Groups

Broadband trouble...

Hi guys, some help if you can!

I have been a long term customer with BT with their line rental and broadband. However recently there has been a fault with the service, everytime the phone is used (either incoming or outgoing) the broadband connection drops and will only reconnect if I turn the modem on off and on.

Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone know what might be the cause of this?

19 Comments

Banned

perhaps try ringing them...............

csiman;8568523

perhaps try ringing them...............

means you'll loose ya BB connection, but hey, if they sort it for you you'll be OK :whistling:

It's a dodgy filter - phone signal is crossing over into the broadband signal, creating packet errors to the point where the connection is dropped.

Try a different filter, and check that there is a filter before every phone, sky box, fax machine etc

Best of all - try a different filter straight into the test socket with just your router and phone plugged into it - this will isolate any additional sockets in the house if you have any!

You got filters on at all in use sockets? Be it Sky, Fax, Modem, phone etc? Try your router and phone in the test socket:http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/image/bt_faceplate_removed1.jpg
    plug a phone in also. Ring your landline, problem persist? Likely to be an external problem. Problem stops? Likely to be internal, BT/Openreach may charge you if they prove it to your equipment or wiring.

Paddy_o_furniture;8568583

You got filters on at all in use sockets? Be it Sky, Fax, Modem, phone … You got filters on at all in use sockets? Be it Sky, Fax, Modem, phone etc? Try your router and phone in the test socket:plug a phone in also. Ring your landline, problem persist? Likely to be an external problem. Problem stops? Likely to be internal, BT/Openreach may charge you if they prove it to your equipment or wiring.

Alright stobbs - where you working now mate ?

dandoc2;8568587

Alright stobbs - where you working now mate ?

Contracting for BT (copper/fibre jointing), better money, better hours. Don't have to go into peoples houses etc

As they've said above is the first thing to do.

I have similar problem on my line, see my thread. Do you hear any noise on your landline??

Benjimoron;8568627

As they've said above is the first thing to do.I have similar problem on … As they've said above is the first thing to do.I have similar problem on my line, see my thread. Do you hear any noise on your landline??

You still getting noise on yours?

Paddy_o_furniture;8568651

You still getting noise on yours?

Yes mate, BT found fault, ran out of time to fix so hopefully getting fixed in a couple of weeks!

Paddy_o_furniture;8568598

Contracting for BT (copper/fibre jointing), better money, better hours. … Contracting for BT (copper/fibre jointing), better money, better hours. Don't have to go into peoples houses etc

ha ha result

dandoc2;8568913

ha ha result

tell me about it, was sick of going into stinking peoples houses. Final straw was when someones dog just dumped in front of me whilst I was fixing someones broadband. They didn't even bat an eyelid, kinda like it was normal behaviour for a german sheperd to go crap in your front room.

Original Poster

jayhab;8568581

It's a dodgy filter - phone signal is crossing over into the broadband … It's a dodgy filter - phone signal is crossing over into the broadband signal, creating packet errors to the point where the connection is dropped.Try a different filter, and check that there is a filter before every phone, sky box, fax machine etcBest of all - try a different filter straight into the test socket with just your router and phone plugged into it - this will isolate any additional sockets in the house if you have any!

Thanks, will give it a go, rep added!

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;8568583

You got filters on at all in use sockets? Be it Sky, Fax, Modem, phone … You got filters on at all in use sockets? Be it Sky, Fax, Modem, phone etc? Try your router and phone in the test socket:plug a phone in also. Ring your landline, problem persist? Likely to be an external problem. Problem stops? Likely to be internal, BT/Openreach may charge you if they prove it to your equipment or wiring.

Rep added too, thanks for the advice guys, hate hanging on to BT on the phone!

You sorted?

you aint added one of those bt booster thingies recently have you. I did and I now cant get my sky to connect, might be worth trying it without

loll1es;8578654

you aint added one of those bt booster thingies recently have you. I did … you aint added one of those bt booster thingies recently have you. I did and I now cant get my sky to connect, might be worth trying it without

Do you mean a filtered faceplate?
    If so, you're not still trying to use an inline filter as well are you?

Think he means an i-plate

Paddy_o_furniture;8580068

What will Apple think of next .

Paddy_o_furniture;8580068

ahhh - makes sense now then! - dodgy iplate then?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions