Broadband activation "up until midnight"... Help?

Found 18th Jul
I know it's only 9:25pm but what's the chances the broadband will actually activate before midnight at this point?

it's on TalkTalk and they just keep saying wait until midnight... Just feels too late now.
Community Updates
AskBroadband
12 Comments
When I joined BT mine was switched on at about 10.45pm, so you've got a bit of time yet
It's just the 'robotic' work that needs to complete at the exchange and this can be anytime up until midnight.
It’s probably scheduled out of hours to avoid peak usage times. So if everyone stops using the net and goes to bed it might happen quicker...
In the past mine have always gone live as soon as I connected the router on the correct date, I got talk talk in 2013, can not remember exactly why but had to have bt out to my home to fit a new socket and line on the same day, plugged everything in and the broadband was live, he then said just got to go and finish of making sure the line is secure, next thing as he is messing up the pole it goes off, I said are you sure you have not accidently disconnected something, he was adiment he had not and that although it was live for 10 minutes I was still to wait for it to go live a few hours later, of course it never did and talk talk could not understand why it was not live, the packaged had to be cancelled, a few days later neighbour returned from holiday to find their internet was now not working, turns out he had wired us together, so although are telephones worked It wiped out the broadband signal. The biggest problem with broadband is that it is being sent through an out of date system that was never designed for high speed Internet, some of the phone lines in many areas have been in place since the 1960s and contain very little copper, and when you look inside a cabinet at the end of most housing estates it is just a mess of wires that are easily knocked or just about making good connections.

34414081-FGneC.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 18th Jul
With Sky mine was active the day before official activation

It never took until almost midnight with BT or Plusnet. In the afternoon everything was working already.
It is past midnight now, the answer is????
Oneday771 h, 33 m ago

It is past midnight now, the answer is????

No activation and on live chat they are saying there is "faulty cables at the exchange and they need to order new ones to get an engineer to fix it and it'll take 48-72 hours"

.... Uggghhhh
You'll be lucky if your service gets activated any time soon. TalkTalk are consistently voted and regarded as the worst provider on the planet. My advice would be to leave asap, You should hopefully still be within your cooling off period. If not, You have my empathy.
.MUFC.13 h, 9 m ago

You'll be lucky if your service gets activated any time soon. TalkTalk are …You'll be lucky if your service gets activated any time soon. TalkTalk are consistently voted and regarded as the worst provider on the planet. My advice would be to leave asap, You should hopefully still be within your cooling off period. If not, You have my empathy.

Disagree I'm afraid my talktalk experience is great but they are as bad as each other EE and plus net been the worst in my opinion. Talktalk twice now no problems, EE and plus net not a clue and BT great but too overpriced.
cliosport6517 m ago

Disagree I'm afraid my talktalk experience is great but they are as bad as …Disagree I'm afraid my talktalk experience is great but they are as bad as each other EE and plus net been the worst in my opinion. Talktalk twice now no problems, EE and plus net not a clue and BT great but too overpriced.

I've had great TalkTalk experience up until now, just a bizarre situation seems nobody knows what the issue is or how long it'll be fixed
Talktalk are nasty mum gets 7.5mbps on a line that has done over 20mbps
She does use the web filter though, and honestly that's good and probably why they have such a high customer retention
I'd never go with talktalk... Purely on the grounds that one of their door to door sales folk knocked our door once when I was at work, wife was home with the kids, and when she told him I dealt with that stuff he simply walked into the house, sat on the sofa and started pressuring her into signing up.

Scum company in my opinion... Reported this to them and they did absolutely nothing about it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants