broadband speeds vs 4g

4 replies
Found 3rd Sep 2016
Hi I downloaded the speedtest app the other day to check my broadband speed, I found the wifi to be a lot slower than 4g on my phone 5.11 download and 0.9 Mbps upload compared to 80.5 and 32.3 respectively, is this normal? Would've expected the other way about ?

4 Comments

4G is sort of the 'fibre for mobile' so if you have standard broadband and are far from the exchange then yes this is to be expected

Copper broadband can currently give up to 17mbps and the speed you can get depends on your proximity to your local exchange
If you have never contacted your ISP to query your speed it's worth doing as they can run tests on your line and make sure you're getting the best speed out of it you can

Your 4G speeds are very good
Edited by: "jco83" 3rd Sep 2016

Original Poster

Ah ok cheers yes it's standard talk talk broadband my mums bt was slightly better at 9.9 and 0.99 cheers guys

if your speed testing your broadband through wi-fi through your phone-then it'll be half the speed your getting. Speedtest it on a laptop which is connected via an ethernet cable, and youll get tge right result.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition75876
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
    3. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM21
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers55

See more discussions