Groups

Broadband speed location....

Is there a website you can view to check the max broadband speed in your area with postcode?
    Im thinking of upgrading from base to max from sky but there isnt much point if im not going to see a great result

cheers folks

15 Comments

try [url]www.simplifydigital.com[/url] select braodband then put in your post code and click on check then view report it will tell you the max speed you cna get

Banned

Is this some new form of asking for A/S/L ?

jamespir;4776752

try [url]www.simplifydigital.com[/url] select braodband then put in your … try [url]www.simplifydigital.com[/url] select braodband then put in your post code and click on check then view report it will tell you the max speed you cna get

no don't

use [url]www.samknows.co.uk[/url]

use your phone number without your postcode to get better indication. check postcode just so you can see how it compares.

do you have a router?
    if so log into your router and find your line attenuation. im on sky max and i have a line attenuation of 46db which equates to around 6.5 meg through their LLU on sky max
    lower att = faster speeds so the closer to the exchange the faster it will be

Original Poster

6.5 hmmm not too bad lol

saxo_appeal;4779742

6.5 hmmm not too bad lol

Mine shows that, but I live almost next door to my exchange, so I usually get around 7.0.

Original Poster

WOnder who gets the max 16gb that they say they can give out?

id love to have that speed lol

Hi can anyone explain these stats for me please?

[COLOR="Black"]ADSL firmware version : A2pBT009c1.d17d
    Connection mode : G.DMT
    Type : Interleave
    Noise margin (dB) : 10.1
    Attenuation (dB) : 13.0
    Attainable download rate (kbps) : 9952
    ADSL status : Connected [0]

Downstream Upstream
    Rate (kbps) 8096 448 [/COLOR]

Anyone?

abacus;4781669

Hi can anyone explain these stats for me please?[COLOR="Black"]ADSL … Hi can anyone explain these stats for me please?[COLOR="Black"]ADSL firmware version : A2pBT009c1.d17d Connection mode : G.DMT Type : Interleave Noise margin (dB) : 10.1 Attenuation (dB) : 13.0 Attainable download rate (kbps) : 9952 ADSL status : Connected [0] Downstream Upstream Rate (kbps) 8096 448 [/COLOR]

what that means is that most high internet users will hate you coz thats a very good line attenuation and you should sync at near enough the fastest downstream that your isp can give, did i mention i hate you ???:p

quote from a little checker i use
    "Based on the attenuation you entered, we estimate that your line can support around 16 - 22 Mbps on ADSL2+."

did i mention i still hate you

yeah what he said above but just to add you don't deserve it

dcx_badass;4787492

I get 18.5meg with talk talk :-D

Lucky

irradiated;4787381

what that means is that most high internet users will hate you coz thats … what that means is that most high internet users will hate you coz thats a very good line attenuation and you should sync at near enough the fastest downstream that your isp can give, did i mention i hate you ???:pquote from a little checker i use"Based on the attenuation you entered, we estimate that your line can support around 16 - 22 Mbps on ADSL2+."did i mention i still hate you

dontasciime;4787419

yeah what he said above but just to add you don't deserve it

Thanks guys it nice to be loved lol:p

abacus;4789927

Thanks guys it nice to be loved lol:p

You're welcome :thumbsup:

:gift:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay48
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1218
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416146
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32165

See more discussions