Groups
    EXPIRED

broadband without a BT line

i am after a ISP that provides its own phone line, i used to be with NOW but they are now available im my area anymore ( i am shocked they dont provide thier services in west london).

thanks in adv.

7 Comments

Virgin Media?

yeah i think the only other option than using a BT line is cable based (ie Virgin)

Tiscali provides free line rental,you pay only for broadband. look here; tiscali.co.uk/pro…592

My parents uses Tiscali for second year now,no problems whatsoever.They were in doubt about tiscali after reading rewievs in forums,but they are happy that choose tiscali,as they are cheap and thats the point.Speeds up to 5.7 MB/s,the slowest they have 2.1 MB/s.No download limits.

Do you have a neighbour with wireless? Would they be willing to share bandwidth for a small fee?

I've got 20mb VirginMedia and a neighbour pays me £5 per month to use it. She only uses email and light browsing, so we're both happy with deal.

Banned

Depends - what's your postcode?

Original Poster

Rimi;1951709

Tiscali provides free line rental,you pay only for broadband. look here; … Tiscali provides free line rental,you pay only for broadband. look here; http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/talk/?code=ZZ-NL-11EE&srccode=COD_592My parents uses Tiscali for second year now,no problems whatsoever.They were in doubt about tiscali after reading rewievs in forums,but they are happy that choose tiscali,as they are cheap and thats the point.Speeds up to 5.7 MB/s,the slowest they have 2.1 MB/s.No download limits.

i called them and said i dont have BT line, they asked my address and said you have a BT line but its not active and asked me to get it activated before i proceed any further with the order, so NO tiscali

W1zz;1951725

Do you have a neighbour with wireless? Would they be willing to share … Do you have a neighbour with wireless? Would they be willing to share bandwidth for a small fee?I've got 20mb VirginMedia and a neighbour pays me £5 per month to use it. She only uses email and light browsing, so we're both happy with deal.

I am a heavy user of the internet and will be surfing and downloading stuff all night long... next door meaning weak connection and also my neibours are not that friendly.

fubarphill;1951625

yeah i think the only other option than using a BT line is cable based … yeah i think the only other option than using a BT line is cable based (ie Virgin)

So which line would they use, or install their own???
    thanks for you replies, it looks like the only option i have is Vergin. thanks

Other providers are slowly starting to offer new line installations (over BT's network). Madasafish being one ]linky they charge £115 as opposed to BT's £125. There will be other providers who can install lines, It's just finding them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Electricity69
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
      3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
      4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions