Expired

Broadband for home with no landline

Found 10th Sep 2008
Hi
I am currently with Virgin Media and was paying £10 per month (2GB, unlimited usage) until my contract of 12 months was up and now I have to pay £18! I also have no landline at home and it is hard to find another provider which offers broadband for home without landline. It is also not very useful for me to have a landline.
Anybody is aware of any provider which provides the same service as Virgin but have better deals?

1. Ask
  2. Broadband
5 Comments

ok its simple ive been virgin for years now my 12 months contract have ran out am still on the old tarif of £10 actually £9 coz i signed up to ebilling.

in ur case i would threaten to leave and watch them give it you for £10 for 6 months or 12 months but you just got to keep renewing it.

try speaking to retentions there like to lookafter you
good luck

whichisp.com/

Have a look there, as you may find a satellite ISP or similar

yea, do as OP says. ring them up, threaten to leave, and explain you cant afford to pay £18pm, say your not working anymore (even if ya are)

Everyone does not wanna lose custom, hence they'll do it for £10 for at least 6 month

Original Poster

khalifazed;2937896

ok its simple ive been virgin for years now my 12 months contract have … ok its simple ive been virgin for years now my 12 months contract have ran out am still on the old tarif of £10 actually £9 coz i signed up to ebilling.in ur case i would threaten to leave and watch them give it you for £10 for 6 months or 12 months but you just got to keep renewing it.try speaking to retentions there like to lookafter yougood luck

Hi, thanks a lot! That worked, just called them and I didn't even have to explain, she automatically offered to reduce my bill to £11 for 6 months and I asked about the e-billing and she confirmed another £1 off. It doesn't mention this discount on my paper bill so I never bothered. But good to know.
Thanks!!! I will be saving £8 a month for the next 6 months. Will do the same trick after this time is up.

yamlan;2944197

Hi, thanks a lot! That worked, just called them and I didn't even have to … Hi, thanks a lot! That worked, just called them and I didn't even have to explain, she automatically offered to reduce my bill to £11 for 6 months and I asked about the e-billing and she confirmed another £1 off. It doesn't mention this discount on my paper bill so I never bothered. But good to know. Thanks!!! I will be saving £8 a month for the next 6 months. Will do the same trick after this time is up.

urwellcome
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking for a dryer during Black Friday ...11
    2. Amazon Prime or Netflix55
    3. Arranging a courier55
    4. Virgin Media retention deals11

See more discussions