Broadband. Anyone recommend EE.

Posted 4th May
Currently using Plusnet for broadband and all inclusive calls for £31 per month. Contract is now ending so it's going up to £44+ per month. Phoned them and they offered new contract of £34 per month. Told them EE was quoting £29 for the same package but they wouldn't budge.
Anyone recommend EE for broadband?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Using EE for two years now. Can't complain at all. Always full speed. I'm using fibre broadband.
Admast7904/05/2020 19:32

Using EE for two years now. Can't complain at all. Always full speed. I'm …Using EE for two years now. Can't complain at all. Always full speed. I'm using fibre broadband.

The only reason I am a bit dubious is because I believe they use call centres in India.
rav4cas04/05/2020 19:50

The only reason I am a bit dubious is because I believe they use call …The only reason I am a bit dubious is because I believe they use call centres in India.

All call centres are UK & Ireland based.
ShannonF9604/05/2020 19:57

All call centres are UK & Ireland based.

So it's changed then. Thanks.
Its exactly the same connection between all providers that use the openreach network including Plusnet and EE both part of BT
I'll be joining on the 19th so 🤞 they're decent
Edited by: "RhysLloyd2002" 4th May
Switched from TalkTalk to EE last year. Speed is a teensy bit slower (not so much you would notice without doing a speed test) but the huge advantage is the speed is consistent. TT was always dipping well below what we paid for, EE has always remained at the same speed.

Yes TT offer a speed guarantee but I spent so much time and hassle with them it wasn't worth it.
What I find strange is when I go straight to EE the price is the same as Plusnet. It's only when I go through a comparison site that I get offered the lower price.
Edited by: "rav4cas" 5th May
rav4cas04/05/2020 19:50

The only reason I am a bit dubious is because I believe they use call …The only reason I am a bit dubious is because I believe they use call centres in India.

they only have UK Call centres:
ee.co.uk/why…res
Are you in final month....of your contract if not wait they might offer a better price....from retention.
I used to be with EE for about 4 years never had any problems with them until they hiked their price. Switched to Plusnet Much faster and cheaper, happy i made the switch
Satan_Claws05/05/2020 07:43

Switched from TalkTalk to EE last year. Speed is a teensy bit slower (not …Switched from TalkTalk to EE last year. Speed is a teensy bit slower (not so much you would notice without doing a speed test) but the huge advantage is the speed is consistent. TT was always dipping well below what we paid for, EE has always remained at the same speed.Yes TT offer a speed guarantee but I spent so much time and hassle with them it wasn't worth it.

Did the same thing but to Bt years ago. Main issues i experienced with Talktalk if you have a problem they are slow slow i was 3.5 weeks out of broadband, the main reason was they insist on having their own technician to come and check first only after he went 5 minutes after he came they would book an openreach engineer which solved the issue in about half an hour. Last year i had a similar issue with Bt it was fixed within a day.
kingpep-permint05/05/2020 16:37

Did the same thing but to Bt years ago. Main issues i experienced with …Did the same thing but to Bt years ago. Main issues i experienced with Talktalk if you have a problem they are slow slow i was 3.5 weeks out of broadband, the main reason was they insist on having their own technician to come and check first only after he went 5 minutes after he came they would book an openreach engineer which solved the issue in about half an hour. Last year i had a similar issue with Bt it was fixed within a day.

Good job you never used Virgin, my elderly mother had just the landline with them. Was without a phone for 5 weeks during the hot spell. Virgin kept saying it was because the main cabinet was overheating due to the abnormally hot weather. They were called out 4 times and each time came back the same excuse. Changed providers never had that problem again. Probably because we have never had that hot weather again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions