Found 22nd Jul 2009
hey all i am looking for a new ISP and came across virgin i am getting 6mb to 7mb line and virgin offered between 9mb and 10mb??? i am lost as i am upto 8mb in my town and upto 16mb is coming to us some time end of september samknows.com just i am lost how they can offer me that speed when it aint in my town till september

any help please

14 Comments

Original Poster

cable is not in my town and there is no date for when it is going to hear

thank you for the reply

Banned

all depends on price doesnt it?

surely 7-8mbps is enough for 99% of people

I used to survive on a daily diet of tv / films via 1mbps

its not like putting a new 6Litre engine in a 1litre car lol

Original Poster

lol that that quote

err yer 6 to 7 mb line would be enough but when i see my friend with a 20mb line and takes next to nothing to download a movie lol i want it lol

i was told that i depends on what the phone line and what it can handle

Original Poster

that is what i fort just wondered if any one was with virgin and has heared of this boost thing before

Original Poster

yup that is what i was told as well my isp said thay carn't offer that speed. i did ring them up and thay wer so addiment that they can give me that speed.... i don't belive them like just wondered..........talk talk offer somthing like what virgin offer

so so lost i am lol

Original Poster

or right now i see now but still lost with virgin mmm mybe sales ploy lol

do talk talk do the same as orange???? just remember some 1 saying something to me buldog as well

check out ]Be Broadband see if its available in your area, i think they give you an estimate of the speed they can give you

*edit* avoid bulldog! thats who i was with b4 Be, trying to cancell it was a nightmare

Original Poster

sorry me not that clear lol err orange can do the same thing as talk talk

Original Poster

jambo1082;5819666

check out ]Be Broadband see if its available in your area, i think they … check out ]Be Broadband see if its available in your area, i think they give you an estimate of the speed they can give you*edit* avoid bulldog! thats who i was with b4 Be, trying to cancell it was a nightmare

Sorry, but your phone line is unable to support our broadband. Please contact your telephone provider if you require further details.

thank you for your reply

bridtown;5819711

Sorry, but your phone line is unable to support our broadband. Please … Sorry, but your phone line is unable to support our broadband. Please contact your telephone provider if you require further details.thank you for your reply

yeah you need a BT line, i had a bulldog line and BT changed it for me, now i get Be internet 18.3mb average down stream and 1.3mb up for £17.50 a month

Original Poster

jambo1082;5819748

yeah you need a BT line, i had a bulldog line and BT changed it for me, … yeah you need a BT line, i had a bulldog line and BT changed it for me, now i get Be internet 18.3mb average down stream and 1.3mb up for £17.50 a month

i have a b.t line just don't think it'a avalable in bridlington

bridtown;5820557

i have a b.t line just don't think it'a avalable in bridlington

maybe not.

my grandparents live in hunmanby

Banned

bridtown;5819440

lol that that quote err yer 6 to 7 mb line would be enough but when i see … lol that that quote err yer 6 to 7 mb line would be enough but when i see my friend with a 20mb line and takes next to nothing to download a movie lol i want it loli was told that i depends on what the phone line and what it can handle

then you clearly havent got 6-7mb when you state your m8 has 20mb and takes next to nothing to dl a movie.

you wouldnt be far behind :-D

and whats with the double word typing?

Banned

dcx_badass;5819421

Then they can't offer you that speed. Simples.

Here speaks the voice of reason! :thumbsup:

just what is the point of this thread :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return56
    2. I posted a deal that has been removed612
    3. Whatsup number, confused44
    4. What is gearbest like on warranty?79

See more discussions