Broadband provider

Found 19th Dec 2017Edited by:"BargainB"
Can anyone suggest a Broadband provider that's less than the £48 per month I am currently paying. I am with TalkTalk and it lags when gaming so you can imagine the screams from upstairs when someone gets ambushed or killed because of it. Virgin have just installed in my area and they are asking £27 but thats without a landline. Any help would be appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
I don’t know the prices- but I’ve had the least problems with BT out of Sky, TalkTalk etc
First of all, you can change your package to under 35.00 for tv, broadband and calls with talk talk and register on their forum to get help with speed issues. The guys on the forum are better to talk to than customer service in India, and they can send out replacement routers etc if needed, after you've carried out a few checks for them.
Original Poster
Dolphinzz53 m ago

I don’t know the prices- but I’ve had the least problems with BT out of Sky …I don’t know the prices- but I’ve had the least problems with BT out of Sky, TalkTalk etc

Thank you.
loosescrew13 m ago

First of all, you can change your package to under 35.00 for tv, broadband …First of all, you can change your package to under 35.00 for tv, broadband and calls with talk talk and register on their forum to get help with speed issues. The guys on the forum are better to talk to than customer service in India, and they can send out replacement routers etc if needed, after you've carried out a few checks for them.

Thank you so much for this info.
Had same trouble with TT so cost me £95 to terminate early and went with bt when they Had black Friday offer. They either five MasterCard or pay upto 300 to buy u out of.contract but instead went through quidco for £75 cashback and £100 MasterCard which turned up today. Well happy with the speeds gone from 30mb to 50mb with zero drop outs and no lag.
Quidco still got the offers too
Have a look at mse for who has an offer on, different companies seem to be better in some areas brother is paying £24 virgin inc landline which he doesn't need or use.
I'm good with sky but I'd switch if price went up much.
hotukdeals.com/dea…278

Follow the link and have a good read. The deal has expired bcz VM has increased the price from £30 to £33.
I had nothing but hassle with BT and speed issues, have moved to Sky and although my speed has dropped a few Mbps the connection is so much more stable. I use my internet for both PC and console gaming and have no complaints so far.
I'm opposite
Sky was horrendous , BT has a nice solid connection
Each area is different
Ye I find each to their own. TT been fine for the last 8yrs but recently connection awful. Can't fault bt but I know ppl who have had trouble with them.
Anyone but BT, awful service and equally awful connection and infrastructure
I’ve been with talk talk and plus net and the drop is ridiculous , I am currently with sky and have been for around 6 years and I’m getting an internet phone line and tv deal for around £50 a month and they have a few good deals on at the moment if your looking for fibre optic
Each to their own findings. I joined Vodafone this month. And for £25/month im getting 70 down. Seems consistent and good signal. Just my findings.
So OP u decided what to d
Plusnet 25-30 quid for fibre. 20 quid for normal broadband. Includes line rental.
Original Poster
No, In bed with a bug so havent had a chance to look at all the info yet. It hurts to think. It wont be BT cos they were rubbish in my area and kept putting their prices up. Il be looking into Sky and Plusnet over the next few days.
Original Poster
A big thank you to everyone who volunteered info.
BargainB1 m ago

No, In bed with a bug so havent had a chance to look at all the info yet. …No, In bed with a bug so havent had a chance to look at all the info yet. It hurts to think. It wont be BT cos they were rubbish in my area and kept putting their prices up. Il be looking into Sky and Plusnet over the next few days.

Make sure you check out quidco and top cash back before though
Here's quidco offers

32841988-oWS1F.jpg
Here's quidco with plus net

32842004-0biAn.jpg
Here's top cash back with sky offers
32842013-nCCUa.jpg
Here's top cash back with plus net

32842033-QNaln.jpg
Under the terms and conditions for plus net it says they use traffic management so they will slow you down at peak times to make sure everyone gets reliable speeds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions