Found 18th May
Currently on Virgin but thinking of switching away from it since the connection gets cut out at times and speed getting throttled, was thinking of BT, since they have some pretty good deals, how often do they include the BT reward card? Current deal with BT reward card is ending today

Any advice would be good

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Broadband
12 Comments

ispreview.co.uk/ind…tml 25 pounds for 24 months 38/2 speed and you can add on 80/20 for 5 pounds more that is what I have done so 30 pounds all in

does changing provider actually have that much effect when your problems are likely down to those at the local telephone exchange which will stay the same irrespective of service provider? never made a difference when I have made numerous switches based on getting best priced deal

give this a read as there are a few good tips

forums.digitalspy.com/dis…58/

Sky unlim ADSL 12m @ £9.50/m + 9.95 router delivery; unlim fibre 18m @ £19.50 + £48.95 setup/del. Possible £20 line install if none available to inherit promotioncode.sky.com/cam…647

earlsgate

does changing provider actually have that much effect when your problems … does changing provider actually have that much effect when your problems are likely down to those at the local telephone exchange which will stay the same irrespective of service provider? never made a difference when I have made numerous switches based on getting best priced dealgive this a read as there are a few good tipshttps://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/69796758/

In this case no as furreal is with Virgin Media. However to answer your question as within your link states indeed yes but depends on where the problem is. It also depends on the providers equipment's (in the exchange) ability to work through the faults. You may have had a seemless service with Sky but switch to talktalk the equipment cannot work through the fault and endless openreach engineers get sent out and/or talktalk equipment has an intermittent fault so they keep sending out openreach engineers who cant find it.

also if it is a network fault yes switching may not fix it but the providers ability to get it fixed/ dealing with said fault may differ.

BT seem to do the mastercard offers quite regularly now. If you have multiple devices connected then i'd recommend BT over Plusnet and (of course) Talktalk, as BTs upload speed is far better.

I'm just waiting on closing a complaint with BT and then i'll be taking out another account.

Original Poster

mac9091

BT seem to do the mastercard offers quite regularly now. If you have … BT seem to do the mastercard offers quite regularly now. If you have multiple devices connected then i'd recommend BT over Plusnet and (of course) Talktalk, as BTs upload speed is far better.I'm just waiting on closing a complaint with BT and then i'll be taking out another account.

How often do they include the reward card? Seems like a good deal after factoring it in, since I'm paying about 35 for 100mbps at the moment

earlsgate

does changing provider actually have that much effect when your problems … does changing provider actually have that much effect when your problems are likely down to those at the local telephone exchange which will stay the same irrespective of service provider? never made a difference when I have made numerous switches based on getting best priced dealgive this a read as there are a few good tipshttps://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/69796758/

I'm not too sure about that to be honest, it cuts out once in a while, and then goes back up, unrelated but even my hotspot on Three is more reliable than Virgin, although speed wise is incomparable

AndyRoyd

Sky unlim ADSL 12m @ £9.50/m + 9.95 router delivery; unlim fibre 18m @ … Sky unlim ADSL 12m @ £9.50/m + 9.95 router delivery; unlim fibre 18m @ £19.50 + £48.95 setup/del. Possible £20 line install if none available to inherit https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/msesab4647

monkeyboy077

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/05/uk-isp-talktalk-preps-britains-best-value-unlimited-fibre-broadband-package.html 25 pounds for 24 months 38/2 speed and you can add on 80/20 for 5 pounds more that is what I have done so 30 pounds all in

Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention I'm looking for something over 50mbps on a 12 month contract

be careful of some of these offers of cashback or Amazon vouchers tied into a deal. Sometimes they are time linked with the promise of an automatic issue of voucher that does not materialize.

best to save web pages or get screen shots or each stage of the sign up process to avoid being one of the ones being fobbed off further down the line

typical example here, no prejudice
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…+ee
Edited by: "earlsgate" 18th May

Can someone please tell me the difference between sky fibre and sky broadband?

marieallwood9

Can someone please tell me the difference between sky fibre and sky … Can someone please tell me the difference between sky fibre and sky broadband?

Effectively: speed and price. Application of those product terms by Sky is "Sky broadband" = the ADSL product with typical max d/l speed of 20Mbps but often significantly less the further the customer is located from the tel exchange; compared to "Sky Fibre" = typical minimum d/l speed of 30Mbps.

furreal

How often do they include the reward card? Seems like a good deal after … How often do they include the reward card? Seems like a good deal after factoring it in, since I'm paying about 35 for 100mbps at the moment

I don't keep a constant tab on them but it seems each time i'm looking for a new supplier they have a mastercard for a varying amount on offer.

I move houses quite frequently and not always at the same time of year and occasionally mid contract due to my job, so i can safely say they have offered the deal at the very minimum:

Dec 15 (went with them at my previous, previous address)
Dec 16 (went with them at my previous address)
Jul 16 (noticed by chance as i was complaining about the speed i was getting)
Jan 17 (again still complaining abou the speed and at the end of my 12 month contract)
May 17 (moved house again and looking for new connection)

Original Poster

mac9091

I don't keep a constant tab on them but it seems each time i'm looking … I don't keep a constant tab on them but it seems each time i'm looking for a new supplier they have a mastercard for a varying amount on offer.I move houses quite frequently and not always at the same time of year and occasionally mid contract due to my job, so i can safely say they have offered the deal at the very minimum:Dec 15 (went with them at my previous, previous address)Dec 16 (went with them at my previous address)Jul 16 (noticed by chance as i was complaining about the speed i was getting)Jan 17 (again still complaining abou the speed and at the end of my 12 month contract)May 17 (moved house again and looking for new connection)

I see, thinking of going with BT with the recent deals, have a question though, if I place in my order today (moving to a new place in June), their terms and condition states that I have up to 14 days to cancel after they accept the order, but I've seen some forums saying you can cancel up to the one day before installation?

Been away with work so no access to internet.

They claim the 14 days start when they accept the order, but i have argued before that the 14 should start once the line is active. As you may pass the 14 days before they have even installed/connected the line, therefore you would have no way of checking the quality of the service until then. They also (all suppliers) state that they require 10 days for the line to settle and give a consistent speed. So potentially you could be near to a month since the order was accepted before having a reliable speed, which may not be suitable.

I have just gone with sky and the upload speed has been consistently less than 1 mbps, making it horrendous to have more than 1 connected device using the internet at the same time. As no supplier publishes their upload speeds (mainly down to so many variables, that affects the speed) i would not have been able to know this prior to the acceptance of the order, therefore i still have cause to terminate the contract.
Edited by: "mac9091" 2nd Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions