Found 28th Jun 2009
I have btbroadband and have done a speed test and I am getting 3.3mb download speed which I have been getting for months.

However, when I used to download songs from 7digital it would download at around 400Kbs a second, but in the past week or so, downloads have been 100Kbs.

Does anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks

8 Comments

its more probably due to capacity constraints from the download server....loads of people connecting to it and downloading will have an impact on the download speed that you get. As will the route to that server from your PC.

You a heavy user?

Impossible ti say.. spyware? slower connection due to higher use locally or an overloaded server? could be a lot of things..

Paddy_o_furniture;5609886

You a heavy user?

nah....the OP only smoke it at weekends :-D

StevenA2000_uk;5609897

nah....the OP only smoke it at weekends :-D

lol, BT throttle you massivley if your a heavy user @ peak times (even if your on top option) I wouldn't be with BT if I didn't get it free. Newsgroups never seem to get throttled mind.

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;5609886

You a heavy user?

Wouldnt say was that heavy, although started to use a VPN to work from home but dont know how much of an effect that has on it

also do a speed test on speedtester.bt.com/ it'll tell you your synch speed, IP profile and other stuff I can't remember off the op of my head. BT have access to this system so if you do have a problem (the test will tell you if it suspects it) BT can see it and deal with it accordingly.

I'm on 8mb but usually only get between 6 and 7. The speedtesters are unreliable. I have tried serval, one after the other, and each came out with different figures ranging from 1.1mb to 6.5mb. There are loads of variables that affect your broadband speed, so I have given up worrying about it.
I think I get good broadband from BT since I am only about 500 yards from a exchange.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop11
    2. Windows 7 reactivation57
    3. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?69
    4. Wireless earphones46

See more discussions