Broadband and basic channels

Found 5th Apr
Anyone have any recommendations I need to cut my monthly outgoings. Just need broadband and basic channels, including entertainment like MTV etc.

Sky are trying to charge £40 for this... I'm sure you can get this much cheaper?
Community Updates
AskBroadband
9 Comments
deleted1132166
Virgin offer 100mb internet speed with basic TV for £29 a month. virginmedia.com/sho…tml
Or for a cheaper long-term fix buy a Freeview box or a decent TV box like Humax to get all the basic channels. Than get broadband alone.

Only issue is don't think you get MTV with any of the basic packages.

Final slightly dodgy solution. Get an Amazon firestick, download Kodi other IPTV services and you should get MTV
Edited by moderator: "trimmed link" 5th Apr
They cut a lot of the freeview channels too on virgin tv and want you to pay for them when it’s free on freeview.
There should be a round of deals coming up soon, all the big names do specials every few months. My 18 month deal is finishing soon, so I'll also be in the market for a new deal.
Bigfootpete3 h, 30 m ago

There should be a round of deals coming up soon, all the big names do …There should be a round of deals coming up soon, all the big names do specials every few months. My 18 month deal is finishing soon, so I'll also be in the market for a new deal.

I have a about a week on Sky left, so need to find something quickly.
Ask them what retention deals they got on, ask them for 75/60/50% off + credit (£50/£75/£100), if they've nothing decent to offer you then just threaten to leave and ask for your 30 day notice. Then 3 weeks later ask them again what retention deals they've to offer. Don't accept anything less than 50% off, again ask for £50/£75/£100 credit. Last year I got 60% off + £50 credit, this year I could only manage 50% off and no credit, GL.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 6th Apr
Simple answer is to get Now TV. They have MTV in their Entertainment package (£7.99 a month or cheaper with a pass included with a box) along with a bunch of the best Sky channels. Sign up for Now TV broadband with it and get cashback from Quidco or Topcashback.
dealpickle6th Apr

Simple answer is to get Now TV. They have MTV in their Entertainment …Simple answer is to get Now TV. They have MTV in their Entertainment package (£7.99 a month or cheaper with a pass included with a box) along with a bunch of the best Sky channels. Sign up for Now TV broadband with it and get cashback from Quidco or Topcashback.

Hmm but what is the broadband like? Is it reliable?
RKZMUSIC1_3 h, 12 m ago

Hmm but what is the broadband like? Is it reliable?

I assume it's the same as Sky Broadband since Now TV is part of Sky. I think their broadband is generally thought to be pretty good, isn't it? You don't need to take Now broadband to get the TV service if you don't want - i have Now TV but use Plusnet broadband.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants