Broadband providers

Found 31st Dec 2017
I’m currently with Virgin media but my welcome price recently expired & i’ve given my 30 day notice to leave.
I’m impressed with their setup but don’t want to pay £40/m for fibre optic.
Anyone recommend any good providers or suggest who to avoid?
Am I being tight in not wanting to pay £40/m or is that dear?
Internet runs out on 8/1/18 and i’ve not had a retention offer (yet)...

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
21 Comments

I put my cancellation in a while ago,and they gave me a retention deal of bb only £20 month

We have sky broadband unlimited which is cheap and decent speed. Not fibre though

Virgin do it best fam, you say you'll leave but you will regret it. Hopefully they ring back with a bit of a discount.

Left Virgin for a BT deal from here.
Can't complain. However be careful for call outs, as they will try and charge you

What speed are you asking for - at £40/month it suggests 200Mbps! The best you will get with any other provider will be around 78Mbps - make sure you compare like for like when considering someone else.
Edited by: "Van1973" 31st Dec 2017

Van19732 m ago

What speed are you asking for - at £40/month it suggests 200Mbps! The …What speed are you asking for - at £40/month it suggests 200Mbps! The best you will get with any other provider will be arround 78Mbps - make sure you compare like for like when considering someone else.

I pay £20 for 200mbps,he should aim for that

tomdavidrichards7 m ago

I pay £20 for 200mbps,he should aim for that

That's a cracking price. I'm in need to call them in January as my Line Rental Saver expires in Feb and I don't want to renew - currently have a TV/Phone/BB bundle and looking to go down to BB only. I can only get basic broadband at 8Mbps from the BT network so I'm stuck with Virgin and I believe they know that. I'll target a £20/month spend but still be happy with something under £30!

Van19736 m ago

That's a cracking price. I'm in need to call them in January as my Line …That's a cracking price. I'm in need to call them in January as my Line Rental Saver expires in Feb and I don't want to renew - currently have a TV/Phone/BB bundle and looking to go down to BB only. I can only get basic broadband at 8Mbps from the BT network so I'm stuck with Virgin and I believe they know that. I'll target a £20/month spend but still be happy with something under £30!

How about Vodafone upto 38, 20quid a month,18month deal

tomdavidrichards9 m ago

How about Vodafone upto 38, 20quid a month,18month deal

Thanks, just had a look but not available for my postcode! Live in a small village between two towns which just has the most basic BT service yet the full Virgin service.

Van19738 m ago

Thanks, just had a look but not available for my postcode! Live in a …Thanks, just had a look but not available for my postcode! Live in a small village between two towns which just has the most basic BT service yet the full Virgin service.

Best provider,just need to haggle

If you want the 200Mbps speed then sadly you will have to pay virgin prices.

Can't you just sign up again as a new customer? Perhaps if someone else is living at your address you can use a different name?

jb6614 m ago

Can't you just sign up again as a new customer? Perhaps if someone else …Can't you just sign up again as a new customer? Perhaps if someone else is living at your address you can use a different name?

Not for 6 months, VM will block an address for 6 months to prevent doing this.

ItWasNotMe19 m ago

Not for 6 months, VM will block an address for 6 months to prevent doing …Not for 6 months, VM will block an address for 6 months to prevent doing this.

They don't. I regularly install houses where this happens. I'm yet to meet a salesman who would block an address
Edited by: "jb66" 1st Jan

tomdavidrichards19 h, 58 m ago

I put my cancellation in a while ago,and they gave me a retention deal of …I put my cancellation in a while ago,and they gave me a retention deal of bb only £20 month

How many Mbps

tomdavidrichards53 m ago

Jheez how did you do it. They have given me 100mbps for £25 bb only

Mihir9515 m ago

Jheez how did you do it. They have given me 100mbps for £25 bb only

Retention deal of 20quid for 100mbps originally but had free upgrade to 200mbps after a few months

tomdavidrichards25 m ago

Retention deal of 20quid for 100mbps originally but had free upgrade to …Retention deal of 20quid for 100mbps originally but had free upgrade to 200mbps after a few months

Did you notice any actual difference between 100/200? I'm on 150 at the moment and wondering if I'll actually notice any difference down/upgrading?

Never really noticed any practical difference in the past as my speed has been increased.
Edited by: "Van1973" 1st Jan

Van19733 m ago

Did you notice any actual difference between 100/200? I'm on 150 at the …Did you notice any actual difference between 100/200? I'm on 150 at the moment and wondering if I'll actually notice any difference down/upgrading?Never really noticed any practical difference in the past as my speed has been increased.

Nah can't tell
Post a comment
@
    Text