Groups

Broadband help

my BT contract ends 1july so i called them and ask for Mac code so i can change provider.
    Got 02 broadband all good will be ready by 5.06 :)))
    However just been reading an email from 02 and found this

"If you are moving from another broadband provider you should wait for about 30 minutes after your old service stops before you set up O2 Home Broadband"

Dont understand, will bt stop automaticly or i need to phone them
    Any advice welcome
    thank you

9 Comments

BT will automatically stop, you will then need to connect the router from O2 in order to access the Internet.

Original Poster

when will it stop? as soon as line active by o2 or when contract ends, its payed till end of july!!!
    thank you

The email sent to you by O2 should give you a precise date and a estimated time which I think you said 5th June. You will know when you need to switch over when you try to connect to the Internet with BT and it doesn't work.

Jeffry24;5351291

when will it stop? as soon as line active by o2 or when contract ends, … when will it stop? as soon as line active by o2 or when contract ends, its payed till end of july!!! thank you

It will stop as soon as O2 is ready

I'm on O2 now by the way, it's a lot better than BT. I get 14MB at the moment for about £7 whereas BT gave me 5MB for about £25.

I also don't get capped on O2 when i'm downloading which is good.

Original Poster

RedIron;5351361

It will stop as soon as O2 is readyI'm on O2 now by the way, it's a lot … It will stop as soon as O2 is readyI'm on O2 now by the way, it's a lot better than BT. I get 14MB at the moment for about £7 whereas BT gave me 5MB for about £25.I also don't get capped on O2 when i'm downloading which is good.

so it will stop as soon as o2 active my line ? yes they said 5.06 line will be active so BT will not work then ? thx
    have u done quidco 70£ cash back and 3 month for free :))
    So dont have to call BT again ???

Jeffry24;5351415

so it will stop as soon as o2 active my line ? yes they said 5.06 line … so it will stop as soon as o2 active my line ? yes they said 5.06 line will be active so BT will not work then ? thx have u done quidco 70£ cash back and 3 month for free :))So dont have to call BT again ???

No you wont have to speak to BT.

On the day you go active with O2 your BT broadband will stop then just wait half an hour and connect your O2 modem up and away you go.

I've been with O2 since before that offer come out so no quidco or free 3 months for me :-(

Original Poster

RedIron;5351445

No you wont have to speak to BT.On the day you go active with O2 your BT … No you wont have to speak to BT.On the day you go active with O2 your BT broadband will stop then just wait half an hour and connect your O2 modem up and away you go.I've been with O2 since before that offer come out so no quidco or free 3 months for me :-(

Oki thank you very much rep left for both
    one more they did not set time so is it any time of day, or line be active from 12pm and if i do it in morning 8am i waited enough is that correct
    O2 offer is awesome works out less then 1£ a month :)))

Jeffry24;5351474

Oki thank you very much rep left for both one more they did not set time … Oki thank you very much rep left for both one more they did not set time so is it any time of day, or line be active from 12pm and if i do it in morning 8am i waited enough is that correct O2 offer is awesome works out less then 1£ a month :)))

It can be any time of the day, if I remember correctly my broadband went active around 2PM.

Just keep using your BT broadband until it goes off. When it does just wait 30 minutes and switch the modems over.

Original Poster

RedIron;5351497

It can be any time of the day, if I remember correctly my broadband went … It can be any time of the day, if I remember correctly my broadband went active around 2PM.Just keep using your BT broadband until it goes off. When it does just wait 30 minutes and switch the modems over.

I see thx hope it works fine :)))
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764175
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846147
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891820
      4. word association Game72744167

See more discussions