Groups

broadband/Tv

Hello guys I've just moved house and looking for a broadband provider best for people who stream movies or play online kodi etc, any good suggestions/deals or vouchers people know of?" I'm happy to have the TV as well

thanks guys

10 Comments

Speedwise, there really only is one decent broadband provider in the UK. Virgin. Their 200mbps is amazing. If you want to stream legally, there should be no bandwidth theft (or "traffic shaping" as they prefer to call it), the same with online gaming. If you want to do anything naughty though, I would suggest using a vpn.

Original Poster

Not that I'm going to what's a vpn?

Vpn , virtual private network ,

I have no problems with talktalk

Topcashback upto £100 with talktalk

sirblue007

I have no problems with talktalk

Lots of other people do: bbc.co.uk/new…580

BT is good. Their promo ended. Well first find who are providers for your location. Then best offer they do.

mickrick

Speedwise, there really only is one decent broadband provider in the UK. … Speedwise, there really only is one decent broadband provider in the UK. Virgin. Their 200mbps is amazing. If you want to stream legally, there should be no bandwidth theft (or "traffic shaping" as they prefer to call it), the same with online gaming. If you want to do anything naughty though, I would suggest using a vpn.

Virgins only traffic shaping is restricted upload speeds for heavy uploaders..so unless you are a heavy bittorrent user you can download and stream what you want, when you want.
    Edited by: "Uridium" 20th Apr

Uridium

Virgins only traffic shaping is restricted upload speeds for heavy … Virgins only traffic shaping is restricted upload speeds for heavy uploaders..so unless you are a heavy bittorrent user you can download and stream what you want, when you want.

They traffic shape bittorrents and usenet, up and down. They also monitor and traffic shape streaming of material using kodi etc. Full details of their traffic shaping thresholds can be found here.

mickrick

They traffic shape bittorrents and usenet, up and down. They also monitor … They traffic shape bittorrents and usenet, up and down. They also monitor and traffic shape streaming of material using kodi etc. Full details of their traffic shaping thresholds can be found here.

now click on the 30Mbps and higher tab.....
    my.virginmedia.com/tra…tml

"We've got great news for all customers on our broadband tiers of 30Mbps and above. After listening to your feedback, we've decided to stop applying our traffic management policy to download speeds. So now you can download as much as you like without worrying about traffic management slowing you down."

Our new policy is simple:

We only restrict upload speed
    Your speed is only reduced while the upload threshold is exceeded. So the speed reduction could only last as little as an hour as long as you reduce your uploads

been this way for over 2yrs now.
    Edited by: "Uridium" 20th Apr
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apple Watch Series 3 EE Contract Cost518
      2. Ditched Sky55
      3. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?22
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1016

See more discussions