Groups

broadband package help.

Hey all.

I'm heading into the mind field of setting up Internet and phone for my mum while I stay there which I will keep paying for when I leave.

First question is can I get a contract for this house in my name and then get another in my new place?

Second I've read loads of deals lately on here and I think most are expired so what would people recomend right now? I don't think provider matter and minimum is a phone line and broadband at either the lowest price possible or the best value (like the recent bt deal)

I saw the bt deal a few weeks ago but seems expired and all the possible cashback and bundles is getting very confusing.

Thanks for reading. If you need more info please let me know.

6 Comments

You should be able to have more than one contract to your name, I had a home and a business contract both in my name for a few months.

I'm guessing you mean ADSL, rather than super duper fibre...
    PlusNet are offering 12 months free broadband with £17.99 line rental, on 12 months contract (normal BB price £9.99) with £50 cashback. Evening/weekend calls +£4, anytime +£8
    Looks like their deal is better via Uswitch
    uswitch.com/bro…ne/
    Ups the cashback to £75 - can also do line rental saver by paying the year in advance. NB. the £6 anytime deal seems to be missing, still £8 on the link
    Might be worth checking the other comparisons too, but that Plusnet deal is a Uswitch exclusive

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies!

All the info on uswitch was beginning to merge together last night as it was a very long day.

I need to do some speed tests but I need a fairly good upload speed if I can get it.

I guess plusnet is the cheapest one of all?
    Would anyone recomend anything else even if it's a little more expensive?

Original Poster

just to add something to the post that im not sure if ive got right...

TCB giving 65 cashback for broadband package.
    sky give a 100 master card

line rental is 17.40 and 20 to activate
    bb is free for 12 months too.

so 17.40 x 12 is 208.80 +20 is 228.80

- the 65 TCB and 100 card leaves it at 63.15 for the year so 5.27 a month.

is that right?

nekoangel

just to add something to the post that im not sure if ive got right...TCB … just to add something to the post that im not sure if ive got right...TCB giving 65 cashback for broadband package.sky give a 100 master cardline rental is 17.40 and 20 to activate bb is free for 12 months too.so 17.40 x 12 is 208.80 +20 is 228.80 - the 65 TCB and 100 card leaves it at 63.15 for the year so 5.27 a month.is that right?

Yes that looks correct.

Remember sky.com/claim within 90 days of your service being activated for your £100 mastercard.

And do not go through uswitch if you're getting TCB, go direct to sky website.

Have a look if you need to give them 30 days notice before ending contract like you do with BT.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Yes that looks correct.Remember www.sky.com/claim within 90 days of your … Yes that looks correct.Remember www.sky.com/claim within 90 days of your service being activated for your £100 mastercard. And do not go through uswitch if you're getting TCB, go direct to sky website.Have a look if you need to give them 30 days notice before ending contract like you do with BT.

​I went ahead this morning and ordered hah.

Cashback has tracked it's all sorted but install is weeks away atm. I can see the cash card in my account but can't request it yet obviously.

If it all works out I think that's the best thing I've found.

Also I payed for the q hub which was only 20 on top.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927376
      2. What would be HELL to you?3154
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2458
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force913

See more discussions