Groups
    EXPIRED

Broadband - no 12 month contract???

Hi all,

Just really after some advice please. I have just got my first laptop and want to hook up the net at my flat. There has been a phone line connected here before so I have called BT to have it connected, no problem.

However, I want to set up broadband but only for a period of 3 months. I simply dont need (cant use) the 12 months minimum that is all I can see. Is it possible without having to pay out the term of the contract or £50 penalty charges?

Thanks a lot
    Mark

6 Comments

Mmmm I use prodigy which only has a 1 month contract. Only problem is its £39.99 connection fee for new customers, Free if your migrating

See here prodigynet.co.uk/men…rue

500kbps to 8Mbps Lite
    2Gb transfer included £14.99 Per Month (Okay for the casual surfer, not download crazy ppl)

Minimum Contract
    1 months notice on all speeds.
    No cancellation fees.
    Simply call our support line if you need to cancel

Most ISP's will do a rolling contract, but your monthly sub will probably be dearer - try [url]www.plus.net[/url]

I believe Virgin also do PAYG broadband, or at least they use to if they dont now. Its not really any more expensive than a 12 month contract either. worth checking out.

Plus.net will beoverhauled in time as BT just bought them, from their appauling & deceptive history of service and CS, personally that will be a while off imo and i was a customer of theirs for many years.

Thing is boon you still need to active adsl on your line which means £40+ outlay, I would suggest [url]www.zenadsl.com[/url] who do rolling monthly contract

BE Unlimited.

24mb for £24 which is pennies and 3 month opt out, perfect for you.

Original Poster

Thanks for all your advice guys - much appreciated!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Looking for help/advice finding a weeks holiday in September please??56
      2. GAP Insurance Recommendations11
      3. Any discount for paultons park?22
      4. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?56

See more discussions