Broadband recommendedations

Posted 13th Sep
My current contract with talk talk for broadband ends next month (actually sooner than i thought 2/10) how much in advance do i need to renew or give notice?
Will possibly renew depending on what they can offer but looking for other deals/recommendations of other providers. Also what is down time if i switch providers?
This contract was £22.50/m for 18months which included a £5/m line rental reduction. Have been with them years so managed to "negotiate" that "reduction". That was for the "faster fibre" package.
When I renewed for the first few months there were significant issues with speed. I couldnt stream netflix & use wifi on my phone at once unless all i wanted was buffering. Talk talk were pretty unhelpful.
But i suppose issues occur with most companies.

I don't use a home phone so don't need a package with phone deals etc or tv deals (as I use subscription services)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Notice is 30 days.
So ring today. cos you are tied in now till 13/10/19.

When my plusnet ends im off to three, sim only and will stick in old 4G phone and use as router at first.
Then when 5G routers come out I will upgrade to one.
Three, fair use on data is 1TB a month.
My parents have Now broadband which includes all calls &t hey are very happy with it, also some good cash back at the moment
my bt bro band isnending in December im hopeing by them all the 5g will be out more
I was with TalkTalk, I just switched to Virgin same price(£26/month) but they have a special on the 100mb package, fingers crossed I also get £120 or something like that back from Quidco as well.
bigwheels13/09/2019 16:15

Notice is 30 days.So ring today. cos you are tied in now till 13/10/19...

OP appears to want a line takeover, not a combination of cease and re-provision with 2+ weeks break of service.
Assuming not moving to VM, a line takeover is usually effectively seamless with near-zero downtime. Just place an order quoting your existing landline number with a new provider and that provider will notify your existing provider (TT) of termination, with you receiving quaint paper confirmation letter in post. Time for new service to go active from date of order is typically 14 days (a minimum to allow for change-of-mind). So time the placing of new order to coincide with end date of current contract or ideally just after, to avoid any out-of-proportion early termination obligations.
Bigfootpete13/09/2019 17:29

I was with TalkTalk, I just switched to Virgin same price(£26/month) but …I was with TalkTalk, I just switched to Virgin same price(£26/month) but they have a special on the 100mb package, fingers crossed I also get £120 or something like that back from Quidco as well.

do you have a link to the virgin offer, cheapest tarrif i can see is 37/month
It's on the main page of Virgin media? I've clinked on the link in case you can't find it virginmedia.com/sho…ton

You can also click on the virgin media links from Quidco, but mine hasn't tracked so not happy with Quidco, they have gone downhill they didn't track my last purchase either.
Bigfootpete16/09/2019 07:58

It's on the main page of Virgin media? I've clinked on the link in case …It's on the main page of Virgin media? I've clinked on the link in case you can't find it https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/compare?navelement=homepage_pos4_buttonYou can also click on the virgin media links from Quidco, but mine hasn't tracked so not happy with Quidco, they have gone downhill they didn't track my last purchase either.

Thanks. Sadly it turns out I'm not in a virgin area
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants