate …Haven't recommended anyone. Just countered the earlier inaccurate statement that PN CS would state it actively implements throttling on a consumer fixed line BB product at 5pm when it does not."Is traffic prioritisation used during peak hours? No...Are any services, content, applications or protocols always slowed down? No...Is traffic prioritisation used to manage congestion in particular locations? No...We don't limit your line speed, usage or downloads. Traffic prioritisation isn't applied to Unlimited, Unlimited Fibre, Unlimited Fibre Extra, Business Unlimited or Business Unlimited Fibre..."https://www.plus.net/help/legal/key-fact-indicators-for-broadband-traffic-prioritisation/https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-traffic-prioritisation/

I got u thx alot ive signed up with them after being with sky for 9 years they keep increasing my price so its time forba change
Post a comment
@
    Text