Found 23rd Nov 2009
Got an old DS (Phat) and niece dopped and broke the hinges and cracked some casing just above the bottom screen.

Needs a new casing as top screen hangs down.

Right so im asking should I allow fixing it and just get her a new one maybe DSi or should I fix it? Its in perfect condition apart from the hinges lol.

Also if I sold it how much would I get?

16 Comments

Banned

Probably worth getting a new one can't see your going to sell it for much and the hinges will probably be about £20 to fix, im just guessing though. Depends how much you use it

Hi babes xxxx

My daughter did a similar thing.. just the top screen cracked--- the hinges and everything else is fine xxx

Original Poster

ryman1000;6981919

Probably worth getting a new one can't see your going to sell it for much … Probably worth getting a new one can't see your going to sell it for much and the hinges will probably be about £20 to fix, im just guessing though. Depends how much you use it

Will get her one, maybe red one look good!!

ClarityofMind;6981937

Hi babes xxxxMy daughter did a similar thing.. just the top screen … Hi babes xxxxMy daughter did a similar thing.. just the top screen cracked--- the hinges and everything else is fine xxx

The screens are fine just it hangs off and have too look down to see the screen. :-D

Hi, hope your good.

Naeem786;6981996

Will get her one, maybe red one look good!!The screens are fine just it … Will get her one, maybe red one look good!!The screens are fine just it hangs off and have too look down to see the screen. :-DHi, hope your good.

I'm fine babes thank you.

Cant believe it's after 10 already!!

Well replacement cases are about £10 on the bay, whether you get a new one or not, fixing it would be worth while I reckon you might get £50 for it repaired.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6982005

I'm fine babes thank you.Cant believe it's after 10 already!!

Time flies when your having fun!! :-D

vinnyabdn;6982027

Well replacement cases are about £10 on the bay, whether you get a new … Well replacement cases are about £10 on the bay, whether you get a new one or not, fixing it would be worth while I reckon you might get £50 for it repaired.

Its the Phat one.

Naeem786;6982064

Time flies when your having fun!! :-D.

and apparently when you aren't also :?;-)

Naeem786;6982064

Its the Phat one.

See item 110459399828 for example.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6982087

and apparently when you aren't also :?;-)

Have them days!!!

vinnyabdn;6982106

See item 110459399828 for example.

Not bad, but may sell it the way it is and would mess it up more.

Nae bother :thumbsup:

Naeem786;6982147

Have them days!!!

:friends:

Try this guy who will give you a quote to repair, see Item 150386948778

We have used him a couple of times and found him reasonable with very quick turnaround.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

muppeto;6982251

Try this guy who will give you a quote to repair, see Item … Try this guy who will give you a quote to repair, see Item 150386948778We have used him a couple of times and found him reasonable with very quick turnaround. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Thanks may go down that route but thinking get her new one as will be Eid present too, she doing good in school so deserves it.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6982342

]None genuine replacement case less than £4.

If I did replace would have got it from there, the red looks good.

Cheers

Original Poster

No one else can help? Might try doing a DIY job got loads of glue!! lol

Editor

Closed as requested - thanks for the report

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition59608
  2. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers11
  3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums33
  4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33

See more discussions