Groups

broadband question

i am currently with orange broadband and am thinking of changing to a diffrent isp now been as there are no llu in my area my choice is limited i cant decide between bt unlimited package and the post office and virgin can anyone help me decide which is the best out of those

9 Comments

what is your ]exchange ?

Don't use virgen they are rubbish i use them and after contract would like to change

I've just moved from Sky to BT homehub and can't fault BT at all - also get cashback through Quidco which is a brucie bonus

I would say either ]ADSL24 or ]Vivaciti(only on premium home however). If you download loads then vivaciti is your best bet, if you just want to use the internet then ADSL24 would suit you fine. Both ISP's have 1 month contracts so if you dont like what they give just switch

madinternetuser;6762354

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/WNPG this is it

looks like you are up a gum tree as they say

i am in a similar situation and took UKFSN.ORG as they offer a cheap buisiness package for £25 +vat and has the fastest upload speed (832kbps) without llu, and are always in the top 5 providers.

sorry i cant be of more help :oops:

goodluck
    :thumbsup:

car_mad1;6762353

Don't use virgen they are rubbish i use them and after contract would … Don't use virgen they are rubbish i use them and after contract would like to change

Which one of virgins plans did you get? If you get their 50Mbps connection, they're very good :-D I have it now and the speeds are amazing

InfernoZeus;6762673

Which one of virgins plans did you get? If you get their 50Mbps … Which one of virgins plans did you get? If you get their 50Mbps connection, they're very good :-D I have it now and the speeds are amazing

Look at his earlier link, he can't get Virgin's cable service at all - only their ADSL service.

What's your definition of best? Best Service? Best Value? Best Features? Best Bandwidth Limit?

Zen, IDNet or similar probably come top for service and features, but they're fairly expensive for the amount of bandwidth you get.

BT and Virgin on the other hand, are going to be cheap but both implement throttling and neither are renowned for their customer service.

I used to be with Zen and I'd still be with them but unfortunately none of their current plans suit me. I'm currently with Post Office Broadband Extra and while their accounts/webmail site (mypostoffice.co.uk) is fairly awful and I've no experience with their customer support I don't have any complaints about the connection itself. I'm not a particular heavy user but I've hit 60-70GB in a month before with no complaints from them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927366
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718
      5. What would be HELL to you?2635

See more discussions