Broken Fitbit Strap

Found 27th Jan
Hi guys

I purchased a Fitbit Charge HR about 2 years ago from a company called Fireworks Merchant Limited via Flubit.

Yesterday I noticed a tear on the strap. I don’t feel very confident replacing the strap myself, so was wondering if there are any retailers that can do this for me in London?

Here’s what it looks like now:

2884857-6tiA2.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
23 Comments
Similar thing happened to me, bought a replacement strap off eBay for around £5 and never had a problem. It’s very easy to replace the strap, google it.
They just clip on , push the metal bit by the watch body and it slips out . Available from Amazon very cheaply -I think I got 3 for £7 on a lightning deal . £10 for 3 now amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Jan
Original Poster
rogparki12 m ago

They just clip on , push the metal bit by the watch body and it slips out …They just clip on , push the metal bit by the watch body and it slips out . Available from Amazon very cheaply -I think I got 3 for £7 on a lightning deal . £10 for 3 now https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074MTM1M7/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t have a Fitbit Charge 2, just the Charge HR
Original Poster
This is the Fitbit I have

33150294-7Q2Sm.jpg
sazzopardi197115 m ago

Is it not a similar clip on connection ? Look on the underside .
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Jan
Original Poster
rogparki14 m ago

Is it not a similar clip on connection ? Look on the underside .

It doesn’t “clip on”, as there’s some screws which needs taken off and I’m worried I may damage something if I attempt to replace the strap myself. Looks complicated to do when I saw it on YouTube

33150384-GgLV1.jpg
sazzopardi19719 m ago

It doesn’t “clip on”, as there’s some screws which needs taken off and I’m …It doesn’t “clip on”, as there’s some screws which needs taken off and I’m worried I may damage something if I attempt to replace the strap myself. Looks complicated to do when I saw it on YouTube [Image]

Yes ,sorry if I misled you - it does appear to be a totally different fitting to the Charge2 I have - maybe an upgrade ? the Charge2's are going for about £80 now if they try to fleece you for a strap change ?
Original Poster
£I can’t seem to find any replacement straps on eBay, only the Fitbit Charge 2. I will have a look on Amazon as well
Original Poster
rogparki16 m ago

Yes ,sorry if I misled you - it does appear to be a totally different …Yes ,sorry if I misled you - it does appear to be a totally different fitting to the Charge2 I have - maybe an upgrade ? the Charge2's are going for about £80 now if they try to fleece you for a strap change ?

So the new version, Fitbit 2, does it have the same functions as the one I currently have? I’m not to keen on silicone straps now as they break easily
I have a recently dead charge hr. It is only a couple of months old. It was replaced under warranty but the strap is pristine. You can have it if you want. It is a small though, and small is small. The replacement doesn't look that hard on you tube, and if you started by pulling the broken one apart, you've lost nothing if you break it.
sazzopardi197112 m ago

So the new version, Fitbit 2, does it have the same functions as the one I …So the new version, Fitbit 2, does it have the same functions as the one I currently have? I’m not to keen on silicone straps now as they break easily

Not sure what yours has ,but check it out on Amazon or the fitbit website - has the normal things -heart rate, etc +connected GPS , steps etc and obviously easily changeable straps .
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell13 m ago

I have a recently dead charge hr. It is only a couple of months old. It …I have a recently dead charge hr. It is only a couple of months old. It was replaced under warranty but the strap is pristine. You can have it if you want. It is a small though, and small is small. The replacement doesn't look that hard on you tube, and if you started by pulling the broken one apart, you've lost nothing if you break it.

Thanks for the offer but mine is a large size. Looks like I will be looking to upgrade to Fitbit 2, as I will want to change the silicone straps for something more robust
Original Poster
rogparki5 m ago

Not sure what yours has ,but check it out on Amazon or the fitbit website …Not sure what yours has ,but check it out on Amazon or the fitbit website - has the normal things -heart rate, etc +connected GPS , steps etc and obviously easily changeable straps .

Yeah I just saw it on YouTube and it looks really good. Will have a look round and see if there are any lower offers because Amazon are selling for £99 and I want less lol
sazzopardi19716 m ago

Thanks for the offer but mine is a large size. Looks like I will be …Thanks for the offer but mine is a large size. Looks like I will be looking to upgrade to Fitbit 2, as I will want to change the silicone straps for something more robust

Ah well, it was worth a try. Small really is small with fit bit. I've just got a charge2 and the strap is very easy to change. I'm impressed you got two years out of the hr though, I went through three. It is worth stating they come with a two year guarantee so you could try going back to fit bit. You may get a free of charge replacement.
Original Poster
psychobitchfromhell2 m ago

Ah well, it was worth a try. Small really is small with fit bit. I've just …Ah well, it was worth a try. Small really is small with fit bit. I've just got a charge2 and the strap is very easy to change. I'm impressed you got two years out of the hr though, I went through three. It is worth stating they come with a two year guarantee so you could try going back to fit bit. You may get a free of charge replacement.

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply

“Thank you for providing us with your purchase information.

Unfortunately, because you’ve purchased your device through an unauthorized reseller, it is not covered by our warranty. For the details of our return policy please go to fitbit.com/ret…rns. As stated on those terms, the warranty only covers Fitbit products purchased directly from Fitbit or an authorized retailer. We advise contacting the seller from whom you purchased the product for further assistance. Your understanding regarding this matter is highly appreciated.

For a list of our authorized retailers please visit fitbit.com/whe…buy.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Team”
sazzopardi197110 m ago

Yeah I just saw it on YouTube and it looks really good. Will have a look …Yeah I just saw it on YouTube and it looks really good. Will have a look round and see if there are any lower offers because Amazon are selling for £99 and I want less lol

Yes I think that's about the discount price these days from Argos/Currys /Amazon . I've seen them down to £89 a few times since December - you just need to find a decent voucher/deal/cashback to go with it when the price goes down again . Happy hunting
sazzopardi197112 m ago

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply“Thank you for providing us w …I emailed them yesterday and received a reply“Thank you for providing us with your purchase information. Unfortunately, because you’ve purchased your device through an unauthorized reseller, it is not covered by our warranty. For the details of our return policy please go to www.fitbit.com/returns. As stated on those terms, the warranty only covers Fitbit products purchased directly from Fitbit or an authorized retailer. We advise contacting the seller from whom you purchased the product for further assistance. Your understanding regarding this matter is highly appreciated.For a list of our authorized retailers please visit www.fitbit.com/where-to-buy. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.Sincerely,Fitbit Team”

Oh that's a shame. If you think my defunct one might work just let me know. I assume the actual tracker will fit either strap. My wrist is tiny and I wore it about half way through band settings. I reckon you could get away with about a seven inch wrist or possibly a bit larger
Original Poster
I contacted Amazon via live chat regarding the Fitbit Charge 2 which is priced at £99.99 (large) and asked if there were any for a lower price. He said that IS the lower price but doesn’t come with the accessories, just the Fitbit..... Looks like I’ll have to wait for a better deal when it comes up here on HUKD
sazzopardi197114 h, 25 m ago

Hi I changed my hr strap on Friday ! Got strap on amazon for £15 it is a bit fiddly to fit tbh ! U get the small screwdriver with it for that price ! Mine is working fine ! Good luck
sazzopardi197113 h, 37 m ago

Yeah I just saw it on YouTube and it looks really good. Will have a look …Yeah I just saw it on YouTube and it looks really good. Will have a look round and see if there are any lower offers because Amazon are selling for £99 and I want less lol

Hi, not sure if this helps but I think I saw the charge 2 in large in Sainsbury's last night for £89 (maybe even 80). This was ipswich but it looked like a standard offer shelf label ie not a store-specific reduction. Still 130 on the website so I wouldn't make a special trip in case I am mistaken but may be worth a look if you're passing.
Original Poster
andyanddiane4 h, 39 m ago

Hi I changed my hr strap on Friday ! Got strap on amazon for £15 it is a …Hi I changed my hr strap on Friday ! Got strap on amazon for £15 it is a bit fiddly to fit tbh ! U get the small screwdriver with it for that price ! Mine is working fine ! Good luck

Yeah, I’m not good good at replacing this especially as the screws are so tiny. So, I’m now looking to upgrade and hopefully change the strap for something stronger than silicone
Original Poster
CatsWithThumbs4 h, 28 m ago

Hi, not sure if this helps but I think I saw the charge 2 in large in …Hi, not sure if this helps but I think I saw the charge 2 in large in Sainsbury's last night for £89 (maybe even 80). This was ipswich but it looked like a standard offer shelf label ie not a store-specific reduction. Still 130 on the website so I wouldn't make a special trip in case I am mistaken but may be worth a look if you're passing.

I’m off to Sainsbury’s in Nine Elms tomorrow. Hopefully there’ll be some available
Original Poster
I completely forgot about my Tesco Clubcard vouchers! Looks like I can get this for £83.50! And can collect it tomorrow

33158399-KAAPE.jpg

33158399-fKght.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants