broadband recommendations

Found 3rd Mar
currently with talktalk on the fast fibre plan get up to 38mb speeds & paying £27/month. that includes phone & tv stuff but we dont have a home phone or use normal tv so not really benefiting us. i feel like we could get a better deal but it's the contract that flatmate took out when we moved in.
I notice they are currently offering this same package to everyone but for £22.50/month & I think the extra fast package fora £5 boost so £27.5 (confusingly both packages seem to be called "faster fibre").
the contract is up in May so looking at options just now (not sure if a bit early). I notice on the talk talk website it says i can "switch to" one of the above packages but i'm not sure if this would incur a cost seeing as i'm already still in an existing contract?

there are only 2 of us in the house so tbh the speed we have now it fine, dont feel a need to pay more for even faster. I'm open to switching provider but would like to minimize down time (i think often switching provider there can be a period without internet?)

if anyone can suggest anything would be interested to hear.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Vodaphone is the cheapest at the moment £20 a month
I left TT after many years and went with BT. Getting steady 50mbs instead of 30ish for £30 per month, cashback from quidco and £100 reward card. Probably not got that deal on now but I'm well happy with the speeds and the cracking wifi around the house.
Plusnet is good quality and UK callcentres
omar0201 h, 58 m ago

Vodaphone is the cheapest at the moment £20 a month

I’ve just left In the cooling off period, after 6pm I was going from 63mbps to 4mbps, avoid Vodafone at all costs
sasultrasonic9 m ago

I’ve just left In the cooling off period, after 6pm I was going from 6 …I’ve just left In the cooling off period, after 6pm I was going from 63mbps to 4mbps, avoid Vodafone at all costs

My friend did the same with ee a while back they throttled at peak time.
Bt infinity.
Forgot to add aswell, get access to 1000's of wifi hotspots aswell with BT
richje1004 m ago

Forgot to add aswell, get access to 1000's of wifi hotspots aswell with BT

Millions lol not thousands
richje1002 h, 12 m ago

I left TT after many years and went with BT. Getting steady 50mbs instead …I left TT after many years and went with BT. Getting steady 50mbs instead of 30ish for £30 per month, cashback from quidco and £100 reward card. Probably not got that deal on now but I'm well happy with the speeds and the cracking wifi around the house.

Same here. Works out at £8.50 per month including line rental and I get around 55mbps.bt has been surprisingly very reliable (unlike sky!). Virgin media are far too expensive these days.
omar0205 m ago

Millions lol not thousands

Aye that's what I meant 😁
chocci32 m ago

Same here. Works out at £8.50 per month including line rental and I get …Same here. Works out at £8.50 per month including line rental and I get around 55mbps.bt has been surprisingly very reliable (unlike sky!). Virgin media are far too expensive these days.

Damn I'm paying £22
omar0203 m ago

Damn I'm paying £22

I'm paying 20 but that's good
omar02031 m ago

Damn I'm paying £22

Think he meant after cashback / reward card
Yes I'm paying £22 after reward and Quidco
omar02020 m ago

Yes I'm paying £22 after reward and Quidco

I had £75 cashback and £100 MasterCard. Paying £30 per month now so technically £15 pm.
richje1008 h, 27 m ago

I had £75 cashback and £100 MasterCard. Paying £30 per month now so te …I had £75 cashback and £100 MasterCard. Paying £30 per month now so technically £15 pm.

Mine was £150 at and £110 cashback hence £8.50

Discounted rates end in September so think I'll be switching again
I am with Virgin and although its rock solid speed (average 78mbps) and reliable the package costs are a ripoff and all the problems they are having with the Superhub Puma bug and the new Tivo-6 Hdcp2.2 issues is completely disgraceful and the customer service is only second worst to Talktalk so I advise to avoid Virgin forever.

Its twice the price of the equivalent Talktalk.
My brother has Talktalk and the broadband has always been reliable although not the fastest speed as its on the old BT shared network street cabinets 12mpbs max

Sky are doing a few deals but remember you can always phone the "retentions dept" and tell them you are thinking of leaving and get them to reduce the price although I notice ISP's are getting wise to this now especially Virgin and wont give you much of a deal unless you actually cancel - then two weeks later you will get a call and an offer to return before the cancellation day!
Edited by: "OmendataII" 4th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions