Broadband Northern Ireland

Posted 8th Oct
Hi all,

Looking for the best recommendations for fibre broadband in Northern Ireland. Problem with reading reviews on BT/Vodafone/Plus Net is they are always nearly negative comments!

Co.Antrim area!

All views welcome!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I'm in County Antrim and am with Sky, never had a drop in 6 years, I don't notice any throttling at any time of the day. I game, stream movies and music, they get my thumbs up.
Donkii08/10/2019 14:43

I'm in County Antrim and am with Sky, never had a drop in 6 years, I don't …I'm in County Antrim and am with Sky, never had a drop in 6 years, I don't notice any throttling at any time of the day. I game, stream movies and music, they get my thumbs up.

Great thanks for that. I’m not far from Templepatrick myself. There’s a deal in store with Currys for £25 a month with Sky.

Do you know of anyone else locally using anyone else?
Im outside Ballymena, not sure what anyone else's uses TBH, we have our TV and phone with Sky so just makes it tidier when it comes to the bills.
I'm between Ballymena and Antrim out in the stick ultimately had to go the 4g internet route have a Huawei b315 attached to a 4g aerial getting fibre speeds of 25-35mb/s never a drop out with an upload of about the same.
Tam9n08/10/2019 15:22

Great thanks for that. I’m not far from Templepatrick myself. There’s a dea …Great thanks for that. I’m not far from Templepatrick myself. There’s a deal in store with Currys for £25 a month with Sky. Do you know of anyone else locally using anyone else?

Not far from Templepatrick myself (well ok I lie cos at present in Turkey but anyhow!), been with BT for years since they first brought fibre to the area and never had a single issue. It's hard to go by reviews and no-one goes online for providors to say job well done, only to complain. Have you any neighbours you could ask also?
cecilmcroberts09/10/2019 08:03

Not far from Templepatrick myself (well ok I lie cos at present in Turkey …Not far from Templepatrick myself (well ok I lie cos at present in Turkey but anyhow!), been with BT for years since they first brought fibre to the area and never had a single issue. It's hard to go by reviews and no-one goes online for providors to say job well done, only to complain. Have you any neighbours you could ask also?

Thanks Cecil, might hVe to introduce myself to the neighbours. What speed are you getting with BT? They say for me about 36mb/s but a friend only a few hundreds meters gets 56mb/s with BT.
Tam9n09/10/2019 12:30

Thanks Cecil, might hVe to introduce myself to the neighbours. What speed …Thanks Cecil, might hVe to introduce myself to the neighbours. What speed are you getting with BT? They say for me about 36mb/s but a friend only a few hundreds meters gets 56mb/s with BT.

Think I am lucky, on the old upto 78 package and get between 70-72 rare it ever dips on the wired connection. Wifi wise fastest device sits around 68-70. Most neighbours on sky so guessing I have the BT all to myself lol. Few jumped ship to virgin when it became available the other month also. Used to be on O2 years ago then it was sold to Sky and they offered me terrible deals at the time so went to BT.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants