Broadband And Mobile Network Providers Who Aren't Increasing Prices From April For New Customers

Posted 14th Mar 2023
So In my deals, the number one question seems to be, "How much will this be come April" I thought I'd keep you lot updated on the providers who will now not be increasing bills / plans until April 2024 for new customers, hopefully you find this information useful

Are there any others you know of, please comment and I can update ASAP, cheers

Shell Energy
  • Confirmed no price rises for new customers from the 09/02/2023
  • Existing customers who signed up to 09/02/2023 will still see the rises (13.5%)

Vodafone
  • Confirmed no price increases for new Mobile customers from 23/02/2023, No increases for Broadband customers from the 24/02/2023
  • Existing customers who bought between 08/12/2020 and 23/02/2023 will still see the increases (14.4%)

Sky Mobile
  • No Price Rises

So a little bit of good news if you are thinking of taking out a Voda, Shell energy or Sky mobile Contract

What Is the Consumer Price Index (CPI)?
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) is a measure that examines the weighted average of prices of a basket of consumer goods and services, such as transportation, food, and medical care. It is calculated by taking price changes for each item in the predetermined basket of goods and averaging them. Changes in the CPI are used to assess price changes associated with the cost of living

The CPI is one of the most frequently used statistics for identifying periods of inflation or deflation. It may be compared with the producer price index(PPI), which instead of considering prices paid by consumers looks at what businesses pay for inputs.

Some Direct links for categories
Pay Monthly
Mobile contracts
Broadband services
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    VeganPolice
    Tesco Mobile are putting my price up by 14.4%, I've had the contract since ~ 2013 & this is the first price rise from a tenner, then again it's for 3GB data which is low but more than I ever use.
    KodaBear
    If you aren't happy with this, Lycamobile also use the same o2 network as Tesco do, and are offering 3GB, unlimited minutes and texts for 5p per month for the first 6 months, and then £4.75 Per month thereafter.

You can keep your number, there's no price increases, and no contract so you can walk away at any time too:
    lycamobile.co.uk/ucu…-1/

If you fancy a change then there's also Smarty (Owned by Three and use their signal) for 4GB, Unlimited mins and texts at £5 per month with no contract and no price increase:
    smarty.co.uk/pla…AFF

Or finally there's Asda Mobile who use the Vodafone network and do 3GB, unlimited mins and texts for £5. Same situation with no contract and no price increase:
    mobile.asda.com/my-…l=1

Hopefully one of these suits you and can help save you some money. If you do leave Tesco to avoid the price rise, just text PAC to 65075 for free from your Tesco SIM and you'll get a reply with the code that you need to give to your new network to transfer your phone number with you.

If you're paying £10 (+ a further 14.4%) for only 3GB you're being ripped off! Even going with the big brands like Three, Vodafone and o2 via a service like Uswitch you'll get a much cheaper price in the region of £5-7 per month for the same or more data.
    innocent
    49760468-2vkvc.jpg
    KodaBear
    Just to continue from the point about Vodafone, their budget brand TalkMobile has confirmed no price increase for this year - In fact they have expanded this policy to everyone including existing customers. Was on live chat to them just yesterday and got this in writing.
    Craig2018
    I am an existing customer paying £9.95 for 60gb on a 30 day rolling -hopefully this will stay the same Bear
    IndyS
    Our prices went up already on Sky mobile mid Feb, planning to switch to Lebara
    bigivan
    That’s what I did, and never looked back
    sm9690
    I'm an existing vodafone mobile and broadband customer and haven't had any increase notification, nor does my estimated april bill show any increase
    notalwaysright19
    Is there anything that can be done about the price increase?

(EE, £1.56 extra)

I quite like paying £10.10!!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants